The 31S has a different color scheme tho in the modellers section. Frankly i like it better with black area's instead of the teal...wonder why is that or is it just a camera trick that changed the color..

Noice pics post tho! Thanks IXTL on both this and the modellers...

sigh and i still cant get pass those stick?head lasers on the 31s in fighter mode...no design at all and looks like put there as an afterthought..

will reserve my fav judgment on it until delta airs tho...

I love the teal on Delta01. I don't think that the color scheme will change since it was in all the key images and the preview episode. It is probably just the lighting. the VF-31E looks also too dark.

What do you not like about the head-turret lasers? Just the way they look? I think they are in line with the other designs in Valkyrie history.

What do you not like about the head-turret lasers? Just the way they look? I think they are in line with the other designs in Valkyrie history.

they look exactly the same as how they did on the 25, the 29 and the 30. I don't see the problem with them.

I am seriously beginning to question if there are in fact landing gear at all on this thing though.

I love the teal on Delta01. I don't think that the color scheme will change since it was in all the key images and the preview episode. It is probably just the lighting. the VF-31E looks also too dark.

they look exactly the same as how they did on the 25, the 29 and the 30. I don't see the problem with them.

I am seriously beginning to question if there are in fact landing gear at all on this thing though.

1. the semi circle outline of 'ears' seem so simple (if thats the word to use?) the and the fact that the lasers are a bit to plain?

I dont know something abt them irk me...everything else looks sleek and those lasers seem like 2 "walking canes" :lol::lol: ...

the fact that its pure white whilst the rest of the valk is colorful also makes it obvious to my eye...oh well.....

2. If in fact the modellers version is a camera lighting issue, i really like the black in place of the teal more...it looks more menacing somehow...but i guess the black is reserved for D02 ...

3. Perhaps they dont show landing gear pics often this early (?) in the game, but yes its still a wonder to me too...

I'm getting more and more excited for these! With all the comments on the similarities of the VF-31a / YF-30 I thought it was worth a quick photochop "test".

This series of chops is only moving the rudder location, then removing black, red, and adding the 31a paint scheme.

yf-31a.png

yf-31a_art.jpg

Maybe I'll save some money and just paint my YF-30...not :)

Edited by Bobby

Yes Bobby! Nice work and thank you for your efforts.

I'm giddy at the thought of owning a -31A.

Something tells me I'll have to wait through the release of all the hero Valks first though.

Ok, I think I see where the landing gear is gonna go. there's a really big door that makes up most of the outer grey colored section of the legs. I'm thinking that's where it goes.

Is anyone else surprised that the Delta Squadron models of the -31 don't have a different canopy arrangement from the -31A? I was expecting dedicated two-seaters with some setup that would let the idol exit the rear seat without the pilot having to open the main canopy.

Looking good. For those of you more familiar with the more recent VF's are melee weapons usually standard? I think at least one of the Delta valks is packing a sword or knife as seen in episode one. I really like the idea of a valk with a practical melee weapon like the bayonet the VF-11B had.

Also, has there been any official word on the gerwalk only "option parts"? I remember the VF-30 had something similar, but in battroid mode. It would be nice if the new weapons were not restricted to just gerwalk mode.

I know it will probably never happen, but would anyone else drop $200 or more on a 1/60 Delta Regult with the arms and the Q-Rau's missile pack? I'd go $300 on that, it was just too adorable.

Hmm. Kind of like dissappointed to see the other 4 have the same pod system. I was hoping to see different pods for each. I also assumed that one of them would somehow carries the same missile pod from Chronos but only revised a little. Guess, we can't have it all, eh? :unsure:

Is anyone else surprised that the Delta Squadron models of the -31 don't have a different canopy arrangement from the -31A? I was expecting dedicated two-seaters with some setup that would let the idol exit the rear seat without the pilot having to open the main canopy.

It is a bit surprising, actually. Kawamori usually does take into account little details like that. It would almost make more sense if they were in an entirely separate section from the cockpit altogether, really.

Hmm. Kind of like dissappointed to see the other 4 have the same pod system. I was hoping to see different pods for each. I also assumed that one of them would somehow carries the same missile pod from Chronos but only revised a little. Guess, we can't have it all, eh? :unsure:

The more I see the pod, the less I like it and the more I miss the missile light bar on the 30.

I agree, the pods all being the same seems to go against the idea of what the pods are used for. Different payloads. Then again we haven't seen much of the series and that could change. Plus, these are promo shots. They could all be pallet swaps of the same image and they're saving something for a big reveal. Or it changes as the series will progress.

It is a bit surprising, actually. Kawamori usually does take into account little details like that. It would almost make more sense if they were in an entirely separate section from the cockpit altogether, really.

I agree, the pods all being the same seems to go against the idea of what the pods are used for. Different payloads. Then again we haven't seen much of the series and that could change. Plus, these are promo shots. They could all be pallet swaps of the same image and they're saving something for a big reveal. Or it changes as the series will progress.

I agree with this. And thought of it too. It's just that, it would be nice to have different pods for each Valk color from the very beginning and still have other various pods as the series progresses. :rolleyes: Imagine, multiple different pods for each Valk. Looks promising and devastating at the same time for people's wallets. :lol:

That's my guess. New pods come with Super packs, or a mid-season upgrade. Both options require new/more toys, thus more money for Bandai.

But the single-piece rear-hinging canopy does seem odd, for semi-custom variants that will constantly have people getting in and out of the rear seat. I know Kawamori knows planes well enough to know how the F-104 and A-7K etc canopies work. And of course, exactly like the YF-19's would be perfect.

::edit:: F-4 or A-5 style would likely be best, after YF-19.

I agree with this. And thought of it too. It's just that, it would be nice to have different pods for each Valk color from the very beginning and still have other various pods as the series progresses. :rolleyes: Imagine, multiple different pods for each Valk. Looks promising and devastating at the same time for people's wallets. :lol:

I sure Bandai is pressuring Kawamori do design as much weapon pods as possible so they can sell color coded add-on sets for each Valkyrie.

That's my guess. New pods come with Super packs, or a mid-season upgrade. Both options require new/more toys, thus more money for Bandai.

But the single-piece rear-hinging canopy does seem odd, for semi-custom variants that will constantly have people getting in and out of the rear seat. I know Kawamori knows planes well enough to know how the F-104 and A-7K etc canopies work. And of course, exactly like the YF-19's would be perfect.

::edit:: F-4 or A-5 style would likely be best, after YF-19.

The F-4 was precisely what I was picturing but a combo F-4/A-5 would probably make the most sense.

If you take a look at some of the 1/72 kit news, you can at least see 2-3 individual pod designs for them, but the differences are pretty slight.

I'm just stumped that they still don't have anything more than what looks like half-baked DX prototypes to show. Those are nowhere near finished products, judging by the lack of parts that look like they should actually move (looking at the fighter mode).

They look pretty good, but those super skinny forearms don't, esp in that GERWALK shot where the fist looks bigger than the arm. They look more proportional in the artwork.

They look pretty good, but those super skinny forearms don't, esp in that GERWALK shot where the fist looks bigger than the arm. They look more proportional in the artwork.

that's the bandai model-kit gerwalk. Let's hope the DX isn't the same.