1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

only problem with that being by now those who are in the market for a VF-4G would most likely be aware of the re-issue and hold off buying till they actually release. I guess there will always be some folks who aren't aware of which you could get lucky with!

The folks that come to forums and track releases are the minority. Lots of people don't even read these forums or follow facebook groups.

I would bet he could set it at a $500ish mark and sell it fast before it's major common knowledge. Who knows.

I even like battroid mode though I couldn't tell you why.

Super positive note, this might mean full VF-X license for Arcadia (might not). So that means some potential other toys though Arcadia has stated they're sticking to mainstream heroes so... maybe not.

Because the VF-4's Battroid is a bad-ass brute.

Also, if only sticking to mainstream heroes... who's the guy flying this grey on grey VF-4 again? It seems like in order to maximize profits they'd want to reuse molds at some point. Though other than the VF-1 and now the VF-0 they've been careful to only release one of each kind of mold. But at this point they either have to start doing brand new, and highly obscure molds, or start doing repaints of already established molds. Of the two, repaints are the cheaper route.

Guest davidwhangchoi

How many are you gonna get DWC?

I have 2x of yamato's.

Im thinking of ordering one more... I was thinking 2x of arcadia's but if a flashback version hits i'll rather get more than one of that.

In terms of tampo, This guy will most likely be identical to the yamato release. Based on the gbp armor reprint, the tampo was exactly the same as the Second yamato release gpr armor without the tampo 1 on the chest, 101 shoulder, kneecap

The only tampo from any reissue was missing was the little triangles by the cockpit on the roy and hikaru 1s,

Everything including un spacy on the legs were intact.

And since its grey, i wont have to worry about any pink shade under light

Yes, that's why I'm into a show about giant space aliens and jets that transform into robots: the realism! :p

I'd also like to add that "boring" and "low-vis" are not the same thing, as I've seen some great low-vis schemes. I also don't consider the VF-4G to be "low-vis" because, come on, look at that thing. It's barely one step removed from being white. :p

Edited by Lolicon

so i'll probably get one of these if the price isn't too outrageous. dollar to yen remains strong so perhaps it will work out for me. if not...not biggie....there is no nostalgic connection for me and this design. its just a cool fighter. not even sure i'd transform it ever if i got it. the battroid isn't too much of a reward. haha

This is actually a mod to make it look like the FB2012 version however they've posed the Gerwalk correct. The shape of the plane still makes it look goofy but at least this person didn't do it wrong and actually used the reverse knee joint, like all Gerwalks do.

P1320056.JPG

Something to keep in mind, if you remove the wings you're pretty much looking at a Glaug with a longer snout.

Edited by Mommar

Well, I think the after market price for the Yamato VF-4 will definitely drops after this announcement.

The FB2012 version might still come after this version is release. I mean why push out that version first when you can still milk the old version. The people at Arcadia know the VF-4 is a highly sought after item for collectors. So, from a business stand point that makes a lot of sense.

The question for those who doesn't own a VF-4 is, do you get this version now or do you wait for the FB2012 version (assuming Arcadia have no trouble getting the license for it in the first place).

However, this is still great news for Macross fan everywhere. I'll be keeping an eye out for this re-issue as more news (price) about it come out.

Actually, it's going to be dejavu all over again if we waited for a FB2012 announcement. I mean, it didn't happen the first time around when it's still under the Yamato banner so why wait still? The safe route to do for people who still doesn't have this is get this one for now and if they release a FB2012 version, get those as well and sell the VF-X version one later. Or better yet, if you want two versions, and the VF-X ver already grew on you, then you hit the jackpot by getting two in MSRP. By now, from what we've learned from the past few years regarding 4G, it's really hard to assume that Arcadia will have no trouble on getting that FB2012 license. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Yeah that one needs an aggressive tilt for sure.

I think the VF-11 is one of the best looking valks ever.

I like simple patterns.. looks more realistic imo

In MacrossJunkies pics that nose is only slightly angled down. The legs are bent so that crouch is really deep.

The guy flying this VF-4G is You.

My point is that he's not exactly a featured "Character" like Hikaru or Isamu.

Who's the next one to buy multiples of this reissue? And make the box as the runway once again? ;)

^^^great piece of art...too bad the missile is easy to fall of..and the front wheel isnt locked

524860_4540355980608_1439852661_n.jpg

*snip*

the sexiest vf on the planet