New tru scale 1/72nd Realgult pod pattern.

mslz22

I made an offer but did not hear back from him,  I guess someone else made him a better offer.  Either way i will still be offering this,  John's are fantastic,  which is why i would have purchased the patterns given the chance,  but these are different enough to justify a release.  Like I have stated these are a bit bigger and very different in parts breakdown.  I am doing some painting on it today and it's really nice to have minimal tape work.

These will not be able to have an interior or pilot with the rotocast head,  so John's are the way to go if you want that.

looking forward to seeing yours, especially if it towers over the Valks

Edited by NZEOD

• 2 weeks later...

That looks fantastic! The proportions, relative to the Battroid, look much more in line with what I think of from the animation, and just logically, considering the size of the pilot that has to fit inside, this "works" much better for me personally. Count me in for two!

The only minor suggestion I have to offer is that it might look better if the single "toe" extended out a little further. It looks a little stunted to me. The animation (and most of the toys and models I've liked at) appear to portray it as longer, like this example from the Mecha Manual:

reguld.gif

It also appears to have a joint or gasket that connects it to the foot and blends things together a little more. I know this is just a test shot, so you might already be thinking about that, in which case, disregard my comments! Looks great!

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

That looks fantastic! The proportions, relative to the Battroid, look much more in line with what I think of from the animation, and just logically, considering the size of the pilot that has to fit inside, this "works" much better for me personally. Count me in for two!

The only minor suggestion I have to offer is that it might look better if the single "toe" extended out a little further. It looks a little stunted to me. The animation (and most of the toys and models I've liked at) appear to portray it as longer, like this example from the Mecha Manual:

reguld.gif

It also appears to have a joint or gasket that connects it to the foot and blends things together a little more. I know this is just a test shot, so you might already be thinking about that, in which case, disregard my comments! Looks great!

Thanks,  without getting too deep,  there is a couple of things going on with the overall design and the compromises and artistic license I took when doing the build.  I'm  happy to list them when i get a minute.  But in regard to the toe,  there are 2 things going on.  First is that it's a copy of the toe in the line art instead of the box animations.  I have cherry picked from the line art and animation to get the pattern.  See pic below. 

fIUHFA.jpg The other and bigger issue as to why it has none of the "gasket"  parts is that the kit is pose able.  It has ball joints at the hips and at the feet,  so while it still need to be built static,   you have the option of  picking a pose.  Because of that the toe needs to be cast as a separate part and adjusted to the pose you pick.  it's also limited a bit in it's size in how it needs to tuck under the toe cover.   A modeler could add the gasket parts with some apoxy sculpt very easily if they wanted that effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll start taking orders for the standard one next week or so.   I got so busy in the month leading up to Wonderfest it was hard to get to these.

I actually have like 3 or 4 cast up with the exception of the rotocast head.  I can run those off pretty quick.

I still am going to tackle the heavy missile carriers soon as I can. 

I may need to do a paint master on a model for the upcoming Comic Con in San Diego,  something from a galaxy far,  far away.  Those always need to bump other projects but we will see if it gets to me in time for me to even paint.

thanks

mike

Edited by mslz22

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry,  I got super busy with stuff for Comic Con NYC and some other big projects.  I am back doing some casting and can fit a few in if anyone wants them.  $110 each plus shipping,  includes decals.

PM me,  I will check here every couple of days.  I have barely had time to check MW in the last 2 months.  Time goes by too fast!

mike