Macross: Do You Remember Love? Blu-Ray v2 now open for preorder!&#

treatment

I'd say definitely get this version. it's incredible.

And there is the option to get English subtitles from the internet, should you use a digital backup of your blu-ray disc.

How to get English subtitles. Please point me to the right direction. Thanks!!

Watched most of this the other night. Overall a huge improvement from the old DVD I had. I do wish it was sharper in some parts but I do think it is a mix of TWO things.

1.) Looks out of focus on the cell/maybe when it was originally shot/processed?

2.) There is some DNR applied and it seems like sparingly on select scenes as it is not the whole film. THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR THE LEVEL OF THE PREDATOR Ultimate Hunter BD mess.

5.1 DTS-MA mix is very nice though and much appreciated!

The best edition to own of DYRL? is STILL the Perfect Edition CAV LDs. I've had my set since 2001 when I picked it up in a Ikebukuro video store sale box for Y1000.

Silky smooth analogue video (film is analogue), digital audio and the only Macross movie I'll ever need.

Having said that I DID buy the 2005 (?) DVDs for the extras (Skylark stuff was too cool).

Edit: Been reviewing the different versions of DYRL? I have today and I'm reminded of the grain debate when the DVDs came out. There is definately excess and unecessary grain on the HD remaster disc. Definately prefer the LD with proper letterbox as well, and as I said before a much more natural picture. Grain hasn't been played with, it's just right. Love the perfect freeze frame of LD CAV too, been reliving Easter eggs like the Takohai and Buddweiser missiles.

Still love the DVD sets extras though, great having an archive of the Saturn animation without having to play the game through.

Edited by Forper

Yes, I keep on forgetting to post plenty of things. Among them is this:

On this uncensored BD release, check out Minmay's hair (looks greenish) during the time she and Hikaru were trapped, when Minmay was telling about how she left her parents to pursue her singing career.

Can anyone please compare with other versions especially with the PS3 game/BD if her hair really looks greenish instead of dark blue?

Thank you.

I don't have convenient screenshots of that particular scene, but I will say it is common in anime for artists to use different colors to simulate different lighting situations for character clothing and hair and also for characters/objects in the far background. The scenes you're talking about do take place in specialized lighting conditions (lit by gaslight or flashlight only), so the artists and colorists may have used different colors to visually communicate this to the audience. Perhaps this is the case for this sequence?

I did not notice any color discrepancies. I do have my 1080p Plasma pro calibrated though. If you don't want to pro calibrate it you can at least get a disc like the Disney WOW Home Theater Blu Ray to help you dial in the proper settings on your TV. Makes a huge difference.

What I meant was please compare Minmay's hair color on that specific scene with the other Bluray version (PS3 Hybrid) and perhaps the DVD versions and maybe the Laser disc version using the same TV with the same settings with that Specific Scene.

I remember the DVD version showing blueish color. I have yet to revisit the BD hybrid.

If this is the scene you're talking about, I'm sorry to say Minmay's hair looks green-ish in both BD releases:

PS3 hybrid disc:

http://i.imgur.com/pwFWOAB.jpg

Uncensored re-release:

http://i.imgur.com/j7zF0cz.jpg

Oh don't be sorry. I'm actually glad that they are consistent. Thank you. Edited by Bub

You can use these subs, which I timed to the Blu-ray. And yes, you can load them while playing the BD with VLC, assuming you have AnyDVD or another decrypting software running. Just click on "Subtitles", and then on "Add Subtitle File". I prefer Media Player Classic Home Cinema, though.

The link is dead. Is there any chance to get these uploaded once more?

Thanks.

The link is dead. Is there any chance to get these uploaded once more?

Thanks.

I just re-upped the file. You can download it here.

Also, at Anime-Tosho you can find a pack with Live-eviL's subs, which are much better. However, they're timed to the uncut BD, so they won't work with the PS3 hybrid disc unless you re-sync them.

Edited by Zhou

They need more of this stuff in the newer animations:

Macross-DYRL-Uncut-Head-Stomp.PNG

Macross-DYRL-Uncut.PNG

The last time I recall seeing anything remotely gory was Mac+. Was there anything in Zero? Lol, I know 7 definitely didn't have anything like this, lots of rainbows and unicorns, but don't recall any gore. Also don't recall any in Frontier. Haven't started watching Delta.....any good or is it just a rehash of Frontier?

Edited by peter

The last time I recall seeing anything remotely gory was Mac+. Was there anything in Zero?

Yes, When Nora and D.D. Ivanov get wasted by the bird-human... Ivanov especially.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that again, Milia squishing the Zentradi head is perfectly in-character for her badass introductory scene*, but I've only got a mild reaction to the poor chump who is decapitated by the blast door. It's just a bit of gratuitous random gore at that point and I wouldn't really miss it if it was gone.

*: Remaining uncensored is Max's introductory scene, where he pulls a Zentradi out of a Regult before gunpodding the guy in the head.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

• 1 month later...

I just re-upped the file. You can download it here.

Also, at Anime-Tosho you can find a pack with Live-eviL's subs, which are much better. However, they're timed to the uncut BD, so they won't work with the PS3 hybrid disc unless you re-sync them.

Hi Zhou, that re-up is also dead.

Can you do another re-up please?

And also, may I suggest using uploaded.net and rapidgator.net

Those will keep onto the file a lot longer than zippyshare.

Zippy is only for a month for free, whilst the others go on for months.

If you have an account with any of them, then it's indefinitely.

Cheers!

Edited by UnifiedRick&Lisa