Alien: Covenant (formerly known as Prometheus 2)

taksraven

That's kind of what he gets for doing that lol.

Still now we're given a 5th alien film with blomkamp now the 6th. Honestly Prometheus wasn't THAT bad, but certainly was a lot better when you take all the deleted scenes in play.

Here comes a long wait.

Weren't we shown where the xenomorphs came from in Prometheus? And is this a sequel to Prometheus, or Alien? With Ripley? Or connections to Ripley, like maybe her daughter, seeing how she's a popsicle after the first movie? Could this be about her daughter now an adult and going out to space to find her mother, but finding Aliens instead? Could the alien ship found in the first movie be the same one the scientist left on at the end of Prometheus? Maybe she didn't get very far? And if so, what happened to her and David the Head?

So many ?

On Collider, they state that they think that this will be a sequel to Prometheus and not Alien. I think the mention of a sequel to Alien is only fluff to keep the fans interested since Prometheus was such a dud. It believe that his 2 sequels will be released before and after Blomkamps film.

hmmm interesting.. I can't say I was ever a huge fan of Alien 3 so Blomkamps alternate vision could be good if done right. There was plenty still left in Hicks (especially) & Newts characters but to have them killed off before the movie even got going was a shame.

I also hope Blomkamp does eventually make a sequel to District 9..

A new Alien 3 would be awesome!! I totally hated that one and what they did to the characters. There was so much hope at the end of Aliens, that to do nothing but totally sh*t on it was an insult. I would have much rather the franchise had died right there rather than continue to lurch on through the following two wrecks.

I do hope they de-canon 3 and 4 and start fresh. Even if they need new actors to play the parts as its been so long, it can be done right, and it can be done good!

I think Ridley Scott is turning into George Lucas.

Right, because The Martian isn't getting some of the best reviews of his entire career.

Also, note for a mod, the title should read "Alien: Paradise Lost," not "Aliens" plural.

If I had to wager, I'd say the "Alien" bit get dropped before it hits screens.

Edited by Duke Togo

Right, because The Martian isn't getting some of the best reviews of his entire career.

Also, note for a mod, the title should read "Alien: Paradise Lost," not "Aliens" plural.

If I had to wager, I'd say the "Alien" bit get dropped before it hits screens.

In terms of revisiting his past projects and being unable to do anything good with them or make any sense, yes, I'm going to stick by my comment. He should stick to his other projects and stop trying to inject himself back into the Alien world.

In terms of revisiting his past projects and being unable to do anything good with them or make any sense, yes, I'm going to stick by my comment. He should stick to his other projects and stop trying to inject himself back into the Alien world.

Well, we all know who to blame for the problems with Prometheus, and he's not involved anymore.

And Prometheus is his only revisit. I'm not sure what other past history you are referring to.

Edited by Duke Togo

Well, we all know who to blame for the problems with Prometheus, and he's not involved anymore.

And Prometheus is his only revisit. I'm not sure what other past history you are referring to.

Maybe the Blade Runner sequel that isn't even close to being out yet? Or some parallel universe Gladiator 2?

Maybe the Blade Runner sequel that isn't even close to being out yet? Or some parallel universe Gladiator 2?

I actually wanted that, LOL. I remember Crowe and Scott talking about wanting to do it on the Gladiator director's commentary.

Edited by Duke Togo

Can't say either of these ideas sound particularly thrilling, but there is the chance Prometheus 2 might get right what the first got wrong. Even though many of his films have a place in my permanent collection, like Spielberg I'm wary of Scott since it's been a very long time since he's made something I've enjoyed. I'll keep reading for now, might get good.

Can't say either of these ideas sound particularly thrilling, but there is the chance Prometheus 2 might get right what the first got wrong. Even though many of his films have a place in my permanent collection, like Spielberg I'm wary of Scott since it's been a very long time since he's made something I've enjoyed. I'll keep reading for now, might get good.

Not to get off topic, but are you a Kingdom of Heaven director's cut convert?

You're not the first person to tell me to watch it. I am very intrigued. In the film podcast/blogosphere it has quite the reputation as the gold standard for how a home video cut can turn a film around. I've not seen it yet, but given that kind of recommendation I'll definitely watch it.

You're not the first person to tell me to watch it. I am very intrigued. In the film podcast/blogosphere it has quite the reputation as the gold standard for how a home video cut can turn a film around. I've not seen it yet, but given that kind of recommendation I'll definitely watch it.

Orlando Bloom is still Orlando Bloom, but the film as a whole is greatly improved.

How well this movie does is based entirely around how much influence Lindelof will still have over it. A lot of Prometheus starts to make sense when you take the pre-Lindelof script and scenes that were cut or altered into account.

How well this movie does is based entirely around how much influence Lindelof will still have over it. A lot of Prometheus starts to make sense when you take the pre-Lindelof script and scenes that were cut or altered into account.

He's not involved in any way, shape, or form

• 1 month later...

Official Synopsis so far:

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

I'm just hoping Damon Lindelof is not involved this time. He keeps turning his scripts into a theology study.

If Duke's earlier post is correct (and I'm too lazy to look up on my own) he's not involved at all.

I'll reserve judgment until I actually see it in the theater.

-b.

*Edit to add, not getting excited over any trailers and I'll be royally pissed if this ends up getting the Neil B. Aliens movie cancelled altogether versus just being delayed

Edited by Kanedas Bike

The Prometheus script, pre-Lindelof was a great read and a solid story. You can still see aspect of it try and claw their way through his botched doctoring of it. So long as they keep Lindelof and his croanies away, this sounds like it could shape up to be pretty good. Still, too bad it kills the Blomkamp Alien 5 that erases 3 and 4.

*yahn* How many names changes can something go thru?

Many. The last minute (as in a month before release) name change of "Licence To Kill" comes to mind. That name change was sooo late that it messed up with the film's publicity!

Anyhow... the synopsis is interesting. In that it doesn't mention the other survivor. I found her beliefs and David's counterpoints and questioning of it one of, if not the most compelling aspects of the film. It'd be a shame if that aspect doesn't appear in the "sequel".