Need yellow one, need yellow one, need yellow one.

(Just hope yellow one isn't piloted by a douchebag!)

I'm just guessing but maybe it's that Chuck Mustang guy (the merman type) that pilots the yellow one.

The proportions look just like the YF-30, which make sense, since it's an evolution of the design.

Honestly I really like the thin profile of the Frontier-era Valkyries and even prefer the thinner profile on Bandai's VF-29 Advance compared to the line-art.

That said, it's the Fighter Mode that draws me to most Valkyries with Battroid being a very close 2nd. The VF-31 is certainly no exception to my preferred aesthetic.

Really want some higher-res scans of that magazine too, or better yet a release date and price. lol

-b.

Wow! That back kibble just gets bigger and bigger it seems - there's no attempt to even folded it all into itself or get it out of the way... love the fighter mode though.

They might be taking a cue from Gundam's book. There it's all backpacks all the time. Fast packs just don't cut it anymore.

EDIT:

I want to like the design, but the paint scheme(s) and the lack of backstory are keeping me off. I'm the type that usually needs a good accompanying story to enjoy a mecha design. That or appealing paint schemes. And this one has neither so far. (Neither did the VF-27, for that matter.) I'm hoping to warm up to it the way I eventually warmed up to the 25.

I'm really digging that black and orange one so far, though. VF-262, was it? Here's hoping to see some battroid pics of it soon.

Edited by kajnrig

My wallet is relieved that I am not hot for this blue paint scheme. Now that gold one on the other hand...

Same here. ;)

They might be taking a cue from Gundam's book. There it's all backpacks all the time. Fast packs just don't cut it anymore.

EDIT:

I want to like the design, but the paint scheme(s) and the lack of backstory are keeping me off. I'm the type that usually needs a good accompanying story to enjoy a mecha design. That or appealing paint schemes. And this one has neither so far. (Neither did the VF-27, for that matter.) I'm hoping to warm up to it the way I eventually warmed up to the 25.

I'm really digging that black and orange one so far, though. VF-262, was it? Here's hoping to see some battroid pics of it soon.

Don't you mean the VF-262 Draken? The blue and gold one?

I just hope they put out a non-canon scheme because I'm really not liking the current options.

Same here again. Want a Hikaru/Isamu/Alto scheme. ;)

I was convinced January would be the month for the Glaug pre-order, but since we have so many photos of the toys and special episode airing soon, I wonder if this one would open earlier. It actually makes a lot more sense to open pre-orders when the actual show starts.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Don't you mean the VF-262 Draken? The blue and gold one?

Is that blue? If so, seems like a very dark blue to me. Must search out more pics...

EDIT: Blue indeed. That diamond/arrowhead motif is neat. Certainly works better than triangles...

Edited by kajnrig

Looks like it has a rotating Gerwalk joint similar to the 19 Advance.

I hope the backpack can fold more flush when the pod is removed, that will help with the appearance.

Since the wing root parts are not super integral to other mechanisms, I wonder if one of our skilled Shapeways artists might be able to rig up some 19-style folding wings that can be swapped in? I'd buy an extra 31 just to work that kitbash.

Looks like Unit 01 with Mikumo riding it is the traditional S type variant, with a purpleish colour scheme.

At the moment, I don't quite dig the non-military colour schemes, so I will just buy the gold Draken, the VF-31S since I like the blonde guy and Mikumo's designs, and maybe also buy the cannon fodder versions,

Edited by calubin_175

Well now...that weapons container certainly isn't what anyone thought it was.

Not the initial version at least.

(yes, we have seen Delta and its all in the podcast :-)

Just finished listening to the podcast. Great job Tochiro and everyone thank you for all the information. I would have not thought that of the weapon/payload container.

Edited by Saburo

Somebody please sum up the podcast, I do not have time or ability to listen to anything for an hour othetwise I eould use that time to see Star Wars.

Ditto, no time for podcasts, plus I dislike listening to them. Rather listen to music. Could somebody sum up in writing what the weapon pod is please.

Ditto, no time for podcasts, plus I dislike listening to them. Rather listen to music. Could somebody sum up in writing what the weapon pod is please.

Weapon pod in the first episode was a power bank to recharge the "boomerang" thingees used by the Walkure idols.

The idols summoned the "boomerangs" in battle and used them as floating platforms and they also had forcefields to protect them. They probably had other functions that I can't remember.

Edited by IXTL

Just passed that part in the podcast---in addition to what's in the post above, they mention it used a kind of ray to do what it does, and that it is swappable. I expect/hope that some packs are more directly combat-oriented.

My guess is that each(or at least some) VF-31's will have a "signature" pod that is usually installed. They can all likely use all of them, but maybe each pilot will have a preferred couple ones to use.

I actually listened to the podcast yesterday, which is something I rarely do.

Time for a little anti-podcast rant (not aimed at the Macrossworld Speakerpod casts, but at podcasts in general). Nothing against the guys who do the Speakerpod casts, they are all fantastic guys, met most of them personally (some multiple times) and they are doing a great job with the podcasts (for those who like podcasts).

Just maybe I'm getting too old and grumpy or I'm just too old school. Whatever, I've just always disliked the idea of giving up my time to listen to podcasts.....haha. I'm a person who would rather just spend a few minutes to read an article to get information, rather than have to spend an hour listening to a bunch of people talking about the subject matter.

And the Transformers intro did nothing to change my mind about why I hate podcasts (Sorry Adrian, I guess that was you :p ). Like I said, I'm a grumpy old man now, as I'm far closer to 50 than I am 40.......urghhhhh. :wacko:

Anyway, the podcast was informative, but with the information that was divulged, I'm now really quite worried about the direction Macross Delta may take. Oh well, I guess Satelite have to pander to the target audience, of which as a middle aged white guy, who is into gritty, real robot, war anime, I'm obviously not.

If it turns out I don't like Macross Delta, then I can save a lot of money, as I won't buy the toys if I don't like the show.

Graham