1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

So I got mine and transformed it back and forth a few times, wow what a great transformation! Probably the most fun I've had changing a valk back and forth since the V2 VF-1, everything fits perfectly and the tolerances on the joints are just right (the missiles fall off but ehh they can be reattached). You are missing out spanner, take the risk and have some fun!

My biggest complaint would be that the ankles are a bit loose and it takes a bit of finagling to get it to stand in both modes, that's alright though since the VF-4 will be on a stand most of the time. Another small complaint is that I can't get the rear landing gear hatches to open all the way, the forward hatch that is supposed to move up and forward just won't budge on either leg so I'll just assume I'm doing something wrong and leave it alone for now.

I'm really happy with my VF-4 and urge anyone on the fence to take the plunge, who knows if we will get another chance at a reissue.

For the front doors on the landing gear just wiggle them up and down slowly until they slide up. it takes some patience but they will eventually open up. here' s my baby

post-30492-0-03272000-1456866619_thumb.jpg

post-30492-0-20541200-1456866669_thumb.jpg

post-30492-0-45103300-1456866674_thumb.jpg

and thank you to the awesome yeti for this amazing stand. really makes her look gorgeous

post-30492-0-85736100-1456866680_thumb.jpg

From my understanding of the Macross technology the intake covers close once you are in space flight. Because than the air for the thermonuclear engines comes from internal fuel tanks and not from the atmosphere. So if you want to display the VF-4G in Fighter-Mode during space flight you need to have the intake covers installed if you want to be legit. ^_^

I thought it must be something to do with atmospheric flight, but it seemed silly since these are nuclear engines. I doubt you could hold enough air to power a turbine in space (weird as well). But then again, deculture and planes that transform into mecha.

Just transformed the new one, forgot how fun this transformation is! Minus the missiles.

An observation: why did this come with intake covers? When in battroid and gerwalk the turbine area is occupied by the upper leg. The only time you see this area as not a leg is in fighter mode. Odd they tooled two individual pieces that are not needed. Do you guys display fighter with the covers on? I always remove them.

The VF-4 is currently unique in my growing Valk collection as the only one I've taken the intake covers off of. Those little things went into the box after the first transformation and there they stayed.

My sole objection to them is their partsforming nature. The missiles mean there's enough to potentially lose on this toy without tempting fate with the intake covers as well.

I thought it must be something to do with atmospheric flight, but it seemed silly since these are nuclear engines. I doubt you could hold enough air to power a turbine in space (weird as well). But then again, deculture and planes that transform into mecha.

Not air. Hydrogen slush. Basically something combustible that can expand and drive forward motion. It's not necessary to make the nuclear engine work, but it's necessary in order to actually GO.

Not air. Hydrogen slush. Basically something combustible that can expand and drive forward motion. It's not necessary to make the nuclear engine work, but it's necessary in order to actually GO.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My old Yamato VF-4 I detailed way back in the day. I plan on revisiting this once I get my Arcadia reissue and doing a better job. Maybe I'll toss this one in the garbage bin. :huh:

yamato%20vf-4%2001_zpsppzr3yqx.jpg

yamato%20vf-4%2002_zpshhhvvumu.jpg

everytime i see that i'm amazed. (but if you want anime accurate you need the brown feet :p ) jk, where valk addict these days? he's the one who pointed out that it does have brown feet in the anime.

My old Yamato VF-4 I detailed way back in the day. I plan on revisiting this once I get my Arcadia reissue and doing a better job. Maybe I'll toss this one in the garbage bin. :huh:

Wait. You're planning to top this one off? :blink: It's gorgeous as is. :wub: But still, looking forward to your next one. ;) By the way, before you toss it out to the garbage bin, maybe you can toss it to us instead, MW's scavengers. :lol:

tell me which garbage bin to pick it up! XD

Am passing on this VF-4G. Will be an instant buy for me if Arcadia did it in this colour.

Where did you get the decals/stickers from?

Am passing on this VF-4G. Will be an instant buy for me if Arcadia did it in this colour.

Yamato came with Flashback 2012 scheme for customization. Not sure with this Arcadia reissue.

From Jenius' Anymoon site:

Yamato-160-VF-4-1.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Which honestly when I first got mine, I considered doing that exact thing but thought it would have a terrible result. If that is indeed what he did, it looks fantastic. However, the tail fins look painted to me. If I pick up at Arcadia VF-4G for down the road I may try it

Edited by derex3592

yes throw it in the garbage! :ph34r:says whilst hiding behind the garbage bin..

I think this looks great. I think you should do the new one up like the Max 1J custom from the models thread instead.

Hehe no no I'm not really going to throw out. Throwing a valk in the trash is criminal! Unless it's a Bandai V1 VF-25 of course. :)

There's enough little niggling imperfections that have bothered me over the years and Arcadia's reissue will finally let me fix them. :D

This one will be relegated to battroid mode.

The skulls and other markings are decals from a VF-1S kit. The rest is painted.

I think this looks great. I think you should do the new one up like the Max 1J custom from the models thread instead.

I might consider it if I pick up a third VF-4...

Edited by Lolicon

it does indeed look fantastic! he did a superb job on it! all it needs (technically nothing but..) is some metal etched detail up parts (which sadly don't exist to the best of my knowledge) to replace certain parts that shouldn't look too plasticky such as engine exhaust nozzles etc etc.

B))

Hehe no no I'm not really going to throw out. Throwing a valk in the trash is criminal! Unless it's a Bandai V1 VF-25 of course. :)

There's enough little niggling imperfections that have bothered me over the years and Arcadia's reissue will finally let me fix them. :D

This one will be relegated to battroid mode.

The skulls and other markings are decals from a VF-1S kit. The rest is painted.

I might consider it if I pick up a third VF-4...

What if somebody mailed you a third one and a bunch of money?

Man... I can't stop looking at Lolicon's VF-4G. :wub:

Tell me about it.

I'm riddled with;

envy

admiration

an urge to do something similar to mine

but a lack of skill/knowhow/talent!

For the front doors on the landing gear just wiggle them up and down slowly until they slide up. it takes some patience but they will eventually open up.

I gave it another go and finally got them to slide open, thanks!