1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Did anyone tried this on their VF-4G? Surprise to see this one via Google search. Thanks. ;)

8325687887_b943b2aa78_c.jpg

The problem with this is that the hole being used there is also used for transformation and you kind of have to jam the gunpod handle into it. That might adversely affect transformation eventually.

It has built in guns, I'm not sure why you really want a gunpod attached though.

The problem with this is that the hole being used there is also used for transformation and you kind of have to jam the gunpod handle into it. That might adversely affect transformation eventually.

It has built in guns, I'm not sure why you really want a gunpod attached though.

I don't see it will create problems during transformations since you'll basically remove the Gunpod before you transform that area, right? And from what I see on the valk, that's the slot used for the cockpit's bottom fin. You just use that slot only in Battroid mode, so in that sense you already removed the Gunpod.

And I didn't say I want to attach my Gunpod into it (since I don't have extra Gunpods to lend my VF-4G's). I only asked because I remember someone asked before if they can attach a Gunpod underneath. And to see if it really does fit since I haven't tried it. And seeing this picture while doing some searching, I remember that question.

Besides, the more armaments it can hold, the better. :lol:

I don't see it will create problems during transformations since you'll basically remove the Gunpod before you transform that area, right? And from what I see on the valk, that's the slot used for the cockpit's bottom fin. You just use that slot only in Battroid mode, so in that sense you already removed the Gunpod.

No, I mean prying the plastic open and potentially weakening the attach point.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone tried this on their VF-4G? Surprise to see this one via Google search. Thanks. ;)

8325687887_b943b2aa78_c.jpg

that does look good there doesn't it! Almost like its meant to actually be there! But yeah as Mommar said, forcing it to fit in there might cause issues down the track. The VF-4 does have built in cannons but it would still have been cool to see it with a separate gun pod of some sort or another.

When is this expect to be out?

Sometime in or towards the end of Feb if im not mistaken..

I had a spare gun pod laying around and an insatiable curiosity to see for myself what the VF-4 looked like when fitted with a gun pod under its belly!

And I have to say that I really like it! So much so that I am going to leave it fitted on it! And the gun pod grip actually fits in that slot on the underside quite well and not too tight at all! Of course it has to be removed for transformation but seeing that this particular VF-4 will never see that process then it can stay fitted for good!

And when I get my VF-4 re-issue which will be for battroid then I will use the gun pod from my VF-X! Easy! :)

Here are some pics! B))

20160109_163113.jpg

20160109_163131.jpg

20160109_162815.jpg

20160109_163156.jpg

20160109_163227.jpg

I had a spare gun pod laying around and an insatiable curiosity to see for myself what the VF-4 looked like when fitted with a gun pod under its belly!

And I have to say that I really like it! So much so that I am going to leave it fitted on it! And the gun pod grip actually fits in that slot on the underside quite well and not too tight at all! Of course it has to be removed for transformation but seeing that this particular VF-4 will never see that process then it can stay fitted for good!

And when I get my VF-4 re-issue which will be for battroid then I will use the gun pod from my VF-X! Easy! :)

Here are some pics! B))

*snip*

Must be nice to have a spare gun pod lay around. :D:p

Edited by Saburo

Here are some pics! B))

*snip*

"Stop trying to put things where they don't belong." (VF5SS, 2012)

^_^

Here are some pics! B))

*snip*

Nice! I'll try that later. ;) But I don't have extra Gunpod to spare. Hehehe. :D

Won't the first (don't remember the #) releases come with a gun pod this time? If so, I wonder if they will come with some sort of clip for it to store in fighter & gerwalk?

The Gunpod is included if you order it directly from Arcadia Online Shop site. But that was already sold out months ago. They have from what I remember like 20 valk slots for that. And I don't think there will be a 'gunpod clip/slot' for it since VF-4G is not design to carry a Gunpod. Edited by no3ljm

Nice! I'll try that later. ;) But I don't have extra Gunpod to spare. Hehehe. :D

The Gunpod is included if you order it directly from Arcadia Online Shop site. But that was already sold out months ago. They have from what I remember like 20 valk slots for that. And I don't think there will be a 'gunpod clip/slot' for it since VF-4G is not design to carry a Gunpod.

I find it funny considering it was never designed to actually carry a gun pod (even though you can squeeze one in) that they chose to do the limited run including a gun pod!?!? :huh: Arcadia you sooo funny! :rolleyes::p

Not sure if that's just a temporary display for the photo, but you might want to move the aft right-hand flightpose leg off of the painted red band. Those clear caps can dissolve it over time.

yeah it was only a temporary display. Its now sitting on a different stand and not on any of the colored parts. But I haven't ever had any issues with my flightpose stands on painted areas of my Valks. But yeah still I try to avoid sitting them on those areas. :)

hehe! yeah sure is! Well I figured that the Angel Bird being a aerial acrobatic display Valkyrie didn't really need to have one fitted.. not sure they were present in the anime either. Might check that out.

I don't think they were either, spanner. Thanks for the tip! Looks like I have a spare one now too :p

Btw, nice desktop wallpaper! Is that a Singer?

I don't think they were either, spanner. Thanks for the tip! Looks like I have a spare one now too :p

Btw, nice desktop wallpaper! Is that a Singer?

yeah I checked out ep1 of the original series and sure enough none of the display team have gun pods fitted! spare gun pods for all!!! :D

And yes its a Singer Porsche! I have about 50 photos of them that cycle through for my desktop wallpapers.. friggin awesome cars! B))

Finally an affordable VF-4 , glad I saw the pre-order when I was searching around HLJ, It took some thought. But I finally decideded to pre-order it tonight. Surprised the pre-order was still up given the affordable price, but I guess alot of people still have their Yamato VF-4's.

Soon we'll have the VF-4G reissue. :D I am pretty excited to photograph it, yes I have one already the Yamato release I have been scared to transform it. So with the Arcadia I'll transform it without any worries.

I wonder if Arcadia will give us new box, like the VF-0 box or will it be the same as the VF-1J box?

Edited by Saburo

Soon we'll have the VF-4G reissue. :D I am pretty excited to photograph it, yes I have one already the Yamato release I have been scared to transform it. So with the Arcadia I'll transform it without any worries.

I wonder if Arcadia will give us new box, like the VF-0 box or will it be the same as the VF-1J box?

LOL i'm the same way. I have the yamato and was always afraid to transform it since getting another one would be hard. I'm getting the arcadia version so i can actually play with it.

LOL i'm the same way. I have the yamato and was always afraid to transform it since getting another one would be hard. I'm getting the arcadia version so i can actually play with it.

me three! that's one of the reasons why im getting it! and that I kinda do want to see it in battroid for myself.. And I'll display it with a gun pod in its hand! hehe! :D

but yeah my Yamato VF-4G ain't ever gonna be transformed switched modes.. Using the word "transformed" just doesn't feel right. :rolleyes::p

Haha.. the forever fighter mode Valk. :D Once I get the Arcadia release the Yamato version will go back into its box. :D

me three! that's one of the reasons why im getting it! and that I kinda do want to see it in battroid for myself.. And I'll display it with a gun pod in its hand! hehe! :D

but yeah my Yamato VF-4G ain't ever gonna be transformed switched modes.. Using the word "transformed" just doesn't feel right. :rolleyes::p

Another member of the forever fighter mode. I'll take pics with a borrowed gunpod.

Edited by Saburo

Haha.. the forever fighter mode Valk. :DOnce I get the Arcadia release the Yamato version will go back into its box. :D

Another member of the forever fighter mode. I'll take pics with a borrowed gunpod.

lookin forward to see those pics that's for sure! :D

And yeah I did also consider putting the Yamato back in its box but I think I'll just keep it on display. Heck that's what its made for right?! :unsure:

But I don't want to buy two Arcadia VF-4G's.. :rolleyes:

Ok. So from what I understand, you guys rather transform the Arcadia reissue than the Yamato release? So basically, making the Yamato more collectible than the Arcadia, correct? ;)

In anticipation of the VF-4 reissue I watched a few transformation videos and noticed that the intake warning markings seem like out of place and too far away from the edge and too small. I've looked at the images over at M³ and real life jet intake warnings and they seem to come in variable sized but are almost always at the edge of the intake. Even in the line art they are mostly bigger and aligned with the edge.

I was asking myself if I'm the only one that is put off by this and than had a sudden epiphany. I'm the David Hingtgen of tampo printings. :lol: ... :wacko: ... ^_^