so..... $900ish for all of the variants? Not to mention the 262....

I'm guessing about $2000 for all variants of the VF-31 and SV-262. Not including supers/extra parts. Spread out over 2-3 years should be manageable.

And that is also depends on current currency exchange. Let's hope that in the next year or two it still gonna be the same or less. ;)

so..... $900ish for all of the variants? Not to mention the 262....

I'm guessing about $2000 for all variants of the VF-31 and SV-262. Not including supers/extra parts. Spread out over 2-3 years should be manageable.

Hey, hey, hey!

No rational discussions about how much this hobby costs. My usual methodology for justifying large scale or expensive purchases is to bury my head in the sand and pretend that I can afford it.

And that is also depends on current currency exchange. Let's hope that in the next year or two it still gonna be the same or less. ;)

For real.

-b.

Hey, hey, hey!

No rational discussions about how much this hobby costs. My usual methodology for justifying large scale or expensive purchases is to bury my head in the sand and pretend that I can afford it.

Ha, I hear you. Just tabulating how many known variants there are. This may be a run where I don't pokemon the whole lot. First time I tried to do that was with Frontier, and I am still missing a 25G.

Hey, hey, hey!

For real.

-b.

Truth!!!

Ha, I hear you. Just tabulating how many known variants there are. This may be a run where I don't pokemon the whole lot. First time I tried to do that was with Frontier, and I am still missing a 25G.

Yep, makes perfect sense. Hopefully Bandai continues to up their production runs with the 31, it seemed like it was easier initially to get orders from the Frontier VF-25 group, but if you missed a variant then it was a pain to collect afterwards because the prices shot up so quickly.

For me it'll be alternating emotions of "hurry up and come out" because I want more toys vs. "please be delayed" because I'm making sure I can make it work within my budget.

-b.

I'd like SOME color on a -31A, myself. Not PURE grey. But I know plenty of people do want totally low-vis with no color at all.

Maybe release a squadron commander's variant with just a bit of color, to go with the purely low-via ones.

A CAG style scheme with some VF-33 Starfighters flashes?

I agree a couple of splashes of yellow would look pretty good on there. It worked for Ozma after all!

Hey guys, in the speakerpodcast Renato pointed out that the paint scheme for the 31A there is the official paint scheme. So for those of you who like the real-world style schemes it sounds like the 31A has just that. Pretty much guarantees I will wind up with three of them.

The "Macross Modellers" sub-branding appears at the top right corner of the pic I posted from Wonderfest.

I guess that means the 31A is guaranteed to at least appear as a model from one of the companies doing kits from Delta.

I vote for the 31-A.

I'm just not a big fan of the swept forward wing design. Yet, somehow, I like the YF and VF-19, so maybe it will grow on me once I see it in action.

Wait. You haven't seen the Prologue (0.89) episode? It's full of 31 in action along with their 'waifu' counterpart. ;)

A CAG style scheme with some VF-33 Starfighters flashes?

I agree a couple of splashes of yellow would look pretty good on there. It worked for Ozma after all!

although i doubt it'd happen i'd definitely like to see navy CAG style schemes. there are still so many good ones besides jolly rogers and the wolfpack scheme that hikaru's VF-1J kind of mimics. the aerial demonstration style schemes of delta squad just don't do it for me.

I think it would be fairly easy to collapse the radome so it has at least a rectangular top surface area (like snapping it in half) and have the other parts slide into the rest of the dome so that they don't scrape on the ground while the VF-31E sits on its landing gears. It won't look like a perfect fish finger but I think that has to be expected.

I'm wondering if that is why we haven't seen the VF-31E in toy form yet..........Bandai's toy designers are still scratching their heads trying to figure out how to implement the folding radome......hahah

If it folds up like a taco shell for stowage, I could see it having that profile from the top. We haven't seen a good side view yet, so it's possible (likely, IMHO) the stowed configuration is not a rectangular box with flat underside.

One episode probably doesn't qualify as enough 'growing' for many folks.

Multiply that by a few rewatches and it might!

Just cant wait for the delta premiere!

Me, am looking forward for a new vf31 armored pack!

Me too! Even if they just show the VF-31S armored up...

although i doubt it'd happen i'd definitely like to see navy CAG style schemes. there are still so many good ones besides jolly rogers and the wolfpack scheme that hikaru's VF-1J kind of mimics. the aerial demonstration style schemes of delta squad just don't do it for me.

I agree. The Jolly Rogers colours are cool, but they've been done and re-done to death. A little variety would be nice.

There's definitely a bit of Blue Impulse about the Delta squad designs. I don't dislike them but I'm far more excited by the -31A and its mil-spec camo

hehe one of the reasons the 31S is still my top pick...tho only by a darn slim margin...very nice competition esp frm the 31A.

I'm thinking that the S has the best chance of being shown with armor this early, like ozma's 25 early in frontier

Oh man, the 31A is like a better version of the 30 without the stupid missile pod and an actual military style paint scheme. If they release it it will be an instabuy for me.

I wonder what stopped Bandai from releasing 30's different paint schemes?..man that thing had potential. seems to be the only mold that has a single release.

I wonder what stopped Bandai from releasing 30's different paint schemes?..man that thing had potential. seems to be the only mold that has a single release.

I really wanted the other colours too. Nothing is stopping them from doing the other colours, perhaps a web exclusive to fill in the gap before they drop the 31s?

Dang it! I might have to adjust my vote and place the 31A in the top spot! I do like the forward swept wing design on the other types but my ultimate preference is the more conventional wing type.

So yeah David please make the correction to my vote. 31A gets the top spot! ^_^

• added VF-31A
  • updated delta valks w/ designated letters.

if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu*** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. Spanner76
  9. valhary
  10. Dio

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu*** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. raptormesh
  10. akteon
  11. NZEOD
  12. RocketGTR
  13. McFly!!
  14. M'Kyuun

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu*** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu*** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

*** speculated based on interactions

updated changes of favorite valk B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

I vote for the 31-A.

I'm just not a big fan of the swept forward wing design. Yet, somehow, I like the YF and VF-19, so maybe it will grow on me once I see it in action.

Dang it! I might have to adjust my vote and place the 31A in the top spot! I do like the forward swept wing design on the other types but my ultimate preference is the more conventional wing type.

So yeah David please make the correction to my vote. 31A gets the top spot! ^_^

updated the list a page back! will bump the list when we hit a new page:

wow, 31F is losing numbers :unsure: and 31A list is growing :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Damn its way to hard to chose my favorite but when it comes down to which ones I'll get in toy form it'll have to be both the 31J and and 31C.

I really like the color scheme on the 31S but I never really liked the giant emblem on the back. While it no doubt looks great and makes sense in B mode I feel kinda mars the clean and elegant look of Fighter mode.

The 31A looks great with its "standard" low-vis paint and double delta wings but I really love the whole aerial acrobatics look of the 31J and 31C and its a huge plus that its a homage to the old red vs blue of Max and Millia so yeah put me down for either one of those two.

On a different note has anyone figured out or has a general Idea of where the 31's rear landing gear are located? I've looked at pretty much all the photos of the 31's underside on the net but cant for the life of me figure out where they can pop down from.

I thought at first after looking at the 31A they came down from under the wings but thats where a hardpoint is and is also where its arms go. Maybe they are in its legs and their doors are just very seamless, but looking at some photos there hardly looks like any space for them between the 31's internal missile bays.

Edited by ManhattanProject972