8 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

But it simply shouldn't be "so close to red that it only looks sorta ok in some lighting". 

This is not anywhere near pure red:

<snip>

Surely the Japanese fans are commenting on the color???

I never meant to say the color in the pictures is correct, I just meant that it's hard to say whether it's pink, or red, or magenta, or what. My fault for not being clear.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So Gwynn just said it's just the lighting. But out of curiosity, is there any tweets or post that says what exactly the color otherwise?

That's a relief, but it does beg the questions of what the color actually is, and what the hell kind of lights are they putting on it that could make it look like that if it really is purple?

In the (presumably) professionally lot and taken photos, it still looks awfully reddish.  

I note that the molded plastic parts are darker and more purple than the paint---not as good a match as Bandai did for Hayate's.  The plastic parts look about the right color.  But there's SO much paint on the Delta valks, there's more paint than raw plastic.  And since the paint is a bit off....

25 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I'm a bit surprised at how many are concerned about show accuracy when it seems like nobody on this forum actually likes Delta.

I haven't liked any of the shows since Plus. I found Delta almost unwatchable. Love the Kawamori designs and I follow that exclusively now.

The VFs in the show were the best part (which we never got enough of anyway :P).  Having Bandai do such a lousy job color matching makes it seem that even they didn't even care enough about watching the series they sponsored. :p

Mostly just one more disappointment on the pile if even the toys come out wrong.  Extremely baffling too, since the prototype they showed last year looked fine.

Macross as a franchise is gaining the odd distinction of having every major merchandising licensee seeming to lose their ability to match a color on a screen to a color on a product. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

I'm a bit surprised at how many are concerned about show accuracy when it seems like nobody on this forum actually likes Delta.

I didn't mind Delta that much, but I hated 7. That wouldn't stop me from snapping up an imaginary 11MAXL or Panzerzorene figure though.

I'm hoping that the colour on Mirage is just in the photos/lighting, I'd rather not have it so close to Milia's straight red, but heck I know I'm locked in this ride to the end now.

Edited by WaferMouse

So if Makina will be with Mirage's 31F.  Then maybe they'll include Reina and Kaname will be included with Chuck and Arad.  Finally to top it all off, they'll include Freyja and Mikumo with Chuck and Arad to go with your Hayate and Messer 31's ;)

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Mirage's unique coloring was one of the few good aspects.   (Plus, my flightsuit Mirage figure just arrived---and her valk should match it).  

6 hours ago, hachi said:

But I want the color to be more red than violet! That's fake!!! I'm cancelling my PO right now!! @#!@$$!!! The website claimed Δ(delta)Red soldier of the platoon joins the DX super alloy!

:lol:

You're not alone, sir. I'm more of a Red person. ;) :lol: 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Kawamori-san and bandai will try and make you spend on a different color, head, radome or wingtip. <_<

I just wish they will release extra heads for it to mix and match. ^_^ 

52 minutes ago, RocketGTR said:

So if Makina will be with Mirage's 31F.  Then maybe they'll include Reina and Kaname will be included with Chuck and Arad.  Finally to top it all off, they'll include Freyja and Mikumo with Chuck and Arad to go with your Hayate and Messer 31's ;)

Mirage is 31C and not 31F. Messer is 31F. ;) Reina will be with Chuck and Kaname is with Messer. Mikumo is with Arad's 31S. And Freyja is already included with Hayate's 31J.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Mirage is 31C and not 31F. Messer is 31F. ;) Reina will be with Chuck and Kaname is with Messer. Mikumo is with Arad's 31S. And Freyja is already included with Hayate's 31J.

Man I must have had a brain fart this morning.  For some reason I didn't think they had included them in the first two. >_<

2 minutes ago, Duymon said:

West coasters got it so easy since that's at midnight.

East coasters like me are going to have bags under our eyes for that 3 AM F5-athon

Don't worry sir. Even if that's 11 or 12 something for us west coasters, we're going F5-ing at the same time and weep together at MWF afterwards. ;)