1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

With you there moosey. Mine sat from 25th to today befroe parcel farce decided to charge me for the privilage of uahing my toy.

I still haven't even had the letter with the import charges! A-holes

Has anyone done or is thinking of repainting their's into the blue variant that was shown in Hikaru's room from DYRL, instead of the usual FB-2012 colors?

<adds lots of popcorn to the grocery list for the right-shade-of-blue-arguments that are sure to come>

I still haven't had the letter. I NEVER got the letter for my last valkyrie. I lost faith that it would ever arrive and went to their office. They took my money and gave me a shiny box of toys in exchange.

My next valkyries are coming from france so no import charges :-)

I put my Yamato 4G next to my Arcadia 4G today, and...there isn't much to say! ;) I think Arcadia did a good job getting a 1:1 look this time. The fit and feel, I guess, is luck of the draw as with the Yamato version. So far, I am happy with my Arcadia copy. The missiles are not as loose as they are on my Yamato copy, which required some after-purchase TLC. I'm not sure how the Arcadia version stands up to the Yamato version in Battroid and Gerwalk mode, though, since I have yet to transform it. For this cell phone shoot, I compared my two 4Gs in fighter mode, along with the pilot figures.

Here are the pilot figures. The Arcadia pilot is on the left and the Yamato pilot is on the right. They look spot on to me.

post-5492-0-26036200-1457221579_thumb.png

Here is a side view of the 4G Valkyries themselves. The Yamato 4G is on the bottom and the Arcadia 4G is on the top. It's nice to see the UN Spacy markings, the intake warning, the trim detailing, and the painted landing lights. It's the same on both versions, although the angle of the camera makes it hard to see some details on the Arcadia 4G.

post-5492-0-76193200-1457221814_thumb.png

In this shot, I moved the mat to get a better orientation for the Arcadia 4G. It is forward left and the Yamato 4G is sitting back and to the right. In this image, you can see the details that were blocked in the side view above.

post-5492-0-73772200-1457221944_thumb.png

A collector through ebay. The guy was selling Max and Milia v2 vf-1j's for a very reasonable price so i was very pleased, fills a gsp in my collection which i didn't expect to fill.

Congrats!

Can't wait to get my -4G. Lolicon, what colour did you use for the nose cone on your conversion?

Congrats!

Can't wait to get my -4G. Lolicon, what colour did you use for the nose cone on your conversion?

Mr Color tan S44

Be sure to sand down the seam line from the mold and use a little bit of putty if needed.

Edited by Lolicon

Nice pictures technoblue!

Thank you, dapro. The 4G should take all the credit. ^_^

So is there any difference other than the box?

That's probably the only difference! :lol: And Mommar covered it. If you want specifics, the Arcadia box includes the standard peek-a-boo flap that lets you look inside and see the Valkyrie without opening everything up. The Yamato box does not have that. There are other minor differences too, but they are not worth mentioning.

Edited by technoblue

With you there moosey. Mine sat from 25th to today befroe parcel farce decided to charge me for the privilage of uahing my toy.

Yeesh, that UK customs sounds like such a nightmare to deal with. I was fortunate to have the opposite experience; EMS almost always takes at least one week to reach me (which I realize would already be a big improvement for you guys :lol: ), but I had my valk in-hand just two days after getting the shipping notice. Hope you are also guys swooshing your valks around the house soon!

Was expecting mine to be used based off the heavily discounted price at Mandarake (the listing didn't specify), so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was brand spanking new, with the clear protective plastic still in place on the landing lights and inside the gear doors (which I was actually able to open, unlike with the VF-0S :lol: ). My first VF-4 and I'm totally in love with it just based off of the fighter mode alone! While I haven't transformed him yet, I am happy to report that all the missiles stay on securely on mine as well. :D

post-197-0-83271100-1457332647_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

I put my Yamato 4G next to my Arcadia 4G today, and...there isn't much to say! ;) I think Arcadia did a good job getting a 1:1 look this time. The fit and feel, I guess, is luck of the draw as with the Yamato version. So far, I am happy with my Arcadia copy. The missiles are not as loose as they are on my Yamato copy, which required some after-purchase TLC. I'm not sure how the Arcadia version stands up to the Yamato version in Battroid and Gerwalk mode, though, since I have yet to transform it. For this cell phone shoot, I compared my two 4Gs in fighter mode, along with the pilot figures.

