1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Yeah, and that also explains the VF-4's lower price compared to the 0. They changed nothing about the mold.

Now we just have to worry about their choice of plastic, and their changed QC methods.

Yeah, and that also explains the VF-4's lower price compared to the 0. They changed nothing about the mold.

Now we just have to worry about their choice of plastic, and their changed QC methods.

Not to mention the 'loose' missiles. ;)

Yeah, I don't expect any problems with them redesigning things really, I just have zero faith in their QC processes right now. I just get antsy about people "improving" things that never had any problems to begin with.

Missiles are really easy to fix though, I just folded a tiny piece of tape over the tabs. Took like 5 minutes, and they're rock solid in the slots now, and still removeable. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Yeah, I don't expect any problems with them redesigning things really, I just have zero faith in their QC processes right now.

Missiles are really easy to fix though, I just folded a tiny piece of tape over the tabs, took like 5 minutes, and they're rock solid in the slots now, and still removeable. :)

If I remember correctly one member hat the arm of the Yamato VF-4G fall off die to air bubbles inside the diecast piece. Maybe now all arms will fall off an all the units.

The positive aspect of this would be that we could glue the arms into a position that mimics the line-art. ^_^ The missing biceps swivel seems to be one of the biggest cons of the toy.

There's two worries, QC policy differences between Yamato and Arcadia and their choice of plastic quality (which really just factors into QC.) Otherwise nothing has changed except the missiles should hold better (according to Mr K.)

The positive aspect of this would be that we could glue the arms into a position that mimics the line-art. ^_^ The missing biceps swivel seems to be one of the biggest cons of the toy.

It's the forearm that needs to rotate, not the bicep.

There's two worries, QC policy differences between Yamato and Arcadia and their choice of plastic quality (which really just factors into QC.) Otherwise nothing has changed except the missiles should hold better (according to Mr K.)

It's the forearm that needs to rotate, not the bicep.

Thanks, now I understand the issue better.

Like I said about a week ago, I cancelled mine. Yes, it costs less then a 0, but I'm still not taking the chance, I would never take the chance on any figure that costs over $150, plus, out of principle, I've decided to not give Arcadia another dime. Hopefully they die off and Bandai can pick up what licenses they have to bolster their Hi-Metal R line, Hi-Metal 0s and a VF-4 would be awesome. Such a shame too, the price is very right, but after this big VF-0 debacle, I just can't do it, I'm done with 1/60 scale.

Like I said about a week ago, I cancelled mine. Yes, it costs less then a 0, but I'm still not taking the chance, I would never take the chance on any figure that costs over $150, plus, out of principle, I've decided to not give Arcadia another dime. Hopefully they die off and Bandai can pick up what licenses they have to bolster their Hi-Metal R line, Hi-Metal 0s and a VF-4 would be awesome. Such a shame too, the price is very right, but after this big VF-0 debacle, I just can't do it, I'm done with 1/60 scale.

The previous VF-4 hasn't had any problems, this is just unnecessary hyperventilating.

Hoping Arcadia dies just so you can get more Hi-Metals is stupid.

I agree that this is not a good approach. Bandai is known for showing of prototypes that never see the light of day (I still want a S.H.Monsterarts Vajra). They also like to kill products lines that don't sell well. Keep in mind that everything that was shown on the exhibit in the end of October where 3D printed prototypes.I would not bank on Bandai releasing those.

Arcadia (through their Yamato history) has a proven track record that they will release even obscure Valkyries as a small run whereas Bandai seems to focus on the stuff that will sell as a bulk.

The Arcadia VF-4G might be the only way to get a representation of this Valkyrie. Plus the VF-4G has a fixed release date and the factories in China might retooling their production floor at this very moment so that the toy can be produced.

I'm taking my chances with Arcadias offering because I remember what happened the last time.

its like reading a TFW board discussion here these days here. "QC" has nothing to do with plastic type or quality. that is something that is a design consideration. an engineering print will call out explicitly the type, grade, etc of plastic. any change to a specification on the print would require an engeinering change notice. the only exception is if one thing is specified on the print and another thing is actually used in real life and nobody checked to make sure there was conformance. the vf-0 issue seems to be a bad design as well. they've simply designed something that is too hard to actually make work over a statistically significant population. reading about their "yields" has me doubt their design prowess more than the factory's competence. as far as the VF-4, if nothing in the design/tooling has changed, i doubt we will suddenly see big vf-0 like problems.

its like reading a TFW board discussion here these days here. "QC" has nothing to do with plastic type or quality. that is something that is a design consideration. an engineering print will call out explicitly the type, grade, etc of plastic. any change to a specification on the print would require an engeinering change notice. the only exception is if one thing is specified on the print and another thing is actually used in real life and nobody checked to make sure there was conformance. the vf-0 issue seems to be a bad design as well. they've simply designed something that is too hard to actually make work over a statistically significant population. reading about their "yields" has me doubt their design prowess more than the factory's competence. as far as the VF-4, if nothing in the design/tooling has changed, i doubt we will suddenly see big vf-0 like problems.

