1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Some people Just want to be happy because a rare toy they really want is getting a reissue and now they'll be able to get one. Some people just want to enjoy that happiness and not have to read about how it's going to be shity and broken even though there's no reason to believe that.

I wanted a VF-4 last time, I failed to get a VF-4 last time. I still want a VF-4 this time and I'm gonna get a VF-4 this time because I love the VF-4.

So yeah, VF-4, I want a VF-4, is the VF-4 out yet? I want a VF-4... VF-4...

Edited by anime52k8

Because I was going to get a VF-4 to be my only 1/60 valk, but now I'm not willing to take the chance, and this is a public forum ,where you post these kinds of things, like opinions. I had no idea my disdain for Arcadia and my passing on this valk would cause people to whine back.

No, don't take it as whining, and there's no need to get so defensive. I'm aware of the public forum, and you're allowed to whine about all things possible, but I do find it funny that me pointing it out is whining. In any case, you getting defensive says a lot. If you had actually read what I wrote, I mentioned that it's not a big deal. It's not for everyone. I don't think anyone really cares about you not wanting one. I just found your post funny.

The HMR line isn't even set in stone, and I honestly don't think it'll even get that far. There seems to be quite a few fans here already passing and just waiting on certain items. IF Bandai is as hardcore as people here think they are, if a few of the releases go south, this could see an end before. While bigger isn't always better (VF-2SS in 1/60 to what maybe a release by the HMR line), I wouldn't trust some of the transformation in a 1/100 scale to a larger scale with thicher pieces. That said, all we can do is see what comes of that line. I have my doubts about the line going that far out, but if I'm wrong, good for those that like and can afford these.

Some people Just want to be happy because a rare toy they really want is getting a reissue and now they'll be able to get one. Some people just want to enjoy that happiness and not have to read about how it's going to be shity and broken even though there's no reason to believe that.

I wanted a VF-4 last time, I failed to get a VF-4 last time. I still want a VF-4 this time and I'm gonna get a VF-4 this time because I love the VF-4.

My comments shouldn't alter anyone's happiness towards this re-release, or their drive to get one. It's just an opinion, not everything you read you will agree with or want to read, it's just some text.

No, don't take it as whining, and there's no need to get so defensive. I'm aware of the public forum, and you're allowed to whine about all things possible, but I do find it funny that me pointing it out is whining. In any case, you getting defensive says a lot. If you had actually read what I wrote, I mentioned that it's not a big deal. It's not for everyone. I don't think anyone really cares about you not wanting one. I just found your post funny.

The HMR line isn't even set in stone, and I honestly don't think it'll even get that far. There seems to be quite a few fans here already passing and just waiting on certain items. IF Bandai is as hardcore as people here think they are, if a few of the releases go south, this could see an end before. While bigger isn't always better (VF-2SS in 1/60 to what maybe a release by the HMR line), I wouldn't trust some of the transformation in a 1/100 scale to a larger scale with thicher pieces. That said, all we can do is see what comes of that line. I have my doubts about the line going that far out, but if I'm wrong, good for those that like and can afford these.

Not getting defensive, not sure where you got that. Received casual snark, returned it, I could literally make the same comment about you and being defensive, and yet it wouldn't be grounded in anything based on what you posted, just like how I read my comment as not being defensive either. Once again, I'm wondering why my differing opinion is bothering so many people. Apparently you and others didn't read my earlier post posts either where I said I hope it will be fine, and I hope my skeptics are wrong, and I'm glad others can get a whack at this at a very sexy price point. Not sure why you took my skepticism and cancellation of pre-order as whining, are unpopular opinions whining and others aren't? News to me. Don't take my comment as whining then, I just don't want one anymore. I get it, it's the VF-4, everyone and their brother wanted/wants one, I did too, now I don't, move along people, this never would have continued if people just could have ignored an opinion they don't agree with instead of finding reasons to label certain comments as un-necessary whining, and yet whining about whining is fine, your post got a chuckle out of me too. This is making my head hurt, just move along people, I'm done on this page, enjoy your VF-4s, hopefully.

That's where I've been, that's where I'm at and that's where I'll stay. B))

My comments shouldn't alter anyone's happiness towards this re-release, or their drive to get one. It's just an opinion, not everything you read you will agree with or want to read, it's just some text.

Not getting defensive, not sure where you got that. Received casual snark, returned it, I could literally make the same comment about you and being defensive, and yet it wouldn't be grounded in anything based on what you posted, just like how I read my comment as not being defensive either. Once again, I'm wondering why my differing opinion is bothering so many people. Apparently you and others didn't read my earlier post posts either where I said I hope it will be fine, and I hope my skeptics are wrong, and I'm glad others can get a whack at this at a very sexy price point. Not sure why you took my skepticism and cancellation of pre-order as whining, are unpopular opinions whining and others aren't? News to me. Don't take my comment as whining then, I just don't want one anymore. I get it, it's the VF-4, everyone and their brother wanted/wants one, I did too, now I don't, move along people, this never would have continued if people just could have ignored an opinion they don't agree with instead of finding reasons to label certain comments as un-necessary whining, and yet whining about whining is fine, your post got a chuckle out of me too. This is making my head hurt, just move along people, I'm done on this page, enjoy your VF-4s, hopefully.

The thing about the opinion is that... part of what you're arguing isn't opinion at all. You like 1/100 better, you're switching to 1/100 because it suits you. Cool, nobody has a problem with that. The bit about how the 0's are all failing therefore the VF-4 is a guaranteed exploding mess is just ridiculous and wrong. You're spreading paranoid, miss-information. Only one mold has shown a problem, the 0D and A are the same mold where that one issue is concerned. None of the reissued molds have had any additional defects. What you're stating about the VF-4 reissue is completely unfounded.

This toy should be like their VF-1 reissues. Pretty much the same but with probably slightly inferior (though hard to identify why it's inferior. IE pinkish and thinner) plastic quality and sloppier paint apps.

I don't remember the QC being that bad on the Roy and Hik re-issues, other than the skull and crossbones being off on the tail. I didn't buy either so I don't know.

I'd never switch to the 1/100's because the Battroid modes look pretty off to my eye. They seem really over priced at 120 bucks when you can get a sentinel product for that price point with tons of detail and whatnot. Compare it to Sentinals Iron Man stuff at the similar scale and the 1/100 line looks cheap. However I do want a Spartan! But people like to have something new and get in on the ground floor. It's a lot less daunting than trying to find all the 1/60's when the prices will probably continue to go up.

Arcadia has been around over a year + and only done 2 vf-1 re-issues.

But I also don't blame people from being scared off from any Arcadia product. They bring it on themselves by making a rookie mistake and letting it out into the wild. Arcadia has to build their brand, and that means making quality toys. People are already put off by the price point and the lack of tampo - you throw in a big structural defect and PO's will disappear.

Edited by Gakken85

I've actually never noticed any downgrade in plastic or build quality between Yamato and Arcadia VF-1s.

On the contrary, Arcadia VF-1 toys seem to be a bit more refined and smoother to transform.

Based on that and the far superior Arcadia VF-0 (hip issues are nothing compared to all of the issues on the Yamato) I have no worries whatsoever about the VF-4.

I fully expect it to be identical to the Yamato, if not slightly refined.

I just have to point out that the 1/100 HMR line does not compare with a 1/60 Arcadai/Yamato toy. It's a lesser toy and the price and scale reflects that. So, if someone is not happy with a 1/60 Arcadia toy a 1/100 HMR toy as an alternative is not going to leave one satisfied. Apples and oranges really.

By all means collect the HMR. They're good "low budget" toys. Personally, I'm getting one of each release. But, I wouldn't do it over a 1/60 Arcadia.

Hoping that a company dies off so that another company can pick up their licenses, just because of a bad experience sounds like a whole bucket of whining to me, but in any case, it's an old issue.

I'm not too worried about this release. If it does have any issues, while I will be upset at it, I know that not every fruit off the tree is going to be as sweet as another, and the fact that I've had bowls and bowls of sweet fruit from said tree, I'll be alright. Yeah, sorry for the analogy, but I think it suits my situation just fine.

Verified, HLJ has put out a stop order on the VF-4G.

Nippon Yasan still has them available. Sucks cause I finally decided to pre order one and I would have preferred to use HLJ, I will be trying NY. Hoping for no shipping issues.

• 2 weeks later...

... if I could afford it, I would buy a full squadron of 12 of these and paint my dining room table as the deck of an ARMD to display them; the VF-4 is only below the VF-14 (M7 version, not M3)/FZ-109 family in my opinion - and good luck ever seeing an enemy unit get a toy unless they did a face turn or it's a recolor of something a protagonist flew.

The conversion rate seems pretty favorable right now, should I order one of these from HLJ? Never had any attachment to the VF-4, but I am a fan of complex transformations and it has a slick appearance. It just happens to be from the one part of Macross I never paid any attention to.

The conversion rate seems pretty favorable right now, should I order one of these from HLJ? Never had any attachment to the VF-4, but I am a fan of complex transformations and it has a slick appearance. It just happens to be from the one part of Macross I never paid any attention to.

Hahaha... have to say I'm pretty tempted too but would rather catch up on older releases such as YF-19 or get the new VF-0S (if there are no problems). Decisions... decisions....

Just a heads up, but HLJ won't charge you until the item comes in-stock so you can't use the current conversion rate to determine your cost. Some sites will allow you to pay ahead of time, though only Nippon-Yasan comes to mind at the moment.

am holding out for a vf-4 in fb colors!

If you're waiting for it from Arcadia, you may end up having to put that on your tombstone. :lol:

I'd love/want to see one from Arcadia, but I'm pretty skeptical about its chances.

Just a heads up, but HLJ won't charge you until the item comes in-stock so you can't use the current conversion rate to determine your cost. Some sites will allow you to pay ahead of time, though only Nippon-Yasan comes to mind at the moment.

If you're waiting for it from Arcadia, you may end up having to put that on your tombstone. :lol:

I'd love/want to see one from Arcadia, but I'm pretty skeptical about its chances.

Never say never! :p

Desperation (if that ever happens to arcadia) is the mother of invention... ;)

Like I said about a week ago, I cancelled mine. Yes, it costs less then a 0, but I'm still not taking the chance, I would never take the chance on any figure that costs over $150, plus, out of principle, I've decided to not give Arcadia another dime. Hopefully they die off and Bandai can pick up what licenses they have to bolster their Hi-Metal R line, Hi-Metal 0s and a VF-4 would be awesome. Such a shame too, the price is very right, but after this big VF-0 debacle, I just can't do it, I'm done with 1/60 scale.

But Bandai already DOES have the VF-0 and VF-4 license for the HMR line. And they've showed mockups at Tamashii Nations. Of course, they will never make it to market if other releases in the line don't meet their business projections.

Licenses are different depending on scale and format(toy or model).

And what Arcadia does has very little impact on Bandai. While there is some overlap they also target quite different markets. It's kinda like comparing Figmas to Hot Toys.

So, long story short, support your chosen line and there's a good chance you'll get what you want. There's no need to wish ill on Arcadia. And even better, everyone wins!

Edited by Tochiro

I would go for it. I sadly passed on the first release and was bummed out when I saw all the video reviews. Such a nice transformation sequence and an impossible sleek Fighter-Mode draw me immediately to this release. The VF-4 also never caught my attention but seeing it put through its paces made me want it ever since.

In my opinion the toy has its flaws like having no locking points for all the small wings and canards or missing mounting points for a gun-pod or missiles, the flaps that don't tuck away nicely in Gerwalk-Mode and the missing swivel on the forearms.

I think a Macross collector should have a representation of the VF-4 in his collection because it is so different in its transformation and it shows what Kawamori is capable of outside the traditional transformation of a F-14 Tomcat derivate. It has a cockpit that stays leveled in all modes and its arms in a unique position. It is probably also the only Valkyrie where it is beneficial to leave the intake covers off all the time. ^_^

[edit:]I forgot the small hands and the missing locking points for the inner forearms as potential issues. Also the conformal missiles pop out easily but this might be fixed with the reissue.

Edited by Scyla