1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Is 27000 the sale price? Also how long will this last? I'd love to have a VF-4 (though mostly for the Fighter so maybe I should just consider a model).

So I have to decide, quickly I bet, if I really want this before it is gone in general.

Go get it sir! Remember that if you will just get the model kit, then it's not in-scale with the rest of your 1/60 Valk collections. And besides, the previous sale price that HLJ had, it's worth it just for the Fighter mode. Just saying. ;)

I like all three modes, personally.

Ditto. ^_^ And I have everything in Battroid mode because of space problem. :rolleyes:

I think HLJ underestimated the desire from collectors to "get it cheap"....thus they pulled the plug on the sale and why it has not "sold out" from previous sales.....collectors want it...but not that badly anymore.....the VF-4G is just not "hot" anymore....it's lost it's luster.....Arcadia destroyed it's "holy grail" street cred by re-releasing it and now there is no rush to get it.....

I'm honestly surprised it's still in stock considering the aftermarket prices of the original Yamato release. It should've been an instant sell out.

Well ita kinda obscure for the average person, even between macross fans. Also they probably made a lot of them.

Arcadia was stupid releasing the exact same toy. Why not changing the color a little bit?

Well, it's not quite the same exact toy, tho.

The old Yammie seems to be quite solid, but this Arcadia version has QC-issues...

Edited by treatment

The old Yammie seems to be quite solid, but this Arcadia version has QC-issues...

And now I am hesitant...

I can't seem to remember any differences mentioned here from the Yamato released and the Arcadia release. People who bought the Arcadia release also mentioned the same thing. Loose missile tabs. One loose ankle. Loose elbow joints. And some of the red cover part near the feet tail fin came loose. And the pilot figure still shakes inside the cockpit. And to be honest, both my Yamato ones have the same thing right out of the box.

But then again, I will revise this once I get my hands on my Arcadia one once I shipped it from HLJ's PW.

And now I am hesitant...

Don't be. This is not as same as Evolution Toy's VF-2SS. And with the last HLJ sale price, I wouldn't care if ever there was a QC problem. ;)

Guess I just need to decide if I should wait for another sale price or just go ahead and but it at the current regular price.

Guess I just need to decide if I should wait for another sale price or just go ahead and but it at the current regular price.

you can also wait for a member to post it on the sale forum too. Many they don't need the 4th one or 3rd one. :p:lol:

I cant seem to find the actual thread for it but seeing its a VF-4G related item I may as well post it in here..

I pre ordered the VF-4G Master File through HLJ. Apparently for a July release but going by past experience this estimated date might change.. but i certainly hope not! ;)

Noticed this on Mr. K's Twitter feed.

I'm a customer for its 16 (much). ※ Old numbering, fate is flipped due to individual differences, and (tears. Anatomy, in order to verify the repair where ever possible and try to repair it. The NHA because the way this photo is the substitute of the guests is not.

ClIf6YmVEAAoT28.jpg

I don't mind that I took too long to decide really. I was in the fence as it was. If I had caught it during the sale price then I definitely would have gone for it.

regarding the price going to sale price to full and back and forth, HLJ customer service told me that's simply due to the limited inventory they set aside for the sale price, regardless of total inventory available for sale

Hmmm. Probably it's the inventory with defects and problem? Meaning the ones that has been returned? :ph34r:

Either way, I'm still satisfied on getting it discounted. If ever it has problems, I can still email HLJ and let them know. But in reality, even IF it has the same problems like the Yamato versions, I'm still all for it. ^_^

you can also wait for a member to post it on the sale forum too. Many they don't need the 4th one or 3rd one. :p:lol:

Should anyone be feeling buyers remorse on buying an additional vf-4g, let me ease your mental anguish by buying one from you :p (anticipates the sounds of crickets chirping)

Holy Grail? For me personally, no. The holy grail i have always thought to be are the Yamato Max & Milia VF-1J pair. Yes my original Yamato VF-4G wasn't exactly cheap to buy, but my M&M's cost me an absolute fortune and took me a fair chunk more time to find! And are still much harder to find than a Yamato VF-4G and especially the Arcadia examples seeing how cheap i got mine. Even though rarity & high cost shouldn't necessarily give just anything "grail" status, look at the VF-11C for example, relatively hard to come by and can be pricey for what they are but, the M&M's do indeed have that special rarity about them thus make them extremely expensive and "grail" worthy! ;)

Edited by spanner

Is the VF-4G still considered a Holy Grail item? It's already become a shelf warmer and subject to discounted prices.

It was back then until Arcadia re-released it. I think it will also be the same thing if Arcadia re-release all of the 'Holy Grail' status collectibles -- VF-1J M&M, SDF-1, and probably VF-11C included.

Edited by no3ljm

I guess I'm confused by what people define as holy grail. For me, holy grail items are items that I never expect to see released rather than items I missed or that I couldn't afford when they were available. And since the VF-4G and the DYRL SDF-1 have been released, with the 1/60-scale VF-4G has getting two releases from two companies, I don't count either as holy grail items.

My holy grail items include things like a 1/3000 scale TV SDF-1, 1/3000 Battle 7, 1/60 VF-17T, or 1/60 VF-11MAXL. The Macross 7 stuff is niche and enigmatic, even among Macross fans, so I doubt I'll ever see those items hit the market. The TV SDF-1, with the MegaHouse version testing the waters today could go from holy grail status to reality, but time will tell.

Edited by technoblue