1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Cancelled mine!! Whoohoo! Got some spare cash now for other stuff!! \(*^__^*)/

I could not be asked to get another one after all...Had they done the flashback colours it would've been a no-brainer. But at this point I thought getting another one ( even though it is one of my top fav valks) would've been just to boast that I got 2 of them. (See I'm honest....)

Also...a tiny invisible drop of varnish had solved the missile issue ages ago....a a little piece of blue tack under the pilot's butt it solved the 'rattling pilot' issue....

Maybe, just maybe if the price drops to ¥17/20k. I might pick another one up...

I did not think it would do that well though, I assumed that anyone into Macross for years/decades....would've already had one by now. It's such a great piece. I seem to remember a lot of people with a disliking the 4G....Maybe it was its price, not the Valk itself......Anyway, here is my 'old' friend....with it's 'work in progress VF-2SS)

post-27197-0-76284100-1456601685_thumb.jpg

Mine came in today! Woot!

So far I've transformed it from fighter to battroid and then back to fighter.

The leg missiles are fairly secure. All the other ones pop off if they are breathed the general direction.

Accidentally popped the fin on the bottom of the fighter off while trying to peg everything together for battroid mode. It took some effort but I got it popped back on. I never did get the final peg at the crotch of battroid mode to lock, but everything hung together anyway, so I didn't worry too much.

Feet are floppy as hell. But it can balance if I stand it carefully.

Pilot rattles around. Is there any way to get that guy locked in? Other than that, he looks really nice. Best pilot on any of my Valks so far.

Transformation from fighter to battroid was a royal pain, but for some reason battroid to fighter just flows naturally. I'll just have to see how this ages as I transform it in the future.

The landing gear were a real pain. Then on one of them the tire flopped off. I fitted it back on, but it was a bit irritating because I had struggled with that damn fin just a few minutes before.

Despite the negatives, I'm in the happy glow period of ownership. Very cool toy.

Mine came in today! Woot!

So far I've transformed it from fighter to battroid and then back to fighter.

The leg missiles are fairly secure. All the other ones pop off if they are breathed the general direction.

Accidentally popped the fin on the bottom of the fighter off while trying to peg everything together for battroid mode. It took some effort but I got it popped back on. I never did get the final peg at the crotch of battroid mode to lock, but everything hung together anyway, so I didn't worry too much.

Feet are floppy as hell. But it can balance if I stand it carefully.

Pilot rattles around. Is there any way to get that guy locked in? Other than that, he looks really nice. Best pilot on any of my Valks so far.

Transformation from fighter to battroid was a royal pain, but for some reason battroid to fighter just flows naturally. I'll just have to see how this ages as I transform it in the future.

The landing gear were a real pain. Then on one of them the tire flopped off. I fitted it back on, but it was a bit irritating because I had struggled with that damn fin just a few minutes before.

Despite the negatives, I'm in the happy glow period of ownership. Very cool toy.

Transformation to Battroid is a bit tricky but once you figure it out it's not to bad. My landing gear is very tight and one of my tires easily flops off too, otherwise She' a work of art and love it!!

The feet on both my Yamato VF-4G were fine. They're not floppy or losse. The arms are more loose, I believe. On this Arcadia release, can anyone confirm if the arm is kinda loose. Like it keeps on shaking. Regarding the pilot figure, I guess it's still the same. They still rattle. I thought they fixed that somehow. You can use bluetac to keep them secure. Now by mentioning the missiles, I guess some of them are still loose, correct? Looks like everything is still the same as Yamato except for the floppy feet and landing gear tire problem like what Gabriel mentioned. Hmmm.

Great photo Saburo! Even though im not a big fan of this Valks non fighter modes.. this does look very good! I think the biggest let down for this Valkyrie is its head design, followed by its arms and how the nose cone sits in this mode.

Other than that its fairly decent.

Thanks Spanner! Fighter mode is my favorite mode for the VF-4G, I think Battroid is pretty nice too and yes the head could be better. I am overall pleased with it. This is my first time transforming a VF-4, although I have the Yamato release I didn't want to transform it. With the Arcadia release I didn't have the fear of breaking it and having to spend the insane price of what the Yamato ver was going for. :D

Edited by Saburo

Thanks Spanner! Fighter mode is my favorite mode for the VF-4G, I think Battroid is pretty nice too and yes the head could be better. I am overall pleased with it. This is my first time transforming a VF-4, although I have the Yamato release I didn't want to transform it. With the Arcadia release I didn't have the fear of breaking it and having to spend the insane price of what the Yamato ver was going for. :D

great picture as always Saburo! So you decided to go back to DSLR after testing out G4?

Hey no worries! Your photos are always sublime! B))

The price of the original Yamato version (post initial availability of course) definitely is a transformation deterrent so its probably a good thing that fighter mode is the only mode I actually really like! :lol:

That is a damn sexy picture Saburo, love how the valk is lit and the floor fades to black.

Thanks Spiff.

great picture as always Saburo! So you decided to go back to DSLR after testing out G4?

