Takashi Miike to Adapt ‘Blade of the Immortal’

EXO

Japanese director Takashi Miike, known for such films as “Audition” and “Ichi the Killer,” is set to adapt Hiroaki Samura’s long-running manga “Blade of the Immortal.”

Published from 1993 to 2012, the supernatural manga follows the cursed samurai Manji, who must kill 1,000 evil men in order to regain his mortality. The story was adapted in 2008 as television anime series.

Popular Japanese singer and actor Takuya Kimura, nicknamed Kimutaku, will star as Manji in the live-action film, set for release in 2017. A member of the Japanese idol group SMAP, the 42-year-old Kimura appeared in 2010’s “Space Battleship Yamato,” and voiced Howl in “Howl’s Moving Castle.”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/05/takashi-miike-to-adapt-blade-of-the-immortal/

post-151-0-76736300-1444094394.jpg

I don't see it... <_<^_^

I've collected most of the film and TV work Miike has done over the years, it a pretty excentric mix of ultra-violence, bad sci fi, weird-o-vision and fantasy stuff. I love most of his deranged, crazy work, while he usually goes a little overboard, he is experienced and knows how to shoot film, perhaps this will be his magnum opus :)