I hope we get different designations. It makes it easier to distinguish the models and it feels more grounded in reality. Although, with that many variants in so short time since the protype YF-30, I wonder if most if not all of the Delta squadron valks aren't custom jobs.

I think they all are. It's too intrinsic to the show, and all the recent valks have been. (-25, -27, etc).

Even "single seat" large fighters usually have it as part of the design. A two-seat F-15's cockpit and canopy is no longer than a single seater's. Just arranged differently (and with less gun ammo) to make room for the second seat.

Goes back to the YF-19, if not earlier. Just yank out the "plug" and put in Yang.

I wonder if there will be different letter designations assigned for the various models, e.g. "A, D. S, E, F, J" etc., to signify different head types.

I'd say having different head units would almost guarantee that. But we could be proven otherwise. I'd prefer to have different variant designations and it would keep with previous Valkyrie tradition.

I think they all are. It's too intrinsic to the show, and all the recent valks have been. (-25, -27, etc).

Even "single seat" large fighters usually have it as part of the design. A two-seat F-15's cockpit and canopy is no longer than a single seater's. Just arranged differently (and with less gun ammo) to make room for the second seat.

Goes back to the YF-19, if not earlier. Just yank out the "plug" and put in Yang.

Was just looking again at the 03 in the four valk with walkure poster and yea, the 03 looks like the rest of the valks cockpits.

So you r probably right that it would be double seaters.

Its strange that they didnt promote any interchangeable seats as a gimmick (or boomerangs in leg pods or folding wing tips either for that matter).

Maybe too much spoilers.

Guest davidwhangchoi

alright daily post

so far favorite VF-31 :wub:

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Ignacio Ocamica
  8. Shukenzero
  9. Spanner76
  10. valhary

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. Moosey

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

1. Major Focker

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

none

will update daily and bump once we hit a new page

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

My vote doesn't count because I lump four of them into the first place category?

lol unfortunately several posts said "i like them all" were not included

Seems nobody likes the first prototype they've shown? The blue winged ∆05? :ph34r:

There is definitely a trend that favors the VF-31's that have skull art/emblems.

I wonder just how much people's opinions will be swayed if one character or another becomes popular.

-b.

I'm guessing just minimum since most of us here are very vocal on the colors, head designs, etc. somehow. A few mentioned about depending on the characters. ;)

Imagine if the whining, emo, or cheesy pilot ends up using the ∆02 or ∆01, would they still buy it? :rolleyes:

Seems nobody likes the first prototype they've shown? The blue winged ∆05? :ph34r:

I'm guessing just minimum since most of us here are very vocal on the colors, head designs, etc. somehow. A few mentioned about depending on the characters. ;)

Imagine if the whining, emo, or cheesy pilot ends up using the ∆02 or ∆01, would they still buy it? :rolleyes:

Well, I "like" Delta 5, but not enough to vote it higher than the VF-31's we saw in the preview special. I mean, basically the 05 is the kid-hero Valkyrie of the show, cool-ish, but nothing too special...yet.

Hopefully 02 doesn't end up as a crap-character, but if so I'll just pretend someone else is flying it as I swoosh it around the room. :p

once again I think the "S" type would be my favorite
until now seems to be the most interesting the forehead because it reminds me the vajra queen
I wonder if the 31 development added it something of the vajra organism

Interesting catch, would be interesting to find out more about the 31's development.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi
once again I think the "S" type would be my favorite
until now seems to be the most interesting the forehead because it reminds me the vajra queen
I wonder if the 31 development added it something of the vajra organism

i'm putting your favorite as delta 01 on the list

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hopefully 02 doesn't end up as a crap-character, but if so I'll just pretend someone else is flying it as I swoosh it around the room. :p

-b.

My points exactly. :rolleyes: I guess, this time around we won't care that much about the 'pilots' or the teamed 'Walkure' individuals since we only get Valk in figure form and not the pilots. I mean, it comes with a small pilot figure but that's it. No Figuarts or whatsoever so I'm just good by choosing which head and colors to buy. ;) But I'm still in that stage that I'm still undecided and not sure which one to buy since they're too much colorful for my taste and from my existing Valk collections. ^_^

My points exactly. :rolleyes: I guess, this time around we won't care that much about the 'pilots' or the teamed 'Walkure' individuals since we only get Valk in figure form and not the pilots. I mean, it comes with a small pilot figure but that's it. No Figuarts or whatsoever so I'm just good by choosing which head and colors to buy. ;) But I'm still in that stage that I'm still undecided and not sure which one to buy since they're too much colorful for my taste and from my existing Valk collections. ^_^

Honestly that's how I've always approached any of the toys I've bought, regardless of series or property. Imagination is key - it's nice if you "like" the character but it's not necessarily a requirement if you like another aspect of the toy or figure. So not really a "this" time for me, it's just par for the course. ;) :D

For example, I've got a few Metal Build Gundam figures, and I've never watched a Gundam series in my life, I just like the mecha.

-b.

For me, I'll get Delta 02 because I like the 31's design and 02's paint the best. So if I only get one, that's why. Don't much care about the pilot.

If I get a SECOND one, that's where liking the character will come into play. Why look at a toy that'll only remind you of someone annoying?

Honestly that's how I've always approached any of the toys I've bought, regardless of series or property. Imagination is key - it's nice if you "like" the character but it's not necessarily a requirement if you like another aspect of the toy or figure. So not really a "this" time for me, it's just par for the course. ;) :D

For example, I've got a few Metal Build Gundam figures, and I've never watched a Gundam series in my life, I just like the mecha.

-b.

