Sorry for the potato quality phone pics, but I hope this helps. Measurements taken with a digital caliper.

20170310_145432.thumb.jpg.1661b7a5ec1261aa9096a5c9719d1f6b.jpg

20170310_145500.thumb.jpg.9c71e3a86103d6ac09fe4bdd104a02b9.jpg

Ring - 1.35mm thick, 2.65mm diameter

Ring hole - .72mm diameter

Laser - 35.67mm long

back - 1.2mm thick, 2.95mm high

front tip - .62mm thick

laser height before dip to barrel - 1.86mm

long grey line - 12.32mm long

short grey line - 2.48mm long

grey barrel not including shroud - 2.5mm

Barrel and shroud - 1mm high

For those that want to know how to take the laser off, pull the head off, then use something like a precision screwdriver and push on the green circled part until it pops out.

20170310_152211.thumb.jpg.b9d66a7adb0e19f7fa065ea3d309646f.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I noticed a 3D print service shop nearby my working place and I chatted with the guy there who was kind enough to print a model I made today. 

I have to say that I made it by feeling, knowing how Bandai usually make its antennas. So I went for a 3mm wide, 1,5m hole and bingo this is just exactly what was needed. The result was good enough to take pictures. I need to slightly angle down the antenna and that will be it! 

I will try to make it in silver if possible, stay tuned!

IMG_8994.JPG

Wow you made that with estimates off the top of your head? That's pretty damn impressive.

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

For those that want to know how to take the laser off, pull the head off, then use something like a precision screwdriver and push on the green circled part until it pops out.

Thanks for the info! Wish I had known this sooner.

On 3/11/2017 at 4:35 AM, no3Ljm said:

Ha! You specified 'some kid'. What if your teenage son was still a kid? Would you go Wolverine's 'Berserker Barrage' here, eh? :lol: 

Wolverina.gif

What if that 'some kid' was a child of a girlfriend? What are you going to do, Spanner? Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

hehe! nahh my son is extremely good with toys and wouldn't ever mess around with my Valks! In fact everyone I know who has seen my collection knows to look with their eyes and not with their hands! LOL!

haha Duymon! I though it would be too disgusting showing a picture of me peeling all the dust and other things, so I preferred to put the picture of the antenna once recovered ;)

I have finished the model and I will order it soon, unfortunately the Silver version is a bit too expensive to my taste! I don't know if Black Hi-Def Acrylate can be printed, but if it is, it should be best result out of it!

I made a second version that should be printed in Steel family, they are the strongest print materials out there, it would need to be cut (rotary tool is mandatory, no cutting pliers would be strong enough to my knowledge) and it would need to be polished (high grit rotary tool) to obtain a great shiny surface.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=VF-31&s=0

03.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

On March 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM, valhary said:

seems to be more than one those choose the isamu scheme

C3aJ428VcAIDL_-.jpg

This is pretty much the perfect representation of Isamu's scheme id you ask me.  The other one with all of the red on the canarfs looked wrong.