Hey guys, i need some tips on how to clean chogokin figures effectively.

Most important part in my collection are soul of chogokin, Super Robot Chogokin and saint seiya myth Cloth Ex figures, which obviously have metal parts on them.

I have a few on display, this one collect dust that can be removed with a cloth, but on the chogokin figures (specially mazingers) i removed around 80% of dust, but some cant be removed that easily, or is in

place hard to reach, like in the pic ill post.

any tips and suggestions on this?

Looks nice and clean right?

post-30636-0-07008900-1444071850_thumb.jpg

wrong

this stays like this on close inspection

post-30636-0-61594600-1444071859_thumb.jpg

On the hard to reach places, like in between joints/canals, you can just use those Compressed Air Spray Can Dusters.

good suggestion, i think i have a spare can around, gonna try it and see how it works.

Anyways, here's some tips I've found via Google and Youtube. Hope that helps. ;)

Diecast replicas can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. When caring for die-cast collectibles with cleaning products, strong solvents or alcohol based cleaning products should be avoided as these can dissolve paint and cause colors to fade.

http://www.catalogs.com/info/hobbies/caring-for-diecast-collectibles.html

I use this for dusting off my stuff:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM74078

nice! gonna order it as soon as i can

Anyways, here's some tips I've found via Google and Youtube. Hope that helps. ;)

http://www.catalogs.com/info/hobbies/caring-for-diecast-collectibles.html

Gonna try the warm soapy water soon enough. thx for the vids!

I don't suggest on using ANY cleaning solutions for that matter. It's harmful on the diecast materials. Just my 2 cents. Better use air spray cans and microfiber cloths.

Yup this is what I use for all my myth cloths, still when I return to Mexico I will try what Ignacio said.

I forgot to mention this before. If ever you have lots of diecast collections, better use those fabric gloves when handling them. You don't want to transfer your hand produced 'oils' to the diecast metals. Better be safe to make them last longer. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Ah yep that is also a must, my myth cloth collection is in the range of th 35 to 40 figures so as you said those kind of gloves are must. Aside from that I also use some little brushes to dust off the part where my air compressor cant.

I am inherently lazy, that's why I sealed my Detolf cases to keep dust out. Before that I mainly used a soft bristle vacuum attachment. You know the brush that you put on the vacuum. I did learn the hard way that taking a piece of screen door material and placing it over the hose before putting on the brush attachment was a literal parts saver.. Things invariably can get sucked off the toy.

For light cleaning I always use a paint brush.

I forgot to mention this before. If ever you have lots of diecast collections, better use those fabric gloves when handling them. You don't want to transfer your hand produced 'oils' to the diecast metals. Better be safe to make them last longer. ;)

yup i learned that the hard way. i have gloves i bought couple months ago.

thx a lot for your replies, i just tried the alcohol free baby wipes and they work real good. figures are shiny and almost dustless, i think a combination of soapy water and the wipes after it should be the perfect way to clean them. here a pic of my SOCs

post-30636-0-92644500-1444543971_thumb.jpg

yup i learned that the hard way. i have gloves i bought couple months ago.

thx a lot for your replies, i just tried the alcohol free baby wipes and they work real good. figures are shiny and almost dustless, i think a combination of soapy water and the wipes after it should be the perfect way to clean them. here a pic of my SOCs

Glad it worked!!! I use the baby wipes to remove dust/dirt that sticks to the figures.

I use mild dish saop and warm water. Let them soak about five minutes, scrub them with a VERY VERY SOFT BRUSH, and rinse. Then let then air dry, sometimes using a hairdryer on cold. Never any problems. I handle my stuff frequently and have bever used gloves. Again never had any problems, although I do always wash my hands well beforehand, especially if I just ate or was working on models or hand drawn art.

I use mild dish saop and warm water. Let them soak about five minutes, scrub them with a VERY VERY SOFT BRUSH, and rinse. Then let then air dry, sometimes using a hairdryer on cold. Never any problems. I handle my stuff frequently and have bever used gloves. Again never had any problems, although I do always wash my hands well beforehand, especially if I just ate or was working on models or hand drawn art.

seem like a good suggestion, gonna try it out during they week when i clean my SRC's

Glad it worked!!! I use the baby wipes to remove dust/dirt that sticks to the figures.

yeah thx a lot for your tips!

i have gloves to handle them, just alway forgot to use them lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

if you need dust cleaning, I suggest use airbrush. Water might have a long term effect on the die cast (corrosion/rust). For the yellowing of white plastic, lemon or soapy water wont do anything to brighten it up. There are DIY solution in the net that you can use to reverse the effect of yellowing ABS plastic.

Has anyone run into this issue. One of my Eva Chogokins has white spots all over the soft plastic hands and head upon recently removing it from it's box. I have all six of the Bandai Evas, all legit originals from BBTS, all stored together in their original boxes (with silica packs inserted), all six stored together in the same storage box in climate controlled environment. When I first removed the figure I immediately thought it was mold. Where you do not see white spots is where my fingers made contact. The head was completely coated with spots before I began to wipe them off. This was the first of the six I opened and no others had this issue. Also there is no "mold" growth inside of the plastic bag in which it was originally wrapped inside the box. Anyone know what this is? Attached a picture of one of the (clean) others for comparison.

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00663.JPG

DSC00661.JPG