1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

I have been back and forth about getting this, but now, with the Arcadia version coming to join his Yamato brother, I sort of feel like I need to get this just to switch things up a little.

By the way, have any shapeways artists made replacement missiles for the Yamato version that can fit a little tighter? I lost one of the arm mounted ones last time I moved. Bummer.

By the way, have any shapeways artists made replacement missiles for the Yamato version that can fit a little tighter? I lost one of the arm mounted ones last time I moved. Bummer.

I don't know of any direct replacements being made, but I did experiment a little with ways to make them stay on, without gluing them in permanently. In the end, I think I put a small strip of scotch tape around each of the missile tabs, and with that added thickness they're pretty solid.

You might be able to do the same thing with a strip of paper, if having the tape's glue on the missiles is a concern.

I think my actual biggest irritation with this design is that they designed the cockpit too long, and with the seat so far back, the pilot just flops around, and can't reach the instrument panel.

Definitely one of Kawamori's best fighter designs.

That's a sweet diorama setup, Gundam@EFSF. That floor lighting is a nice detail. If I might make a suggestion, open the feet up a little in fighter; they're the main engine augmenters controlling the thrust.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Beautiful. It's beyond me how some folks don't like the look of the VF-4's battroid; it's one of my favorites, even over the VF-1. (Ducks for cover)

I think a lot of it can be attributed to how impractical it looks from a functionality point of view. The bulky construction, and the arrangement of the arms limits them pretty severely, when compared with most other Macross mecha. The arms are still perfectly functional for most things one could assume a battroid would need to do though, and the bulky look is intimidating.

Really though, compared with mecha from many other universes, this thing still is impressive in its flexibility, and you have to consider that this one wasn't meant to go hand-to-hand, so as long as you can aim the arm guns where you need to, it's going to accomplish what it sets out to do. :)

On the fighter-mode end of things though, this thing is just beautiful, and incredible. The fact that you can get an aircraft that slick to turn into a completely functional mech is like a slap in the face for nearly every single "airplane with a box underneath" transformer design. :lol:

I still would love to see a transforming SR-71 design based on this transformation. You might actually get something that even looks airworthy.

Edited by Chronocidal

*snip*

On the fighter-mode end of things though, this thing is just beautiful, and incredible. The fact that you can get an aircraft that slick to turn into a completely functional mech is like a slap in the face for nearly every single "airplane with a box underneath" transformer design. :lol:

*snip*

Quoted for the truest thing I've read all day (even while I'm reading and writing emails and updates for work :ph34r:).

-b.

HAHAHAHAHA! Funny because it's soooooo true. That is comedy gold :D:lol::wub: