Safe Clear Coat for Hot Toys Iron Man Figure?

GU-11

First off, apologies for posting this here. I had to decide between posting this here or in the 1/6 scale figure thread, and at least the workshop section is more about modeling and painting up stuff.

Anyways, I recently bought a Hot Toys Iron Man MK.III diecast figure, and it seems the paint hasn't had a chance to fully cure. I found light pinkish stains on my gloves after handling the figure, and the chest area of the armor seems to have lost a little bit of it's "showroom sheen." It's not noticeable in normal lighting, but the gloss finish is somewhat less than the other areas under bright lights.

I'm thinking of clear coating with FFP (Future Floor Polish aka Pledge Multi-Surface), but I've no idea how it'll react to the paint. I'm guessing the paint HT uses is much hotter, either enamels or lacquer, so an acrylic based clear coat like FFP should be safe. I'm just not sure if it's worth the risk. Either way, I'm going to let it off-gas for a couple of weeks or maybe a month before doing anything to it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by GU-11

Hey GU... if you're going to post non macross stuff, attach it to a thread that's already started or it'll get moved or locked. Either the workbench thread or one of the tips thread.

As for the toy, you'll have to test a small section before covering the whole thing. I suggest testing Duplicolor's Acrylic enamel clear coat. They have matte and gloss and they are sold in most auto parts store.