1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

If I had nothing but endless time and money, I would buy about six of these and do all custom paint jobs on them including Max, Millia, a dark grey low vis, a Roy scheme and whatever else I thought might look really cool...

Edited by derex3592

Could someone who has one, measure the tailfins? I'd like to know exactly how big they are, for planning decals etc to use. 1/72 F-14 vs 1/48 F-18 markings, etc. Would like to know height, front-to back at both top and bottom, and front-to-leading-edge-of rudder at top and bottom.

If I had nothing but endless time and money, I would buy about six of these and do all custom paint jobs on them including Max, Millia, a dark grey low vis, a Roy scheme and whatever else I thought might look really cool...

Somebody get Kicker, we need to live vicariously!

Could someone who has one, measure the tailfins? I'd like to know exactly how big they are, for planning decals etc to use. 1/72 F-14 vs 1/48 F-18 markings, etc. Would like to know height, front-to back at both top and bottom, and front-to-leading-edge-of rudder at top and bottom.

I don't know if I'll have time today, but if not, send me a pm, and remind me. I should be able to do this if my digital calipers are easy to find amongst my messy house.

I used 1/72 decals on mine.

To be fair, so was the original VF-0. Didn't stop them from "improving" the parts that never had problems in the first place. <_<

Guess only time will tell if they changed anything, but I hope they were smart enough to leave well enough alone. This mold really shouldn't need anything changed.

To be fair, so was the original VF-0. Didn't stop them from "improving" the parts that never had problems in the first place. <_<

Guess only time will tell if they changed anything, but I hope they were smart enough to leave well enough alone. This mold really shouldn't need anything changed.

The VF-4 and 0 aren't in the same boat. The VF-0 is an entirely new mold, the VF-4 is just a reissue.

The VF-4 and 0 aren't in the same boat. The VF-0 is an entirely new mold, the VF-4 is just a reissue.

Wait.

I thought the VF-0A's new mold is only the shrunken chest.

The rest are of the same design as the old one, but just using new materials, which includes the "improved" joints that is causing the current 0A's leg issue.

Is that not true?

Edited by treatment

Wait.

I thought the VF-0A's new mold is only the shrunken chest.

The rest are of the same design as the old one, but just using new materials, which includes the "improved" joints that is causing the current 0A's leg issue.

Is that not true?

Nope. Everything on the VF-0 is new mold. I can't say the rest are of the same design of the old just using new materials. It's more like 'refined/fine-tuned' based on the old design so everything is new. And this is based on my Yamato VF-0S and Arcadia VF-0A.

I'm more concerned about the "improved joints" (or "refined/fine-tuned") mechanism since that is causing the hips-joint/leg-issue on the new 0A.

The Arcadia YF-19 was a new mould also (even if based on the old VF-19), but it has sucktacular ankle-joints as reported here.

Heck! Their VF-1 was the old mould, but came out pink! :bump:

Edited by treatment

I'm more concerned about the "improved joints" (or "refined/fine-tuned") mechanism since that is causing the hips-joint/leg-issue on the new 0A.

The Arcadia YF-19 was a new mould also (even if based on the old VF-19), but it has sucktacular ankle-joints as reported here.

Heck! Their VF-1 was the old mould, but came out pink! :bump:

Hahaha! Well, atleast they made their VF-1 pink perfect. :lol: