These sorts of films would probably be a lot better if they didn't have the incessant need to make them all wushu ninja actioners where everyone has the skills of Jason Bourne.

You just gave me a flashback to the latest Three Musketeers movie, I turned it off before it was even halfway through.

These sorts of films would probably be a lot better if they didn't have the incessant need to make them all wushu ninja actioners where everyone has the skills of Jason Bourne.

Have you read the book? Because that's kind of the whole point, and why it's ridiculous.

It's literally Austen's Pride & Prejudice with the zombie and action passages added in.

It was stupid fun, and I'm sure the wife and I will watch this eventually.

My biggest disappointment is that it won't feature the same cast as the last P&P movie.

Have you read the book? Because that's kind of the whole point, and why it's ridiculous.

It's literally Austen's Pride & Prejudice with the zombie and action passages added in.

My biggest disappointment is that it won't feature the same cast as the last P&P movie.

Yea when it comes to MW members opinions on movies, I don't even take them with a grain of salt anymore, I blatantly ignore about 90% of them. MW is unfortunately full of boring old people that complain about remakes and reboots of things they grew up with, and they complain about things they aren't familiar with, many can't help but ask who is this for? Obviously not you if you're asking. I haven't read the novel since college, but like you said, it looks like campy fun, and since I'm familiar with the source material that's a draw too. Doubt I'll see it in theaters, but it does look like it could be some dumb fun, the novel was a short entertaining read, so who knows, I may give it a go on a matinee or something.

I know it's supposed to be ridiculous and action-packed, but the particular style of action shown in the trailer is grossly out of place. I'm not commenting on the subject matter, I'm commenting on the execution. Plus, that music? Frakking shoot me. I guess this is what happens when you go from David O. Russell to Burr Steers.

Edited by Duke Togo

You just gave me a flashback to the latest Three Musketeers movie, I turned it off before it was even halfway through.

You and me both; talk about awful.

Also, if being old and boring means I have gained the ability to filter out garbage like this before subjecting my senses to it, then I am grateful in my old age, and those that aren't as advanced in my years should look forward to the day...

Well, if the goal was to be ridiculous then congrats, it sure is a flying success.

That was their intention, as that is exactly how the source is.

You and me both; talk about awful.

Also, if being old and boring means I have gained the ability to filter out garbage like this before subjecting my senses to it, then I am grateful in my old age, and those that aren't as advanced in my years should look forward to the day...

Lol this is kind of what I mean, I'm not defending the movie, it obviously looks crazy and over the top, my point was that this is exactly how it should look, the novel starts out and seems like a simple retelling of Pride and Prejudice, then the zombies pop up and everything gets cranked to 11. Being older doesn't give you some magical extra sensitive garbage film filter, everyone is guilty of watching over the top brain dead garbage from time to time, not a single person can, with a straight face say, every film they enjoy is widely praised and liked. This film will be no different, some will make it a guilty pleasure film, and yet most will just see it as too over the top and ridiculous. Plenty of people of all ages can discern if something looks too stupid or crazy for them, nobody is forcing anyone to watch this, being able to decide if it's not for you based on a trailer doesn't you make you some wise guru, my point is that obviously not every film is for everyone, and yet films like this will always have their place, and they will always have fans who are excited to see them. Like I said, I doubt I'll ever see it in theaters, but being familiar with the source, it will definitely be a rental or red box, it's not a property I'm head over heels for. I've just gotten tired of reading the same boring comments in every thread for a film that pops up that are exactly the same, (Oh wow, this looks like garbage, this reminds me of X, this looks so terrible who is this for?), there's just so much boring negativity on here it hurts my head. Yes there's a lot of crap coming out, but damn people, god forbid one day you happen to sit down and watch one of the movies you damned based on a 1:30 trailer and you actually end up enjoying it...

Well... as a official 'Old fart', if i annoy others with my opinion, well.... oh well, mate. I never read the book so I guess I am missing out on something. P&P. just listening to the words in my head, sounds like something Spike Lee & Tarnatino should have made...

well after actually LOOKING at the video link, my only question? Will my wife still think Lion's Gate streak of making Good Movies (according to her) will be broken by this movie? or not... hmmm. (yeah, yeah, they made some horror/zombie B's but does Direct-to-Bargain bin equal box office?)

Edited by TehPW

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a Hollywood idea man here! (and quit giving them ideas - though they already did Hansel and Gretel so who knows)

Hansel and Gretel and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter... You just can't make this $h!t up. Oh, wait, Hollywood can... never mind, move along. :p

Based on the book. Hollywood can't make it up, they gotta buy it from someone else.

Yeah, I was going to say this isn't a Hollywood invention. This was originally a book.

I did not realize Matt Smith as in it either.

Edited by Mommar

• 2 weeks later...

"2.75 and 2.9 out of 5 Schmoes"

"You're not gonna remember it in T-minus 1 day (Yep, already forgot it),"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 46% - "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies manages to wring a few fun moments out of its premise, but never delivers the thoroughly kooky mashup its title suggests."

Metacritic Score: 46 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

It's ok, he misused "facetious." ;)

How so? Do enlighten me. :rolleyes:

Facetious: adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally:
a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous:
a facetious person.
Edited by mechaninac

How so? Do enlighten me. :rolleyes:

Facetious: adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally:

a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous:

a facetious person.

What you are going for is sarcasm, but I don't think you hit that either. :p And that's a piss-poor definition of facetious (not your fault; just saying).