I guess you're right, that isn't really QC at that point. Quality Control is just the final verification of manufacture at the plant. I got that wrong.

Regardless, I'd like to add that Arcadia has reissued three VF-1's and the VF-19 plus they've released the YF-19 based heavily around the VF series. Save for the continued problem with the ankles on the 19 series and the dumb move to not have a locking swing bar on the YF-19, none of their other releases (especially those that are specifically re-releases) have had any sort of massive failure or quality issue. There's zero reason to assume because of problems with the 0's that the VF-4 will be some disintegrating POS given the original didn't have any issues and it's just a lot of bucket-on-head panic.

I guess you're right, that isn't really QC at that point. Quality Control is just the final verification of manufacture at the plant. I got that wrong.

Regardless, I'd like to add that Arcadia has reissued three VF-1's and the VF-19 plus they've released the YF-19 based heavily around the VF series. Save for the continued problem with the ankles on the 19 series and the dumb move to not have a locking swing bar on the YF-19, none of their other releases (especially those that are specifically re-releases) have had any sort of massive failure or quality issue. There's zero reason to assume because of problems with the 0's that the VF-4 will be some disintegrating POS given the original didn't have any issues and it's just a lot of bucket-on-head panic.

Regardless, pass. Arcadia's QC process is different from Yamato's by their own admission, I have no faith in their ability to re-create exactly what Yamato did based on the releases they've put out. Bad ankles still persist on 19s, 0s are legless messes and are worse then what Yamato put out, pink VF-1s, misinformation and a general lack of information on proper color and tampo, remember the 1J grey goggle mess? I stick by what I said, give it all to Bandai, I'm personally done with Arcadia and 1/60, and I stand by that, stupid opinion or not. If the VF-4 is fine and I don't get one, so be it, shame on me I guess, however, I won't lose sleep over it. Arcadia has proven, in my eyes, that they no longer deserve any money, especially compared to what Bandai is putting out at Bandai's price points.

What kind of fool wants less competition? :p

The kind that isn't willing to gamble on several hundred dollar plastic transforming jet toy releases. Like I said, if the VF-4 is fine, great for those that got one. I'm not taking that chance, I'm loving the Hi-Metal stuff, if we could get everything Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai put out in that line I'd lose my mind, supporting it will get this, Arcadia failing will accelerate this, and they currently appear to be floundering with their embarrassing, awkward colored 0 releases.

Edited by Tking22

I can't help but think that the bizarre half plastic/half metal hybrid design of the VF0 hips was a reaction to the call for tighter joints.

Been thinking about possible schemes. Need some info;

1. Source of black/clear or black/white UNS kite logos? Not low-vis grey, need BLACK.

2. Are the ventral fins easily removable? Both to paint them, and the rear leg stripes they cover. Similar question for tailfins and canards.

3. Are the fuselage sides prone to being scratched? The under-cockpit area, etc.

Been thinking about possible schemes. Need some info;

1. Source of black/clear or black/white UNS kite logos? Not low-vis grey, need BLACK.

2. Are the ventral fins easily removable? Both to paint them, and the rear leg stripes they cover. Similar question for tailfins and canards.

3. Are the fuselage sides prone to being scratched? The under-cockpit area, etc.

Hey David. I just have answer on number 2 and 3 for now.

2. Yes, the ventral fins can easily remove via one part cover from the leg stripes (maroon part). As for the rest of that maroon part stripes on the leg, not sure if they can all be removed for painting. If not, then have to do some 'masking'. As for the main tail fins, yes, it can easily be removed too. Just pull it upward. The fins on the canards not sure if it can be removed. I have a feeling that it has a 'stopper' inside the canard. You can wiggle it but I don't suggest on pulling it too hard.

3. As for the fuselage/cockpit/nosecone area, under the nosecone it might since you have to insert the locking peg during battroid mode. Cockpit area, the only thing I can see that it might get scratch is the indented areas on the side where you lock the tabs from under the torso. Under the cockpit where it rest on the folding joint area from under the plane, I can say like a minor scratching can happen and this due to mishandling. But if you rest the cockpit properly and carefully, I don't think it will have a scratch.

I will double check when I get home later. Hope that helps. ;)

Yeah, screw Arcadia! Bandai never has and never will cut corners on any release! :lol:

No one said they don't or wouldn't. And yet, over all of their releases they still have a better track record then the very short time Arcadia has been putting out supposedly high-end collectibles, so I'm not too sure what you're laughing about. Hopefully the VF-4 is fine, I still have little faith they won't screw something up, here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Aside from the entire VF-25 Version 1 debacle, that is. Still, Bandai has gotten better over the last few years. Somehow, Arcadia's gotten worse. Or unlucky. Either way, I'm getting my VF-4, but I'll be more careful with it than I am my CF 1A.

Aside from the entire VF-25 Version 1 debacle, that is. Still, Bandai has gotten better over the last few years. Somehow, Arcadia's gotten worse. Or unlucky. Either way, I'm getting my VF-4, but I'll be more careful with it than I am my CF 1A.

