1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Ok. So from what I understand, you guys rather transform the Arcadia reissue than the Yamato release? So basically, making the Yamato more collectible than the Arcadia, correct? ;)

Absolutely!!! Then in a few years from now when Arcadia goes bust or won't do any more VF4 reissues then i can sell my original for some good coin! Hehe! ;) I'm just kidding of course..

Absolutely!!! Then in a few years from now when Arcadia goes bust or won't do any more VF4 reissues then i can sell my original for some good coin! Hehe! ;) I'm just kidding of course..

Hmmm... should I put it back in my cart once again? :rolleyes:

Looking back to my 2 VF-4G's. :ph34r:

I don't get all of the fears about transforming the Yamato one. We only ever heard about maybe one catastrophic failure and it was chocked up to poor diecast. Otherwise they've all been good. I have two that have gone through the wringer and come out fine.

I don't get all of the fears about transforming the Yamato one. We only ever heard about maybe one catastrophic failure and it was chocked up to poor diecast. Otherwise they've all been good. I have two that have gone through the wringer and come out fine.

Up until the Arcadia reissue was announced if I were on the off chance break something on the VF-4 I would have to spend an arm and a leg to replace it. :D

I at least took it out of the box. ;)

Yes!! Yes you should! ;)

Hahaha! :lol: How I wish right now I can do it sir. After paying big loads of money on that Kaneda and Bike. I should probably sit this one out even if it has a 'new' box. And spent the rest on the upcoming PO's. But for that Kaneda and Bike price, it's really worth it. Better than the current Yamato SDF-1 price point I should say. ;)

I dont suppose anyone knows if production has commenced on vf-4g yet? I have my vf -0s sitting in private warehouse at HLJ with the hope that I can combine shipping for the two valks together but I think I might be pushing my luck

Yeah. No one knows if they already started unless Mr.K or Arcadia posted some photo tweets. But for now, it's safe to say they probably starting it to meet the February release. If Feb is still inside your 60days PW timeframe then I guess it might be able to make it. ;)

if they are trying to meet the february release date, I am pretty sure production has started and might even be near the final stage of the run.

Yeah id say its gonna be a pretty easy run for them. Seeing its an existing line with the reissue having little to no significant alterations then im more than sure they will meet the release date target easy enough. Its still the better part of 6 weeks away.

Today I got to see my cousins recently purchased Yamato VF-4G in battroid & gerwalk modes in the flesh and being completely honest it didn't spark my interest quite as what I was expecting and certainly not enough to justify purchasing the re-issue for the sole purpose of displaying in battroid mode. I had always been somewhat skeptical of this Valkyrie's other modes which I confirmed today. So for me the only appreciable mode is fighter of which im going to stick with the one Yamato example I currently own and have requested to cancel my re-issue order with NY.

I hope Arcadia considers a 1/3000 SDF-1 reissue after the VF-4G. ^_^

Yeah me too. Slapping myself for not getting the SDF when it was first released. I thought it was too expensive but little did i know i'd shortly be buying valks for that price.

If they decide to re-issue the 1:3000 SDF-1 then that will be a definite buy! Im kinda pissed at myself for letting a few decently priced examples slip away over the last few years.. but who knows if they will re-issue it?!

If they decide to re-issue the 1:3000 SDF-1 then that will be a definite buy! Im kinda pissed at myself for letting a few decently priced examples slip away over the last few years.. but who knows if they will re-issue it?!

Arcadia will prolly try to charge US$500+ for it if they do decide to re-release the 1/3000 SDF-1...

Anyone seen a release date for this yet? I was hoping to combine my VF-0S order with this from HLJ but I'm running out of time on the private warehouse.

Never mind the latest price drop on the VF-0A which is causing me serious problems................I've got a kid due in May and still have to buy a buggy/carseat/etc

Damn you Macross! (but I love you so!)

Arcadia will prolly try to charge US$500+ for it if they do decide to re-release the 1/3000 SDF-1...

I will pay for it if they paint U.N.SPACY on the legs! :p

Anyone seen a release date for this yet? I was hoping to combine my VF-0S order with this from HLJ but I'm running out of time on the private warehouse.

Never mind the latest price drop on the VF-0A which is causing me serious problems................I've got a kid due in May and still have to buy a buggy/carseat/etc

Damn you Macross! (but I love you so!)

I assume it is the end of February, maybe between 25th and 29th.

The VF-1 only. Everything else has been left alone. Get over this nonsense group-think, bs.

Get over your bs nonsense and learn to have a civil conversation. The VF-19 Kai was a bit more than yamato's release. Everything else has been a new release. So far the vf-4 is the exception to the rule. So much for nonsense group think.

Edited by Sandman

Honestly there isn't a huge sample of "everything else" - the VF-4G and the bundle VF-1J with GBP are the only apples to apples, exact re-releases of Yamato Valks, and even the GBP bundle may have been changed (I don't know, didn't buy it).

The VF-1S's were both changed and included the infamous stands and different plastic (pink hue or whatever) - 16,800 JPY

The VF-1J Anniversary Edition with Special Paint - 15,800 JPY

The VF-19 Kai included the Sound Booster and Metallic Paint - 34,800 JPY

The YF-19 - new, not previously released by Yamato - 32,800 JPY

The VF-1J / GBP bundle - 23,800 JPU

VF-0D, A and S - new, not previously released by Yamato

VF-4G - re-release - 27,000 JPY

Do the changes and additions to the VF-1's and VF-19 justify a price hike, not accounting for inflation or manufacturing costs, maybe - maybe not, but the fact remains that they were not direct re-releases of Yamato's Valkyries. So far only the VF-4G and VF-1J/GBP fit that bill.

Feel free to correct anything above, it's possible I missed a detail or two.

-b.

So the VF-19 Kai from Yamato was 22,000 Yen plus 9,800 Yen for the Sound Booster. This makes a total of 31,800. The Arcaida release came with a small Fire Bomber band and if you take into account the inflation you're probably even.

According to anymoon.com the msrp for the Yamato VF-1J GBP was 16,800 Yen but that was back in 2009 so a price hike should have been expected to to the increase in wages in China.

That leaves the reissue of the VF-1S as an outlier but it included the option parts and a stand. With inflation and the costs of the larger boxes and the added accessories I think the price hike is not too far off from the original MSRP of 9,800. It is still a price hike nonetheless.

Yamato VF-1S (https://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00079)

Yamato VF-1J GBP (https://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00176)

Yamato VF-19 Kai (http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00214)

Yamato VF-19 Kai Sound Booster (https://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00217)

The VF-4 re-release is supposed to have a new version of the missiles that would clip tighter, and some pointed out that the plastic could have a different shade of grey.

As silly as it sounds, if the color were changed, even slightly, I'd be even more enticed to buy.

-b.