konichiwa! *waves hands* this is how you transform valkyries...*breaks head off* :o

http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/

DX 31 hype train now boarding again....

plus we seem to have a important date...

Refreshing to see a seemingly more simplified transformation. No more of the tuck arms between legs business. Tucking the arms to the outside of the legs and snapping them in underneath the wings is so simple and elegant.

iirc their promo video showed a prototype that was fully coloured and transformable

Refreshing to see a seemingly more simplified transformation. No more of the tuck arms between legs business. Tucking the arms to the outside of the legs and snapping them in underneath the wings is so simple and elegant.

The overall clean aesthetics of the VF 31 are refreshing compared to the intricacy of the Sv 262

That's what I thought. The vertical fins won't fold completely flat on the wing, they'll fold over and leave their base upright to attach the over-wing Super part.

That's what I thought. The vertical fins won't fold completely flat on the wing, they'll fold over and leave their base upright to attach the over-wing Super part.

That's how it is in the show, so that's pretty much expected.

Yeah i'm suprised they didn't try to milk the mold a bit more with the klan version. Also sad we didn't see a vf-24 or yf-30 repaints and different weapon pods.

I remember really wanting a dx vf-24 paladin at one point but, it never happened. If you've never seen it, it looks a bit like the white knight scheme in that old picture from delta

konichiwa! *waves hands* this is how you transform valkyries...*breaks head off* :o

http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/

DX 31 hype train now boarding again....

plus we seem to have a important date...

Those stands look like they took a page out of yeti's design book...

I remember really wanting a dx vf-24 paladin at one point but, it never happened. If you've never seen it, it looks a bit like the white knight scheme in that old picture from delta

Those stands look like they took a page out of yeti's design book...

The stands certainly look a lot cleaner than the old SMS stands we got with the frontier valks.

So... looking at that video, it looks like instead of the typical folding nose, this one actually twists at an angle to bend down. Like that mechanism better honestly, but I wonder if it'll lose tension over time. :huh:

Droopy nosecone syndrome? ^_^

So... looking at that video, it looks like instead of the typical folding nose, this one actually twists at an angle to bend down. Like that mechanism better honestly, but I wonder if it'll lose tension over time. :huh:

To be honest, any parts of a transforming toy tends to get loose over time if you play with it. It's either we enjoy it, or just keep it in the box. ;)

Speaking of box, why not buy 3. 1 for playing. 1 to keep it in the box. And 1 for... you know, just in case. :)

I've taken to buying Bandais in pairs just so I can have a set of spare parts to replace anything they forget to put in the box, or explodes on contact with air. <_<

but does that include doubles of doubles and so on!? so if I bought 3x VF-31A then I'd need to buy an additional 3 totaling 6 to make that strategy (brilliant I might add) work! :p:lol:;)

hey, leave some valks for those who can't buy them immediately :lol:

i'm really conflicted if i'll get hayate's valk. i'm hoping to pick one up in japan next year. mirage's on the other hand, i want asap :p

Edited by hachi

:lol: I started doing that after the issues with the 171s, so, that may count as a special case. I just figured having a stash of spare parts to fix things with was a good idea, whether there were any problems reported, or not.

If I had the physical space to handle one for each mode, I might indeed grab six, but with so many variants in this show, they're going to pile up fast. :ph34r:

but does that include doubles of doubles and so on!? so if I bought 3x VF-31A then I'd need to buy an additional 3 totaling 6 to make that strategy (brilliant I might add) work! :p:lol:;)

6? And that's just for Delta a01, right? You're not going to complete the whole Alpha squad with a total of 30 DX VF-31A Valks? :rolleyes:

I'm heavily debating which planes to even focus on, because I know some will be more popular than others. Getting Hayate's and Mirage's seems like a no brainer, but honestly, the only other one that really appeals to me is Chuck's, and the eventual 31A (which I might justify a pair of). That might change over the course of the series, but for now it's a relief to my wallet to not feel the need to track down all the releases.

Better still, unless they start differentiating the 262s in some way, I'm not seeing much reason to get more than two, maybe three total. Even if the markings on the individual fighters differ, there's been no real attempt to point out which fighter belongs to which character, aside from Keith's.

Am waiting to see if any replacement pilots are going to be using D02, and if its still going to be with the grim reaper insignia.

It would be a kick in the pants if suddenly there was a new 31 valk..otherwise it may very well be down to just the remaining...

To be honest, any parts of a transforming toy tends to get loose over time if you play with it. It's either we enjoy it, or just keep it in the box. ;)

Speaking of box, why not buy 3. 1 for playing. 1 to keep it in the box. And 1 for... you know, just in case. :)

Ill do that if the price was 1/3 of what it is!

Am waiting to see if any replacement pilots are going to be using D02, and if its still going to be with the grim reaper insignia.

It would be a kick in the pants if suddenly there was a new 31 valk..otherwise it may very well be down to just the remaining...

Keeping delta squadron to the current five units is possible if the script includes hayate piloting Messer's valk at some critical juncture of the story... Like if hayate eventually inherits the grim reaper role.

Hey but then there's no reason to stop Bandai from introducing a totally new unit and pilot to bleed us further!

No, no, no, it's buy 5 of each:

1 for general play and transforming, 1 to display in Fighter mode, 1 to display in Gerwalk mode, 1 to display in Battroid mode and 1 to keep unopened in the box as a spare in case of damage or breakage to any of the others :p

1 for general play and transforming, 1 to display in Fighter mode, 1 to display in Gerwalk mode, 1 to display in Battroid mode and 1 to keep unopened in the box as a spare in case of damage or breakage to any of the others :p

Graham, don't you mean 8 of each? Additional 3 modes with Super Packs. ;)

Sounds about right, except...

Graham, don't you mean 8 of each? Additional 3 modes with Super Packs. ;)

He's got a point too. :lol: