It's a wireless charger for the multi-drones.

It was never shown in use in the TV series, but was shown in the preview version of episode one, which aired several months before the TV series. That episode is available on the Blu-ray and DVD. In the preview episodes, the multi-drones protect Walkure from a micro-missile strike using their pin-point barriers and then fall to the ground as their power is drained. One of Delta Platoon is then shown using the wireless charger to almost instantly recharge the drones.

Unfortunately, they cut that scene in the final release version of episode 1.

And yes, there are several scenes in the TV series where some of the characters detached the beam gunpod and used it handheld. Hayate, Messer and maybe Mirage all did IIRC.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

It's a wireless charger for the multi-drones.

It was never shown in use in the TV series, but was shown in the preview version of episode one, which aired several months before the TV series. That episode is available on the Blu-ray and DVD.

Unfortunately, they cut that scene in the final release version of episode 1.

Oh wow, did not know this. I actually watched that preview episode, but I must have forgotten about that scene.

Also, just received my shipping notice from NY for my VF-31, very excited :D

so anyone know where the super parts for the Vf-31 are available for purchase other than NY? I checked the Bandai website but the pre-order windows ended a couple of days ago and i missed it. Boo!

4 minutes ago, erikos0311 said:

so anyone know where the super parts for the Vf-31 are available for purchase other than NY? I checked the Bandai website but the pre-order windows ended a couple of days ago and i missed it. Boo!

NY might be your only choice now. I know Anime-Export and Big In Japan had them but the pre-orders are closed.

13 hours ago, erikos0311 said:

Nin-nin-game has them available for preorder:

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/22037-macross-delta-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immelman-custom-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

7 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

So I guess the next release is those sweet neutral 31F super packs. But the only 31s I want are the C and the E! :rolleyes:

Anyone else going to be buying packs for birds they don't own yet?

I got the J supers even tho i havent got a J. Gonna put em on the F. ;)

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

6 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

I'll probably get Chuck supers on the 25f. Gray with orange accent is a hit on me.

Man, you just know someone out there has 5 Fs on PO and is just waiting for the other 4 packs to go up! Looking forward to seeing your accented birds if you post them.

You mean on the 31f unless it fits the 25 too?^_^

i agree Orange on the f would look cool too...but that would be a darker grey...you mentioned grey and made me thk....

chucks supers on the 31a!! Would it work you thk?? Only the wing tips are different right? Can the walkure valk supers fit onto the A as well?

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

So I guess the next release is those sweet neutral 31F super packs. But the only 31s I want are the C and the E! :rolleyes:

Anyone else going to be buying packs for birds they don't own yet?

Yup, I bought an extra one for the 31F. ;) 

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Me too. Looks nice, right? ^_^ 

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I'll probably get Chuck supers on the 31f. Gray with orange accent is a hit on me.

Hope it's really is more orange rather than yellow.

31F-yellow_13.jpg.eb5d2af7ee054e99103e119d2b86c31e.jpg

4 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

Man, you just know someone out there has 5 Fs on PO and is just waiting for the other 4 packs to go up! Looking forward to seeing your accented birds if you post them.

Nah. Most of the people here doesn't think that way. Making profits out of each other. Most members here pose their 3 in each mode. 1 extra to keep it MISB. And 1 for just in case. :lol:

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

My bad, I mean the 31f lol

The 31a with bright colors will work too. Too bad we won't get that red and black stripes for this batch of 31's

Don't worry, chyll2. I just made one for you. ;)

31F-red_13.jpg.d8e1c8603f79ba423681e270b25467a4.jpg

Ended up deciding not to sell off my VF-31, and cracked open the box. Good lord, what an impressive figure.

This is by far and away the best valk I've ever owned. Joints that need to be tight or ratcheted are, and the whole thing doesn't feel super fragile at all (which some of my older Yamato stuff did).

I was so impressed I impulse bought the super parts :lol:

Would buy almost any of those 31A's.  

And why oh why did we never see any of those missile pod options?   I like the one with the larger hatches, less of a -30 clone.

As for the technical aspects---hmmn.   "VFC".   Compared to the known Active Flow Control of the -19-----I'm thinking either vernier flow control or vortex flow control.   The diagrams seem equally appropriate for both.   I almost want to say "vernier, used to control the vortex".

With the explanation of the 31A having larger canards than the FSW versions to balance out the center of lift (thus making them lifting canards and not so much vortex-generators) I get the impression Kawamori is kind of on a canard "kick" at the moment, and their aerodynamic effects.  

Oh man, I love the color schemes listed on those last 2 pages. So much better than the ones they chose to use for the show. I know the chances of them ever getting made are pretty much 0 but i'm going to hold out hope for a low vis Arad since it is at least a variation on a hero valk.