Alien: Covenant (formerly known as Prometheus 2)

taksraven

Maybe Trijocon greased the rails to have the ACOG in the film?  

Lol, GM did it with Transformers, so I've always wondered if firearm manufacturers have done the same?

2 hours ago, peter said:

I think it has less to do with that and more with ruining the immersion. They could have dressed it up to look less like an ACOG from today. Alien is suppose to be set in the future so we would expect it to look less like something from today. But they didn't try. The AR-15 posted earlier was just a AR-15. The AUG is just an AUG with stuff on it. The M-41A pulse rifle looks nothing like the Thompson SMG that it was based off of. Han Solo's Star Wars DL-44 hides the C96 Mauser it was based off of.

dont forget the Storm Troopers E-11  Blasters were surplus Sterling Submachine guns.

Although the desert Troopers Heavy weapon was a stock unmodified MG34 Machine gun

Edited by NZEOD

19 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, GM did it with Transformers, so I've always wondered if firearm manufacturers have done the same?

I read in article in a recent Playboy, yes Playboy, where gun manufacturers do pay for their products to be shown in films. A good example is Beretta paid for Ben Foster to use a M9 Beretta in his final scene in Lone Survivor instead of a Sig which is officially issued to the Navy Seals. 

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I read in article in a recent Playboy, yes Playboy, where gun manufacturers do pay for their products to be shown in films. A good example is Beretta paid for Ben Foster to use a M9 Beretta in his final scene in Lone Survivor instead of a Sig which is officially issued to the Navy Seals. 

Sepaking of Berettas, I just bought another one, lol!

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you for posting this new trailer sh9000.

Although my heart bleeds to say this, this last trailer looks just awful. I always wondered why James Franco was in a movie like this and i still don't know. I mean, him being the captain of the ship...it doesn't make any sense, very poor casting choice. Anyway the overall choice of actors seems really lame(except for Fassbender of course. He is always amazing and will probably save the movie). Despite a script with some holes in it and bad dialogue i did like Prometheus but i really don't know how to feel about this now.

What're you talking about?  James Franco in Spider Man 3 was some of the best acting I've ever seen in my entire life.  He's ready for the Alien franchise...

2 hours ago, Ryoma said:

First of all, thank you for posting this new trailer sh9000.

Although my heart bleeds to say this, this last trailer looks just awful. I always wondered why James Franco was in a movie like this and i still don't know. I mean, him being the captain of the ship...it doesn't make any sense, very poor casting choice. Anyway the overall choice of actors seems really lame(except for Fassbender of course. He is always amazing and will probably save the movie). Despite a script with some holes in it and bad dialogue i did like Prometheus but i really don't know how to feel about this now.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I don't really care whether this movie is good or not, I got my fill of Alien films back with the first two, but everybody in their trailer looked and sounded natural and real.  I thought the scene felt great, if a tad bit reminiscent of past things.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I don't really care whether this movie is good or not, I got my fill of Alien films back with the first two, but everybody in their trailer looked and sounded natural and real.  I thought the scene felt great, if a tad bit reminiscent of past things.

I think the movie is miscasted. It's not about the quality of the acting, it's about putting the right people in the right places. 

This trailer proves this film will be the best ALIEN film since Requiem. Seriously, I didn't give a damn about any of the characters in that trailer. It was all so contrived. If Ridley was trying to rehash the 'family meal' scenes in ALIEN and ALIENS then he failed on that.

That being said I'm going to wait till the reviews and word of mouth is good on this film before I pay money to see it in a theater.

On 23/2/2017 at 9:50 PM, Mommar said:

If he can act like a captain then it's good casting.

The only part Franco can play decently is the stoned guy. He is not believable in any other role. I think he did good in the first Spiderman too but that was a long time ago. Since then he had time to destroy his reputation.

I don't even want to talk about McBride. Overweight, with that cowboy hat....it almost looked like a parody to me...God, the first thing i thought was...Spaceballs!

Edited by Ryoma

10 hours ago, Ryoma said:

The only part Franco can play decently is the stoned guy. He is not believable in any other role. I think he did good in the first Spiderman too but that was a long time ago. Since then he had time to destroy his reputation.

I don't even want to talk about McBride. Overweight, with that cowboy hat....it almost looked like a parody to me...God, the first thing i thought was...Spaceballs!

So we've established you want to dislike the movie and will find any slight reason to disregard it.  Good job.

It's exactly the opposite. I want to love this movie! The Alien franchise is what brought me to become a director (mainly theater though). When Prometheus came out i flew from Italy to England just to watch it (the international release was in june, the italian one was in october i think)...i just couldn't wait! If you read my previous posts i only criticized the trailer not the movie and i just wrote that i did not know how to feel about this new release. I really wish it could be a masterpiece, like the first two films. 

What i found despicable is to cast actors who are famous mainly for their roles in comedies(and most of them are almost parodies) in such dramatic roles. Also I did not like Franco in his more dramatic attempts. I think he was good only in Spiderman(the first one) and in 127 hours, well, i appreciated the try but i thought he was not strong enough in order to hold an entire movie on his shoulders. Other smaller movies like Good people, Child of god or the Sound and the fury(among the ones i saw, but there are others) i think they were more than forgettable  

Again, as somebody wrote before take a look at the "dinner scene" in the first and in the second movie. If you compare the three you will notice how much better the old ones work, especially for the perfomances of the actors. I could even go further and tell you that, from a directioral point of view, what i saw in the trailer was not staged well and the geography of the scene was not used in the right way. But this is irrelevant because these are just tecnihcal details and i should watch the entire movie in order to give a more complete critique.

Believe me, I hope with all my heart that the entire cast and crew prove me wrong and that the movie will be great. But what i saw so far does not look good, in my opinion.

I'm curious to see what role our little cutie Noomi Rapace/Dr. Shaw will be playing in this story...

As odd as Danny McBride's casting is I think he will actually make the film better with his humor. Humor helps cut the tension in between tense scenes and Prometheus had none of it. Best example of adding humor is Bill Paxton's Hudson in ALIENS.

Edited by TangledThorns

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Sooo...ok, yeh, it's Alien..on a planet? Another crew gets picked apart one at a time.  I'm all for it, but it doesn't seem to original thus far...Does it link into Prometheus somehow? It better. 

Naomi Rapace and the original android from prometheus will be tying in the Prometheus story...

The first trailer had Walter (David 2.0) meet the original David in a Space Odyssey moment, we also see someone's dog tag in the Engineer's ship, so it should be the one they took at the end of Prometheus.

Biggest unanswered question: Where did David get the Steinway?