1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

You can try apply some Future/Pledge polish on the loose joints of your valk.

It might help.

It helped a bit on mine, but I still don't trust it in neutral-standing on its own.

Care to share how did you apply the polish on your VF-4G? Thanks.

Yeah i think I'll give that a go. I have adjusted its pose so hopefully it won't topple over but those joints i simply dont trust..

And what about the ankle joints?

You can hope that enough coating can give the ankle joints some sort of friction to stop it from turning easily. On mine, I angled the feet diagonally so that it butts against the leg edges to stop the feet/ankle from turning and giving way.

It kinda works on mine, but I gave up and just put it in its pretty fighter-mode.

You might as well just put it on a yeti-stand or something if you still insist on wanting it in battroid-mode.

You can hope that enough coating can give the ankle joints some sort of friction to stop it from turning easily. On mine, I angled the feet diagonally so that it butts against the leg edges to stop the feet/ankle from turning and giving way.

It kinda works on mine, but I gave up and just put it in its pretty fighter-mode.

You might as well just put it on a yeti-stand or something if you still insist on wanting it in battroid-mode.

Hehe! I did the similar thing with the feet as you did! I really wanna keep it in battroid but my display shelf height isnt so ideal for a yeti stand sadly.. which is one of the reasons why i haven't picked up any. Anyways i think the hip joints are the primary offender and the ankles aren't too bad. I'm gonna give coating those hip joints a go over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

My copy is fairly tight in the ankles, is this a broad problem for the Arcadia release? My Yamato does seem a tad tighter...

Most of the guys here who got the Arcadia one have loose ankle. Not sure with my copy yet since it's still with HLJ PW.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the guys here who got the Arcadia one have loose ankle. Not sure with my copy yet since it's still with HLJ PW.

Got mine. And same thing I said on the purchase thread, mine came with a little bit of loose knee joint and ankle joints. And it needs of using a stand support. But the rest is tight, esp the shoulder/elbow joints compared to the Yamato releases.

Have you tried tightening the screws on the VF-4?

Finally, everything is tight after I tightened all the joints. ;)

Except... I got this after just one full screw rotation.

post-5552-0-84053800-1469519850_thumb.jpg

Got mine. And same thing I said on the purchase thread, mine came with a little bit of loose knee joint and ankle joints. And it needs of using a stand support. But the rest is tight, esp the shoulder/elbow joints compared to the Yamato releases.

attachicon.gifIMG_5498.jpg

ahhh! crap! no!!! bugger.. :o:wacko::unsure:

attachicon.gifIMG_5498.jpg

Ouch! Sorry 'bout that. I tightened mine, but not that part, and not a full rotation. :huh:

IMG_5498.jpg

Damn i would cry if something like that happens to my valks.

• 2 weeks later...

That underside shot of the VF-4 is beautiful...

heheh...right at your heartstrings! :wub::wub:

Man if anyone tries to light up their arcadia 4G, we would all cheer you on! Tho i thk the better chance would be at the kit level..either way..whoah..

Edited by seti88

my cousin was over on the weekend and was checking out my Macross stuffs.. he saw the Arcadia VF-4 in its battroid action pose and said.. "why does that one look like its half transformed?" :huh:

and I was like.. "hehe yeah... that's just how the VF-4 looks in battroid.. not the prettiest tool in the shed in that mode.." :p:lol::rolleyes::mellow:

I finally broke down and applied the decal stickers to my Yamato VF-4.

Not Flashback exactly, but better than nothing.

Any advice how to keep them from curling off? I never put stickers.

post-18429-0-50714800-1470651991_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I've never had any of the Yamato or Arcadia stickers peel off. Though I would recommend (if you ever do this again) getting proficient in using an x-acto knife to trim the clear edges off. The decals look so much better trimmed properly.