The pics with the G4 were taken by Gundam@EDSF ;)

Hey no worries! Your photos are always sublime! B))

The price of the original Yamato version (post initial availability of course) definitely is a transformation deterrent so its probably a good thing that fighter mode is the only mode I actually really like! :lol:

Exactly, I only took pics in fighter mode. I'll be retaking VF-4G pics once I get the upgrade completed. :D

I can't figure out why the hell Arcadia didn't figure out how to implement similar ankles to fix the YF-19's issues. They're so fricking superior, and massively dynamic. Even more dynamic than any of the Bandai ankles have been it's just those stabs at the ends of the of the legs on the VF-4 prevent any further tilting.

It is too bad there isn't more shoulder/arm articulation but you look at this thing and it's already a TIGHT fit for everything.

If Bandai does their Hi-Metal version it will be interesting to see if they come up with some different clever ways to hide everything. Or maybe you'll just remove the non-arm version and plug the full length arm on. That would be the easy solution to a non-PT version.

Cancelled mine!! Whoohoo! Got some spare cash now for other stuff!! \(*^__^*)/

I could not be asked to get another one after all...Had they done the flashback colours it would've been a no-brainer. But at this point I thought getting another one ( even though it is one of my top fav valks) would've been just to boast that I got 2 of them. (See I'm honest....)

Also...a tiny invisible drop of varnish had solved the missile issue ages ago....a a little piece of blue tack under the pilot's butt it solved the 'rattling pilot' issue....

Maybe, just maybe if the price drops to ¥17/20k. I might pick another one up...

I did not think it would do that well though, I assumed that anyone into Macross for years/decades....would've already had one by now. It's such a great piece. I seem to remember a lot of people with a disliking the 4G....Maybe it was its price, not the Valk itself......Anyway, here is my 'old' friend....with it's 'work in progress VF-2SS)

Well, I got my multiple specifically to make a FB2012 version, so not everyone is getting them for bragging rights. Besides, we already have ideas of who those people are. I've never been into getting multiples myself. I've never seen a point to it, but some do it because they like multiple modes and want those displayed as such. Others do it to make something different from it, and then there's the ones who just like putting pictures up of their multiples for the sake of getting attention (which I still don't get why).

Mine should be here tomorrow, and it's already set for a simple custom job. Along with that, comes a few Macross posters and a Macross Ranka Lee remote controlled car.

Well, I got my multiple specifically to make a FB2012 version, so not everyone is getting them for bragging rights. Besides, we already have ideas of who those people are. I've never been into getting multiples myself. I've never seen a point to it, but some do it because they like multiple modes and want those displayed as such. Others do it to make something different from it, and then there's the ones who just like putting pictures up of their multiples for the sake of getting attention (which I still don't get why).

Mine should be here tomorrow, and it's already set for a simple custom job. Along with that, comes a few Macross posters and a Macross Ranka Lee remote controlled car.

Look forward to your Custom VF-4 and that Ranka Lee RC car sounds intriguing!

Well this is the best you can get http://www.yetistand.com/ . If that isn't what you want then you could try your luck with finding an old Yamato stand or I heard that some megablocks stands work.

Hey thanks, I'll look into those.

Anyone going to apply the stickers to make it look more like FB 2012? Some cool looking stuff is already showing up in the MW facebook page.

Before I got this, I was definitely in the camp saying the VF-4s battroid mode looks crummy.

Now... I think it's a genuine sentiment and not just justifying my expensive toy... but I think battroid is much better in person than images portray it as. In pictures it looks like an oddball, but yesterday I had it standing alongside all my other Valks and it fit in just fine/didn't look like an oddball at all.

It's winning me over.

So I got mine and transformed it back and forth a few times, wow what a great transformation! Probably the most fun I've had changing a valk back and forth since the V2 VF-1, everything fits perfectly and the tolerances on the joints are just right (the missiles fall off but ehh they can be reattached). You are missing out spanner, take the risk and have some fun!

My biggest complaint would be that the ankles are a bit loose and it takes a bit of finagling to get it to stand in both modes, that's alright though since the VF-4 will be on a stand most of the time. Another small complaint is that I can't get the rear landing gear hatches to open all the way, the forward hatch that is supposed to move up and forward just won't budge on either leg so I'll just assume I'm doing something wrong and leave it alone for now.

I'm really happy with my VF-4 and urge anyone on the fence to take the plunge, who knows if we will get another chance at a reissue.

Just transformed the new one, forgot how fun this transformation is! Minus the missiles.

An observation: why did this come with intake covers? When in battroid and gerwalk the turbine area is occupied by the upper leg. The only time you see this area as not a leg is in fighter mode. Odd they tooled two individual pieces that are not needed. Do you guys display fighter with the covers on? I always remove them.

From my understanding of the Macross technology the intake covers close once you are in space flight. Because than the air for the thermonuclear engines comes from internal fuel tanks and not from the atmosphere. So if you want to display the VF-4G in Fighter-Mode during space flight you need to have the intake covers installed if you want to be legit. ^_^