1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Thats what I said a long time ago. From what i had heard, myself from digging around is that FB2012 is a clusterf***. Apparently some of the artists and song writers hold a piece of the pie. Not just a matter of coops between studios.

Thats the best i could do with limited language knowledge. It was enough that i stopped digging.

I don't think he's misunderstanding, I think he's just adding a bit of real world flavor to my speculation that ends at approximately the same place. The existence of a gashapon VF-4 in DYRL scheme doesn't really tell us anything about the possibility of a more deluxe toy ever bearing that paint scheme and doesn't indicate that Bandai has any rights locked up or anything like that.

I still think that BW doesn't have the rights sorted out themselves and so they can't license it... but that's again just me speculating. I can't think of any other reason why they'd choose not to get ANY money from the license instead of whatever Arcadia would be willing to pay.

That's exactly what I meant, right on the head. I'm far from a perfect expert on the japanese toy market, but my understanding is that the licencing restrictions for Gashapon style figures are much, much looser, as nobody really expects that to be a particularly large market. It's the same way we look at say, T-shirt sales here. Like a fringe benefit, which as the man said, puts us exactly in the same spot.

I rather suspect the same thing in regards to FB2012's licencing issues, and Skullmilitia adds a good bonus point to that. Older music rights can be a lot harder to clear than you'd think, since in so many cases the original copyright holders have either defaulted and sold their rights to other firms, or music rights now lay with estates rather than the original composers/arrangers/singers/whoever else is involved. A kind of similar snafu happened with the localization of Zeta Gundam, where Bandai of America couldn't secure any of the music rights and had to ship the US DVDs with certain audio-tracks replaced with alternative recordings (Something I'm still disapointed with over a decade later, hrmph)

If the FB2012 rights are as convoluted as that, it doesn't surprise me in the least that there might be too much red-tape attached to make it worthwhile.

So, BW just didn't understand copy right laws or something back in the 80s?

They had problems with the original Macross with HG, and now I heard the rights to FB2012 is also a big mess.

Copyright laws were different in the 80s. It was the same climate that allowed Takara to release the entire pre-G1 transformers line with unauthorized/unlicenced automotive likenesses. It's less that nobody understood copyright laws and more that nobody really expected the home video market to actually become a factor. Macross was made as a one-and-done sort of thing, make a TV show, air it a few runs, sell some toys, move on to the next. The copyrights weren't really locked down satisfactorily, likely, because nobody thought it would matter. This was only a decade or so after the BBC was outright deleting old Doctor Who episodes because they figured they'd never need them again, so the global climate regarding TV distributuion rights was just a liiiiittle bit different! <_< They sure didn't anticipate there ever being sequels or a company producing high-end-collectables 30 years later. Hell, the Tatsunoko Vs. Big West thing wasn't even settled until the 00s.

With all the talk of Arcadia likely not releasing a FB2012 variant I'm strongly thinking about getting this VFX release.

I know I'll have fun converting it into the FB2012 paint scheme :D

At the very least, just repainting the nose yellow, the upper stabilizers black, and throwing on some skull decals makes it look 10x better and is pretty easy to do. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

At the very least, just repainting the nose yellow, the upper stabilizers black, and throwing on some skull decals makes it look 10x better and is pretty easy to do. :)

just no brown feet :D:lol:

Yes! Gotta figure out how much to get. Thanks for the heads up! Now to figure out how to afford them! I hope this release helps Arcadia out for future releases.

Edited by wmkjr

Awesome price. Glad it isn't over priced.

I think I'm in for one now

Gunpod not a big deal for me. Planning on displaying in fighter mode only :D

HLJ order for me

You know I can't leave it at just that. I got go all the way. Panel lining, weathering, dry brushing, the whole shabang! :p

Edited by eggy99

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's a pleasant surprise. These were going for 25,700 (excluding discounts) 3 years ago so it's only a 5% bump.

i'm going to have to disagree with you there. Mr. K is taking account of inflation. it's much cheaper than the 330usd that the yamato was.

(if we don't take into account inflation: we can claim big macs were just 25 cents back in the day)

i take it we wont be able to source it then if we go thru the online retailers?

yeah, but no biggie, it's just a standard vf-1 gun pod

i'm going to have to disagree with you there. Mr. K is taking account of inflation. it's much cheaper than the 330usd that the yamato was.

(if we don't take into account inflation: we can claim big macs were just 25 cents back in the day)

yeah, but no biggie, it's just a standard vf-1 gun pod

There's nothing to disagree with since I'm merely stating the figures. :lol:

Apple to apple, it's a 5.1% increase in price (in yen) without taking inflation into account.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Guest davidwhangchoi

There's nothing to disagree with since I'm merely stating the figures. :lol:

Apple to apple, it's a 5.1% increase in price without taking inflation into account.

1000yen in 1980 does not equal 1000yen in 2015.

neither does 27000yen in 2013 = 27000yen in 2015. the yen is weak to other currencies right now. especially since it's being made in china i'm sure the prices have to increase due to the exchange rate is weak against the yuan.

this is definitely a decrease in price almost 90- 100 usd.

but whatever, the bottom line it's cheaper... after some discounts this will be around 230 shipped. but that may not be the case for all exchange rates against the yen in other countries...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

27000 yen MSRP. So, that's about $225 USD for this Arcadia VF-4.

Well, I am officially all in for this release. I can hear a collective sigh of reliefs over the pricing of this valk. :ph34r:

I'm not really that excited about the gun pod that came with ordering through Arcadia, since it won't ever transform into that ugly battroid or weird looking gerwalk mode. :lol:

Arcadia page shows the price of the VF-4G will be 27,000円 and will be released in Feb. This will be my birthday present to myself, maybe even 2 of them. :D

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=228

Thanks for the headsup on the price, Saburo. Looks like I'm IN for my 3rd one because of the price. If the Arcadia box looks great, 4th one. ;)

crikey! only 27k yen! that is quite a bit cheaper than I was expecting! That's still a just over $300 toy (give or take) for us Aussies which I guess ain't tooooo bad. Definitely worth some consideration.

So from what I gather from the translation, only the first 20 ordered online from the site get the bonus gunpod? :huh: If so that's an extremely limited offer! Geez Arcadia can be quite the tight arse.. I guess none of us mere mortals (outside of japan) will get even a remote shot of that opportunity.. <_<

I think most folks would have been happy to pay an extra 1000k yen on top of the price for the inclusion of the gunpod as standard. Wouldn't you all agree? I mean seriously how much can that gun pod be actually worth to manufacture?

Then again it does have the unspacy logo tampo'd on it and we all know how Arcadia likes to keep tampo printing to the bare minimum.. :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner76

So it's about the same asking price as when the Yamato one was released but due to the current exchange rate (for US folks) it's turns out to be cheaper than the Yamato version. Hopefully it can bring in folks who missed the first one.

You know I can't leave it at just that. I got go all the way. Panel lining, weathering, dry brushing, the whole shabang! :p

Oh I know the feeling all too well. :)

P1080929_zps2tqyeekp.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

I plan on revisiting the VF-4 and doing a better job than I did the first time around once I get Arcadia's rereleases. No grey VF-4 noses in my house, good sir!

one thing i have learned in collecting over the past decade is that most of the time, patience instead of paying inflated secondary market prices pays off :)

long shot, but hope they'd redo the SDF1 too...never say never!

I hear ya....its generally the case... though there is one which has been rare to catch which i hope they will re-release...virgin road.... ;):(

Edited by seti88

Much cheaper than I thought it would be. I'm in for one.

Oh, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but pre-orders start Monday, the 26th.

Edited by Sildani