After dealing with the Frontier kits, I have no desire to ever touch another Bandai 1/72 kit. I have way more money than time (or patience) these days.

I did preorder a Hayate 31 kit, but I'm pretty much snapping that one together out of the box. It's really just to familiarize myself with the transformation and tide me over till the DX toys arrive.

Haha, me too exactly.

Yep, Me three!!! Those Bandai transforming kits almost turned me off modelling all together, you really have to be a sadist to complete one of those (and I did two of them!!!) :p

Edited by wm cheng

Yep, Me three!!! Those Bandai transforming kits almost turned me off modelling all together, you really have to be a sadist to complete one of those (and I did two of them!!!) :p

No way, I'm the biggest sadist here!

IMG_20160512_133610_zpsuyocupqd.jpg

I actually threw out out all my Frontier kits once we got the renewals. I only kept the one above for sentimental reasons. :rolleyes:

Hayate's VF-31 kit will also be tossed in the trash once I get the DX in my hands! :)

So you dislike all fast packs? Because they all do it, except the 17 and the 21.

the 17, 171, 21, 0S/A, SV-51, 11, and technically the YF/VF-19. (even though the bandai/arcadia toys did it, they don't in the official line art).

I'm still very upset at the (almost) complete lack of Itasha DX chogokin releases. it's literally the most obvious thing they could do yet they haven't.

I guess they are not that popular with most fans and don't sell well enough.

They are certainly not my cup of tea.

I actually threw out out all my Frontier kits once we got the renewals. I only kept the one above for sentimental reasons. :rolleyes:

Hayate's VF-31 kit will also be tossed in the trash once I get the DX in my hands! :)

Haha, yeah I likely will throw the kit as well. Or use it as an airsoft target.

I'm sure by the time the DXs come out, the kit will be a broken froppy mess anyway.

That's a lovely looking VF, Lolicon. Nice job!

Thanks! I had the feeling that anime52k8 might have been only person on the forums that didn't take itasha schemes as a personal affront. ;)

I'll give you my postal address and you can toss it out in my direction! hehe! ;):lol:

Just to be clear, I'm not painting or detailing this thing in any way. Just snapping it together and slapping on the stickers. I can't go through the same crap that I did working on the Frontier kits again! Well, maybe I might paint the canopy frame, but that's all! But if you want to pay for shipping to Australia, sure! :lol:

... And Lolicon wins the "Glutton for Punishment" award. attachicon.gifthumbs_up.gif

How right you are! Bandai's decals are some of the worst I've worked with! Way worse than even my homemade inkjet printed decals!

Haha, yeah I likely threw the kit as well. Or use it as an airsoft target.

I'm sure by the time the DXs come out, the kit will be a broken froppy mess anyway.

Yup! It'll be my poor man's DX till the real thing comes along. :rolleyes:

Yep, for my poor man's DX, I'm just gonna snap the kit together as quick as I can, maybe apply a few dabs of super glue on some parts where necessary, slap the stickers on and perhaps do a bit of quick panel lining using a Gundam marker and that's it.

Ain't gonna be any sanding, puttying, scribbing panel lines, painting etc (not that I know how to do any of that stuff anyway.............hahaha!)

Graham

Thanks! I had the feeling that anime52k8 might have been only person on the forums that didn't take itasha schemes as a personal affront. ;)

Just to be clear, I'm not painting or detailing this thing in any way. Just snapping it together and slapping on the stickers. I can't go through the same crap that I did working on the Frontier kits again! Well, maybe I might paint the canopy frame, but that's all! But if you want to pay for shipping to Australia, sure! :lol:

Hey, don't sell yourself short. I've built a "normal" 1/72 VF-25 and the "itasha" 1/100 VF-25s, and the thought of doing both combined like you did gives me nightmares! Although that Klan-version VF-25G always did tempt me.

And I don't have anything like the presence Mike does on these boards, but rest assured there's at least one more person here hoping to see each VF-31 covered with pictures of its respective idol.

No way, I'm the biggest sadist here!

IMG_20160512_133610_zpsuyocupqd.jpg

Nice built, Lolicon. ;)

I'm still very upset at the (almost) complete lack of Itasha DX chogokin releases. it's literally the most obvious thing they could do yet they haven't.

Me too. Would love to get one of each Frontier idol for the VF-25's. And Minmay for VF-1's. They should go with the Macross 30 Itasha designs. :rolleyes:

that's perfectly fine! :D

get a postage quote and PM me and we'll go from there! hopefully it won't be stupid expensive or you'll definitely be tossing it in the garbage.. :lol:

Hey, don't sell yourself short. I've built a "normal" 1/72 VF-25 and the "itasha" 1/100 VF-25s, and the thought of doing both combined like you did gives me nightmares! Although that Klan-version VF-25G always did tempt me.

And I don't have anything like the presence Mike does on these boards, but rest assured there's at least one more person here hoping to see each VF-31 covered with pictures of its respective idol.

While I wouldn't go full itasha on the VF-31 it would be nice if they have a small icon of the associated Idol on their Valkyrie. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got a pm for a vote, here you go Xigfrid :)

• VF-31F Delta 02 w/ 18 votes
  • Second: VF-31A w/ 15 16 votes

​​if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. valhary
  9. Dio
  10. ULessa (tie w/ delta 02)
  11. Scream Man
  12. Nazareno2012
  13. arbit

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. akteon
  10. NZEOD
  11. RocketGTR
  12. McFly!!
  13. M'Kyuun
  14. realdeal
  15. Garfinkel
  16. ULessa (tie w/ delta 01)
  17. Mr Bomber
  18. Alberich

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8
  7. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 05)
  8. VF-9 Cirno (tie w/ VF-31A)
  9. sh9000
  10. hachi (tie w/ delta 05)
  11. aurance

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot* Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor
  3. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 04)
  4. hachi (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey
  6. physioguy
  7. Spanner76
  8. raptormesh
  9. Kelsain
  10. VF-9 Cirno
  11. ErikElvis
  12. Mazinger
  13. vipergb34
  14. Nekko Basara
  15. mechaninac
  16. Xigfrid

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

** speculated based on interactions

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hayate's gonna be first, right? Does anyone remember the 25 releases? Was Alto first, or did they release more than one at a time?

Alto, Ozma, Michael, Luca, then Cannon Fodder.

Alto was first in October/November. I assume a similar schedule for Delta. Hayate, then Messer in Feb, Arad in June and it's a toss up if Mirage or Chuck gets last place (I would assume Chuck because RVF's are always last and Yellow isn't the most popular color generally.)

Mirage is one of the series leads, it seems odd to relegate her valk to such a late release---but that does seem to be what they're doing.

Especially with Arad so early on---sure he's got the "flashiest" scheme, but plot/character-wise, he's far less important than Mirage.

(I'd argue against Messer as well, but his valk is heavily featured, even if his character is not).

Mirage is one of the series leads, it seems odd to relegate her valk to such a late release---but that does seem to be what they're doing.

Especially with Arad so early on---sure he's got the "flashiest" scheme, but plot/character-wise, he's far less important than Mirage.

(I'd argue against Messer as well, but his valk is heavily featured, even if his character is not).

maybe they wanna slip less important characters in between the mains to keep interest up.

If I were setting the release schedule I'd save Mirage for last.

Hayate - lead of the show (more importance) DUH...we all know it's being released first

Arad - sempai...cool commander S-type variant

Messer - da Ace (more importance)

Chuck - got the cool radome...comic relief...not as important

Mirage - other lead of the show, will complete the set (more importance)

I dunno....take that as you will. -_-

Guest davidwhangchoi

According to the Tamashii Nations twitter, the development of the VF-31 its complete

https://twitter.com/t_features/status/731845968992198656

Yessssssss thanks for update

I'm an Ozma and Roy fan, so I think Arad is my vote here. VF-31S.

updated and added you to list.

pre-orders come soon!!!!!!! please :unsure::)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

post-18429-0-09779500-1463464162_thumb.png

Looking at them side by side. I didn't realize how different they are.

I wonder what will be the next Delta valk. The 30?

Edited by arbit