17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I know why our recycle bin are open and messed up during at night. :p

By now, I bet you still haven't seen the first movie, right? :rolleyes:

I've watched it. Now I know I shouldn't doubt Disney+Marvel. While Ant-Man wasn't flashy, I really liked the parallel father-daughter relationships. It's not all mindless fun. But I'm still not over my Spider-Man fatigue so sorry Tom, not gonna be watching your movies anytime soon. (I think I also have Iron Man fatigue.)

1 hour ago, hachi said:

I've watched it. Now I know I shouldn't doubt Disney+Marvel. While Ant-Man wasn't flashy, I really liked the parallel father-daughter relationships. It's not all mindless fun. But I'm still not over my Spider-Man fatigue so sorry Tom, not gonna be watching your movies anytime soon. (I think I also have Iron Man fatigue.)

I'm there with the Iron Man fatigue. Never really had an interest in seeing IM3, and am ready for the franchise to move on. I also miss the early, clunky, heavy armor versions of the suits, and am not really a fan of the "Nano-suit" idea used by IM, SM & BP now.

OTOH, Homecoming was a surprisingly welcome version of Spiderman. I enjoyed the first 2 Raimi movies, and thought rebooting it with Garfield so soon afterward was dumb; never saw those movies. Then I was skeptical about rebooting again, but confident that the MCU would do right by it. They took the right approach of deliberately avoiding many of the things we've already seen in previous films. So they skip the origin story and add in (IMHO) a really compelling villain and some genuine humor. It's one of my favorites in the MCU.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:39 AM, sh9000 said:

I wonder if they’ll have a flashback scene with Goliath in costume.

I hope they do since they added Michelle Pfeiffer in the cast playing Janet/Wasp. And I hope she’s just there for flashback reasons and not a dead character brought back from subatomic realm. Just sayin’.

6 hours ago, hachi said:

To be honest, I’m also fatigue now to this all Marvel movie stuff. But yet, I still watch it. Hehehe. ^_^ Guess it’s nice to have a son and share this experience with him. ;) 

23 hours ago, Kelsain said:

I'm there with the Iron Man fatigue. Never really had an interest in seeing IM3, and am ready for the franchise to move on. I also miss the early, clunky, heavy armor versions of the suits, and am not really a fan of the "Nano-suit" idea used by IM, SM & BP now.

OTOH, Homecoming was a surprisingly welcome version of Spiderman. I enjoyed the first 2 Raimi movies, and thought rebooting it with Garfield so soon afterward was dumb; never saw those movies. Then I was skeptical about rebooting again, but confident that the MCU would do right by it. They took the right approach of deliberately avoiding many of the things we've already seen in previous films. So they skip the origin story and add in (IMHO) a really compelling villain and some genuine humor. It's one of my favorites in the MCU.

A point against Garfield was that he starred in this very boring movie based on a Kazuo Ishiguro novel. Every time I see him I am reminded of that very boring movie. Thankfully it was shown for free and I didn't spend a cent on it, just my time. Also I like Tobey Maguire's Spider-man a lot. As a disclaimer, I don't read the comics though.

I also don't like over-use of the nano-suit, it feels like borderline gimmicks. I'll roll my eyes if Cap/BlkWidow/etc also get nano-suits.

Edited by hachi
haha wrong line

• 4 weeks later...
On 4. Mai 2018 at 2:26 PM, hachi said:

A point against Garfield was that he starred in this very boring movie based on a Kazuo Ishiguro novel.

Watch him in the Yorkshire Killer/Red Riding Trilogy. He's actually a really good actor and somewhat wasted in SM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw it yesterday with the wife. We both liked it. I didn't think it had as much humor as the first- the interplay between Scott and his convict buddies, especially Luis, really made up a lot of the enjoyment of the first film and its not nearly as present in the new film. I liked the new villain- her motivation is pretty straightforward and, right or wrong, justifies her actions. Quantum physicists may do some eye-rolling, but I'm sure scientists of such heady disciplines often find major holes and implausible leaps in sci-fi films built around such areas of science and technology that are difficult to fathom. So, yea lots of flashing rays and blinking lights.:lol: The father-daughter parallels were nice. Paul Rudd was a great casting choice- he just comes across as a genuinely good and likeable guy, and by extension, a good dad, and that goes along way towards making him a hero, with or without the suit.

Kudos to the special effects/CG folks who make the impossible possible in these films. As a kid growing up in the 80's in the age of blue-screening, stop-motion, rotoscoping, etc, films today are just magical to behold, and I think we take it for granted sometimes. I very much appreciate how far we've come, and look forward to where we're going.

We were surprised it seems like the movie isn’t doing well and assume part of it has to do with nothing possibly being as good as IW. Was pleasantly surprised. It was enjoyable to my whole family and I don’t remember everything from the first but this one seemed equally good. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, Mommar said:

I’m convinced this movie should have been released before Infinity War.  That after credit scene would have been a huge wtf.  And the snap at the end of Infinity War would have been a double hit for people who saw Ant-Man first.

It would have been, if there had been a way for them to sit on the reason why they turned to dust before IW came out. I could easily imagine a leak happening before the IW premier and people knowing they were going to lose before even sitting down.

11 hours ago, Thom said:

It would have been, if there had been a way for them to sit on the reason why they turned to dust before IW came out. I could easily imagine a leak happening before the IW premier and people knowing they were going to lose before even sitting down.

They would not be able to show the dusting, basically end the scene  with him losing contact with the others.  Then show them dust at the end of IW.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:38 PM, Mommar said:

I’m convinced this movie should have been released before Infinity War.  That after credit scene would have been a huge wtf.  And the snap at the end of Infinity War would have been a double hit for people who saw Ant-Man first.

I like this. 

Finally saw this over the weekend. I thought it was entertaining but pretty mediocre as far as marvel movies go. 

I dislike alternate dimensions/time travel; they seem like a convenient plot device that are seldom used in an interesting way. 

The ghost character/background seemed lame as well. Probably could have dropped that whole storyline and it would have been fine. Same with the arms dealer thing.  Seems they try to jam more and more characters/plot lines with each successive movie. 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:59 AM, kanedaestes said:

Much like a comic book lol

Sort of.  Many of the other Marvel Studios movies did a better job capturing the spirit of a comic book in an entertaining way.

Ant man 2 just didn't hit the right notes in my opinion.