Ouch. Now here I am looking at Hikaru's Valk. :ph34r: Hahaha! :lol: But to be honest with my collection, I really like Reds in my collections. It's just that red belongs to Hikaru so it's double win for me. Hehehe. Though I didn't get all Char Aznable's Red Mobile Suits since I don't collect villain mechas. And guess, it's why I like Hot Rod/imus too. ;)

For me, I'll get Delta 02 because I like the 31's design and 02's paint the best. So if I only get one, that's why. Don't much care about the pilot.

If I get a SECOND one, that's where liking the character will come into play. Why look at a toy that'll only remind you of someone annoying?

Uhm, Shin's Destiny Gundam came in mind? Hahaha! :lol: The only Shin's Gundam I have is Force Impulse (coz I like that more than his Destiny) from the old HCM-Pro line. And I bought that just to complete the Freedom/Destroy/Impulse fight scene. ;)

Christ, I hope this is the case. :lol:

Hahaha! :lol:

alright daily post

so far favorite VF-31 :wub:

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Ignacio Ocamica
  8. Shukenzero
  9. Spanner76
  10. valhary

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. Moosey

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

1. Major Focker

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

none

will update daily and bump once we hit a new page

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

lol. you guys are funny. lets be real. y'all are gonna order one of each anyway. and those with the $$ will buy three for each mode.

lol. you guys are funny. lets be real. y'all are gonna order one of each anyway. and those with the $$ will buy three for each mode.

Nope. Not me. And if ever I'm going to buy the 31, it's probably just one. Which particular color, not sure yet, since there's no Red, Black, White/Tan motif which I prefer. ;)

Let's wait for Spanner regarding for those who will buy three for each mode. :rolleyes:

*looks at all the VF-19 Kai owners out there* :D

Nope. Not me. And if ever I'm going to buy the 31, it's probably just one. Which particular color, not sure yet, since there's no Red, Black, White/Tan motif which I prefer. ;)

Let's wait for Spanner regarding for those who will buy three for each mode. :rolleyes:

does armored/super/tornado equivalent parts count as other modes too especially now you have different colored valks... :lol::lol:

ie D01 armor parts * 5 on each valk or D05 super parts on * 5 valks .. :p:p:wacko::wacko: just to see how they supe-up the rest :p

or worse...would delta have 5 different parts customised to each valk too?! :huh:

Edited by seti88

I wonder how the ARMORED variant will be introduced in the series. Would it be a add-on or a totally new (recycled) YF to use it? Will this be the part where Armored Messiah gets a CF release?

Probably lookout for the scene when the antagonists have the upper hand, and then the 31 armored comes to save the day!

I've been wondering why the VF-31 doesn't strike my fancy quite the way I'd like, and I think It's the wings...? The setup of that entire rear section looks fugly, with the inward-canted tailfins and the harsh angles from the central fuselage to the wings, and the angles on the wings themselves... I dunno. There's just something off about the whole thing.

The YF-30 had a clear F-22/Su-27 look from the top down, whereas this reminds me most of the X-02 Wyvern from Ace Combat, just a little wider. And I think that extra bit of width is another factor in me not warming up to it, because I like the Wyvern's design just fine (even if its implementation of variable geometry wings is silly and impractical).

Oh well. The VF-25 didn't grow on me until halfway through Frontier, either, so maybe this is just more of that. Or maybe I just wish Kawamori had taken his Shinden II from Ace Combat and made it transform. Blah. Anyway.

I've been wondering why the VF-31 doesn't strike my fancy quite the way I'd like, and I think It's the wings...? The setup of that entire rear section looks fugly, with the inward-canted tailfins and the harsh angles from the central fuselage to the wings, and the angles on the wings themselves... I dunno. There's just something off about the whole thing.

The YF-30 had a clear F-22/Su-27 look from the top down, whereas this reminds me most of the X-02 Wyvern from Ace Combat, just a little wider. And I think that extra bit of width is another factor in me not warming up to it, because I like the Wyvern's design just fine (even if its implementation of variable geometry wings is silly and impractical).

Oh well. The VF-25 didn't grow on me until halfway through Frontier, either, so maybe this is just more of that. Or maybe I just wish Kawamori had taken his Shinden II from Ace Combat and made it transform. Blah. Anyway.

Yea the way tail fins sit more towards the end of the wings, first time i saw it i tot how are those even supported a wing....

not to mention it would give resistance to rolling (that is if it didnt fold into high speed mode) since the surface area is on the outside of the roll circle...

But its a minor point to me, certainly gives a different vibe when in high speed mode. I guess its there to look more like a tie fighter.. ;)B))

does armored/super/tornado equivalent parts count as other modes too especially now you have different colored valks... :lol::lol:

ie D01 armor parts * 5 on each valk or D05 super parts on * 5 valks .. :p:p:wacko::wacko: just to see how they supe-up the rest :p

or worse...would delta have 5 different parts customised to each valk too?! :huh:

That's why Spanner is already checking his orgrans as we speak to sell for this VF-30 Parts Variants. ;)

On that note, I'm hoping Bandai release the YF-30 variants. Loved the design and to me, the 31 to the 30 is as the 21 to the 19, due to the wing shapes.

YF-30 variants? Schemes from the game, correct? Like the 'Skywarp' scheme. ;)

There won't be armoured parts. It's going to be sound booster parts.

Actually the Radome on the yellow delta, it's not a radome. It is actually the Walkure stage. So it's best to assume that there will be no Armored/Super Packs on this series. But instead we will get Sound Booster Packs. Sponsored by Bose. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Still better than the YF-29

Actually the Radome on the yellow delta, it's not a radome. It is actually the Walkure stage. So it's best to assume that there will be no Armored/Super Packs on this series. But instead we will get Sound Booster Packs. Sponsored by Bose. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Well it's a radome that doubles as a stage...