1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Ordered one from NY, not missing out again on this one!

Can't believe Amiami's price BS though, basically they're asking foreigners to pay an extra VTA too, right? HLJ and HS listed it at 27K with no discount at all and yet Amiami's pricing is a bit above that and they even pretend to be discounting 6% ???

Edited by Frogze

Ordered one from NY, not missing out again on this one!

Can't believe Amiami's price BS though, basically they're asking foreigners to pay an extra VTA too, right? HLJ and HS listed it at 27K with no discount at all and yet Amiami's pricing is a bit above that and they even pretend to be discounting 6% ???

Amiami include the 8% Japanese sales tax in their price. They shouldn't be doing so when selling to foreign customers but do so anyway.

Amiami include the 8% Japanese sales tax in their price. They shouldn't be doing so when selling to foreign customers but do so anyway.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. It's kind of silly from them, I wonder if they'll be doing it on all their products from now on...

When it comes to pricing it seems like from least expensive to most expensive the ordering goes: Amiami, HLJ, CDJapan, Nippon-Yasan. I pre-ordered mine from HLJ as I like their warehouse option. I want to say with the yen-dollar rate, this thing is cheaper than when the yamato version was released.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. It's kind of silly from them, I wonder if they'll be doing it on all their products from now on...

I think they've always done this, or at least since the Japanese sales tax increased from 5% to 8% in Apr 14.

Will be worse when it increases to 10% in Apr 17.

The Yamato one supposedly was great, so then this will likely be great too. The HMR one is still an unknown and far into the future, so I'll keep my Arcadia pre-order. If Arcadia is wise, they'll try to release a FB2012 re-color before Bandai to stay competetive. Then the HMR one will be highly redundant for me.

The Yamato one supposedly was great, so then this will likely be great too. The HMR one is still an unknown and far into the future, so I'll keep my Arcadia pre-order. If Arcadia is wise, they'll try to release a FB2012 re-color before Bandai to stay competetive. Then the HMR one will be highly redundant for me.

Let's just hope they will get approval on the license first coz that's the only thing preventing them to do the FB2012 version. As of now, we're not sure what the deal made by Bandai and Big West for Bandai to make the HMR version. If it's transformable then it's safe to assume that Arcadia can't afford the amount that BW wants. Whereas Bandai is a big company so they have more moola than Arcadia for them to pay the rights. But yeah, even there's an HMR version, once Arcadia made the FB2012 version for this it's going to be an instant winner for them. ;)

Yeah I went ahead and cancelled mine too, sounded good for a bit, but I'm all in on the Hi-Metal line, dumping 1/60. And if Hi-Metal doesn't get around to the VF-4, oh well, I'm still not keeping a random 1/60 in my collection, especially one at Arcadia's pricing, and that I only like in a single mode.

Yeah I went ahead and cancelled mine too, sounded good for a bit, but I'm all in on the Hi-Metal line, dumping 1/60. And if Hi-Metal doesn't get around to the VF-4, oh well, I'm still not keeping a random 1/60 in my collection, especially one at Arcadia's pricing, and that I only like in a single mode.

Not trying to convince you or anything, you like what you like and you're 100% entitled to spend your dollars as you see fit.

But I'm going to try and convince you, or anyone else that's reading this thread. B))

Regarding the pricing point for Arcadia's VF-4G, it's retailing for about $ 225 before shipping on HLJ, IIRC this is less expensive then it's initial Yamato release (because of currency conversion) and less than the VF-0A/0S respectively - which I've personally passed on because of the cost.

Depending on how strong your affinity for Macross is, I'd recommend you reconsider adding this to your collection. Just from a collector's point of view with respect to rarity and quality of design and implementation (in a large-scale, perfect transformation format). Granted it's only an assumption that the Arcadia iteration will be as good as Yamato's, but it's a reasonable one to make.

It's an awfully nice figure to pass up on, especially if the determining factor is that the same Valkyrie design will be available in a smaller format (and all of the design sacrifices that go along with that).

For $ 225 - it's almost like they're giving this thing away. Almost.

*it's also only $ 30 less than Bandai's VF-19 Advance's retail price - also an awesome figure

-b.

Not trying to convince you or anything, you like what you like and you're 100% entitled to spend your dollars as you see fit.

But I'm going to try and convince you, or anyone else that's reading this thread. B))

Regarding the pricing point for Arcadia's VF-4G, it's retailing for about $ 225 before shipping on HLJ, IIRC this is less expensive then it's initial Yamato release (because of currency conversion) and less than the VF-0A/0S respectively - which I've personally passed on because of the cost.

Depending on how strong your affinity for Macross is, I'd recommend you reconsider adding this to your collection. Just from a collector's point of view with respect to rarity and quality of design and implementation (in a large-scale, perfect transformation format). Granted it's only an assumption that the Arcadia iteration will be as good as Yamato's, but it's a reasonable one to make.

It's an awfully nice figure to pass up on, especially if the determining factor is that the same Valkyrie design will be available in a smaller format (and all of the design sacrifices that go along with that).

For $ 225 - it's almost like they're giving this thing away. Almost.

*it's also only $ 30 less than Bandai's VF-19 Advance's retail price - also an awesome figure

-b.

I second to that. I'm backing up Mr.B on this one. ;)

I second to that. I'm backing up Mr.B on this one. ;)

Thanks Noel!

It also most likely would not get loosey-goosey quickly like the DX-Chogokin valks.

Everything has it's flaws and pros and cons, I only argue that the Arcadia VF-4G should be really nice. I've had some good and bad from both companies. :ph34r:

And again, relatively speaking, the cost to acquire isn't much at all. And I'd guess a Hi Metal R VF-4 would be at around $ 100 + shipping (I'm assuming a higher cost than a bare VF-1).

-b.

If all modes look good, then the cost to acquire isn't much at all.

If it only ever looks good in one mode, then the cost to acquire becomes quite much alot...

You know, that really is an excellent good point but that's all relative to whoever is spending the money.

-b.

If all modes look good, then the cost to acquire isn't much at all.

If it only ever looks good in one mode, then the cost to acquire becomes quite much alot...

but the VF-4 looks good in every mode and from every angle. :ph34r:

but the VF-4 looks good in every mode and from every angle. :ph34r:

Oh yes it is. ;)

Does this come with flight stand?

It only comes with the display stand adapters.

Now I am scared that Arcadia will throw in the towel and not release the armor pack and the SV-51 v2s.

Don't fret. For sure they will still make money out if this release to make the Reactive Armor. But for SV-51? No news on that if ever that will be made. Mr.K only expresses that he would like to revisit it someday.