I don't know if Arcadias issues are worse than Yamatos ever where. Remember the VF-0 arms, the VF-1 V2 initial shoulder hinges, the ankles on the VF-19 (the same problem Arcadias YF-19 has). So far Arcadia released the VF-1 which had no issues, the YF-19/VF-19 Kai that had issues inherited from the Yamato VF-19 and the VF-0 Renewal that have error prone hip designs.

As far as I understand it none of these designs where originally from Arcadia so I don't know if you can make a judgment if they are better or worse than Yamato especially since the people in charge are the same. I think all the issues that the Arcadia releases have are due do poor design choices and not qc issues. None of them would happen if they designed the parts differently.

I think the way Yamato went down with an error free releases (the VF-17 and VF-4G) let us look back at them with rose-colored glasses.

Edited by Scyla

I don't know if Arcadias issues are worse than Yamatos ever where. Remember the VF-0 arms, the VF-1 V2 initial shoulder hinges, the ankles on the VF-19 (the same problem Arcadias YF-19 has). So far Arcadia released the VF-1 which had no issues, the YF-19/VF-19 Kai that had issues inherited from the Yamato VF-19 and the VF-0 Renewal that have error prone hip designs.

As far as I understand it none of these designs where originally from Arcadia so I don't know if you can make a judgment if they are better or worse than Yamato especially since the people in charge are the same. I think all the issues that the Arcadia releases have are due do poor design choices and not qc issues. None of them would happen if they designed the parts differently.

I think the way Yamato went down with two error free releases (the VF-17 and VF-4G) let us look back at them with rose-colored glasses.

If you're going to knock the 19's for errors in their Ankle design then the 17 doesn't come out unscathed either given it uses the exact same assembly.

If you're going to knock the 19's for errors in their Ankle design then the 17 doesn't come out unscathed either given it uses the exact same assembly.

Fair enough. However I'm not familiar with any ankle issues on the VF-17 where for the VF/YF-19 there are reports on floppy ankles. Maybe it has to do with the leg configuration in Gerwalk-Mode since the VF-19 looks terrible without an aggressive stance.

Fair enough. However I'm not familiar with any ankle issues on the VF-17 where for the VF/YF-19 there are reports on floppy ankles. Maybe it has to do with the leg configuration in Gerwalk-Mode since the VF-19 looks terrible without an aggressive stance.

My 17's ankles are super loose already after being untouched for more than a year. Even looser than the Bandai stuff. The difference is I don't think I can disassemble the 17's ankle joint to tighten it up.

My 17's ankles are super loose already after being untouched for more than a year. Even looser than the Bandai stuff. The difference is I don't think I can disassemble the 17's ankle joint to tighten it up.

Thank you for the insight. I've edited my original post.

If you're already wanting the Hi-Metal R line, which is 1/100, what's the point of whining about something you're not going to give any money to? Bandai seems to already have the line in 1/100, so I don't see what the point of this is. I do predict that the Hi-Metal line may end up dying off though. After so many years of larger scale Valkyries, I just don't see too many people needing to flock to lower scale stuff. Sure they're less expensive, but they didn't make the cut a couple years ago, and it's only gonna take one release that doesn't sell well for them to reconsider.

On a side note, I haven't had a single issue with any of the 0 line. I'm pretty sure the VF-4G is going to be the exact same as it was before. Seems like premature panic, but it's nothing to worry about. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I know the 1/100s are definitely not for me.

I've heard so few complaints about the VF-4G release by Yamato, I really have no reason to worry about this. They are the exact same molds, and most likely use the exact same processes and materials as before. I have yet to have any issues with Arcadia products, so I'm either lucky, or I got good quality items as I did before.

If you're already wanting the Hi-Metal R line, which is 1/100, what's the point of whining about something you're not going to give any money to? Bandai seems to already have the line in 1/100, so I don't see what the point of this is. I do predict that the Hi-Metal line may end up dying off though. After so many years of larger scale Valkyries, I just don't see too many people needing to flock to lower scale stuff. Sure they're less expensive, but they didn't make the cut a couple years ago, and it's only gonna take one release that doesn't sell well for them to reconsider.

Why I'm holding on to my 1/60 destroids till all the HMR destroids are actually released.

Bandai does not tolerate failure.

https://youtu.be/jLaCqrisEac?t=22s

On a side note, I haven't had a single issue with any of the 0 line. I'm pretty sure the VF-4G is going to be the exact same as it was before. Seems like premature panic, but it's nothing to worry about. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I know the 1/100s are definitely not for me.

I've heard so few complaints about the VF-4G release by Yamato, I really have no reason to worry about this. They are the exact same molds, and most likely use the exact same processes and materials as before. I have yet to have any issues with Arcadia products, so I'm either lucky, or I got good quality items as I did before.

Because I was going to get a VF-4 to be my only 1/60 valk, but now I'm not willing to take the chance, and this is a public forum ,where you post these kinds of things, like opinions. I had no idea my disdain for Arcadia and my passing on this valk would cause people to whine back.