1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

No there was no guide on how to place the decals in the instruction manual. I just used my imagination, and looked at the photo on the box, as well getting some inspiration from a custom VF-4G on this thread.

sorry i misread you post, i was talking about the decal sheet, not the instructions, i dont see instructions either.

Anyone have an idea as to how the new VF-4G is selling? Prior to its reissue I think the old Yamato version was one of the most expensive 1/60 valks, though I don't know if that was because the VF-4 is wildly popular or because very few were produced before Yamato imploded.

Whatever the reason, I was pretty sure I'd never own one of these. Kudos to Arcadia for really coming through on this. However, I am curious: is there a reason the old version still commands a premium?

Anyone have an idea as to how the new VF-4G is selling? Prior to its reissue I think the old Yamato version was one of the most expensive 1/60 valks, though I don't know if that was because the VF-4 is wildly popular or because very few were produced before Yamato imploded.

Whatever the reason, I was pretty sure I'd never own one of these. Kudos to Arcadia for really coming through on this. However, I am curious: is there a reason the old version still commands a premium?

From what I remember it was kind of like made-to-order since it was a Web Store exclusive back then. So yeah, they produced a few compared to the other shelf warmer Valks that they have. From what I gather so far about the Yamato Valk release is that its done pretty well. It's unique and one of a kind. And when Yamato closed down the supply and demand action kicks in afterwards. So I guess, the premium price is still in effect it's because it was made by the now defunct Yamato company. But if you're going to ask me, play smart and be money-wise on this one and get the reissue since it's still made by the same group of people who produced the old one. ;)

Actually, it's the price I paid for getting the extra one from Yamato prior of the reissue announcement. With the money I spent with those two Yamato's, I should probably own 3 Arcadia VF-4G by now. But in the end, I'm really glad that I own the Yamato version since they have a cool looking box than Arcadia's. Screw those window boxes. :lol:

Already got this toy in Mandarake. I am planning to customize it one way or another. It can be as little as panel line + hasegawa/printed markings (like No step) or can be a repaint (depending on how much it can be safely dis-assembled or masked)

For those that has been playing with these toy, can you share what parts that can be safely painted (without rubbing) or any suggestions?

edit:

is Talos56 a member here? A google search in resulted the following entry at deviant art. He has an album with all these schemes

http://talos56.deviantart.com/gallery/7626781/VF-4-Lightning-III

is the nose cone painted? or molded in that color?

Edited by chyll2

I was thinking more along the line of transfers...

@ZorClone, I'm just going for a trial run with panel lines and light weathering.

I intend (at some stage) to go FB2012 (although I can't bring myself to make the feet brown!)

I'm not planning to seal it just yet. Maybe later down the line.

I'm using paintbrush, cotton buds and tissue (like the guy in the Florey models YouTube vid)

This is where I'm up to now.

post-17939-0-82130600-1459377595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Moosey

Guest davidwhangchoi

About 4 and a half hours.

Been sat here staring at it over a glass of (Japanese) whiskey for the last half an hour making slight touch ups here and there. ☺️

are you going to paint your feet brown?

are you going to paint your feet brown?

After careful consideration David, no I'm not intending to do that.

A tan radome and turning the blue accents to gunmetal or silver is my limit.

I don't think I want to use stickers so I'll have hunt down some decals.

I'll be happy with it like this for a while given that the wash has added dome much needed detail to, what from a distance was a big slab of grey in my display case (albeit a very sexy slab of grey!)

I finally got a chance to inspect my copy of Arcadias VF-4G today after I received it earlier this week. Besides a few scuffs in the right shoulder block no major issues in the paint and surface department. So this would be my fifth Arcadia Valkyrie without issues out of the box (VF-1S Focker, YF-19, VF-1J GBP, VF-0S and the VF-4g) vs. the three that had issues (VF-1S Hikaru (missing tail-fin light), VF-0D (intake warnings misaligned, one thruster was not attached) and VF-0A (scuffs and paint scratches out of the box)). I don't know if their quality control is increased over the old Yamato toys. ^_^

Some issues remain with the VF-4G though. The angle joints are loose (It can still hold a standing still pose), the knees are loose as well as the shoulder joints (in some angles they offer no friction at all).

It is a nice toy and took the place of my SoC Gunbuster on my desk so I can look at it some more. The transformation is great and I adore the engineering Mr. K put into this Valkyrie. I still don't understand why they didn't include the beefier, articulated manipulators in the base Valkyrie but oh well. The limited arm posability is there but probably an issue of the design.

One quick question. Are the small doors on the rear landing gears supposed to slide up? I can't seem to get them to fold out and I'm also unable to slide them up and then fold them out. Some advice on that would be appreciated.

Just got this a few days ago in Kong Kong. Pretty cool but i thought they were going to fix the missile tolerances. They fall out so easily. The hinged plates under the plane and the small red pieces at the end of the plane also tend to fall out... nice toy but wish there wasnt so many pieces that could fall out lol.

Just got this a few days ago in Kong Kong. Pretty cool but i thought they were going to fix the missile tolerances. They fall out so easily. The hinged plates under the plane and the small red pieces at the end of the plane also tend to fall out... nice toy but wish there wasnt so many pieces that could fall out lol.

I gave up on my Yamato missiles staying on and just superglued them all on! Not like I was ever gonna remove them anyway. Makes handling the thing actually fun.

I gave up on my Yamato missiles staying on and just superglued them all on! Not like I was ever gonna remove them anyway. Makes handling the thing actually fun.

My Yamato releases were never bad enough that I wanted to glue them, but I do agree that missiles falling out could be annoying.

I thought I read that the Arcadia version addressed that, too bad that it appears they didn't, or did not consistently.

-b.