Here are the pilot figures. The Arcadia pilot is on the left and the Yamato pilot is on the right. They look spot on to me.

attachicon.gif4g_pilots.png

Here is a side view of the 4G Valkyries themselves. The Yamato 4G is on the bottom and the Arcadia 4G is on the top. It's nice to see the UN Spacy markings, the intake warning, the trim detailing, and the painted landing lights. It's the same on both versions, although the angle of the camera makes it hard to see some details on the Arcadia 4G.

attachicon.giftwo4gs_a.png

In this shot, I moved the mat to get a better orientation for the Arcadia 4G. It is forward left and the Yamato 4G is sitting back and to the right. In this image, you can see the details that were blocked in the side view above.

attachicon.giftwo4gs_b.png

thanks for the comparison review, i came over to ask if anyone compared and saw the tighter missiles mr. k said would be improved on the arcadia 4g.

thanks for the comparison review, i came over to ask if anyone compared and saw the tighter missiles mr. k said would be improved on the arcadia 4g.

I did some testing by trying to removing missiles on both. The Yamato missiles came off with very little effort and the Arcadia required slightly more effort is what I noticed.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I did some testing by trying to removing missiles on both. The Yamato missiles came off with very little effort and the Arcadia required slightly more effort is what I noticed.

thanks Saburo!

How are the ankle and knee joints between the two?

Yeesh, that UK customs sounds like such a nightmare to deal with. I was fortunate to have the opposite experience; EMS almost always takes at least one week to reach me (which I realize would already be a big improvement for you guys :lol: ), but I had my valk in-hand just two days after getting the shipping notice. Hope you are also guys swooshing your valks around the house soon!

Was expecting mine to be used based off the heavily discounted price at Mandarake (the listing didn't specify), so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was brand spanking new, with the clear protective plastic still in place on the landing lights and inside the gear doors (which I was actually able to open, unlike with the VF-0S :lol: ). My first VF-4 and I'm totally in love with it just based off of the fighter mode alone! While I haven't transformed him yet, I am happy to report that all the missiles stay on securely on mine as well. :D

attachicon.gif262.jpg

I saw another one today, available. Upon checking out, I got an error. I was a few seconds late :(

I saw another one today, available. Upon checking out, I got an error. I was a few seconds late :(

Don't feel too bad. It was listed as an opened and used item. I don't like getting used items anymore, as I've been burned too many times.

Just be patient and an unused one will eventually show up. :p

That happens to mine too. I was admiring it on the shelf the other day, and adjusted the leg stabilizer. That was when I noticed the little rectangular piece missing. That led to me scouring the carpet in the last place where I had transformed it until I found that tiny little chit.

Yer lucky you found yours :/

Your welcome, david! I test the missiles by opening and closing the landing gear doors in fighter mode. My Yamato 4G will drop 2 or 3 missiles when opening and closing the landing gear. On my Arcadia 4G, I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the missiles held firm.

Sorry Old Man, I didn't compare the ankle and knee joints because I didn't transform the Yamato ver. :(

That's right, I forgot that you didn't transform a 4G until you got the Arcadia. Thanks for chiming in anyways :)

The Knee joints on my Arcadia version is loose compared to my two Yamato's. Doesn't sound like anybody else has had much of a problem with that though.

Okay, thanks Mommar! Still on the fence about picking up one of these when I have 2 Yamatos at home.

Got a good look at the sticker sheet for this bird, and it looks like you can customize it to be Hikaru's Skull 1 VF-4 that's with the Megaroad 01 plus here are so preliminary shot of my new VF-4 as proof that I have it

do it... :ph34r:

DO IT... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Agreed you won't regret it.

post-269-0-66059600-1457390696_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-56950100-1457390788_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-95387000-1457390792_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-12817400-1457390797_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-75573700-1457390799_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-66075500-1457390803_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-07327100-1457390807_thumb.jpg