Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

Just as a tip, check carefully before you cut the parts off the sprues for these! 95 percent of the parts make it possible to snip off from the back/bottom of the part, not leaving any visible cut mark. I still recommend a good pair of Xuron sprue cutters for this.

That's cool if that works for you, I'm old and have fat fingers..LOL. I wish Bandai would adopt the Tomytec method of parts attachment to sprues, It's the best I've seen. I was shocked by how well the method they employ works!

I really hope they give us a VF-1D and lots and lots of other stuff as well!..enemy mecha???!! These little buggers are addictive!

Edited by derex3592

Yeah I'm in the process of collecting Tomytec and Kato N Scale buildings to do a Downtown highrise shootout scene and having to use ARII 1/100 kits for the Glaugs and Pods.

Also collecting the parts to do a Chemical Plant for another Battle scene.

Imagine the epicness of Pods and Valks fighting in this display...

joukeikomoni072_f.jpgrefinery_piping2b.jpgpoco-oil-plant.jpgDSC_0312.jpg

I really like the idea of having a Glaug fallen back into and though a large Storage tank, the volatiles spilling out around it as it all burns (flickering LEDs and Xenon flash tubes under a hotglue and resin "fire"?) with the valk squad looking on dispassionately.

Edited by NZEOD

whoa that would be one heck of a diorama! Am even imagining an exploding storage tank too! B))

just found a link to a guy who resin cast some flames... I'm going to try it!

http://www.figurepainters.com/tips-tutorials/2012/9/15/lighted-warmachine-menoth-vessel-of-judgement-battle-engine.html

menoth-base-9.jpg?token=vvgUNLlRNtFNw4kTmenoth-vessel-of-judgement-2.jpg?asGallemenoth-vessel-of-judgement-15.jpg?asGallmenoth-vessel-of-judgement-17.jpg?asGall

Edited by NZEOD

You know what that diorama needs? GODZILLA! Whoops, wrong thread :) Seriously though, that would look great even with some LED "candles." But I'm sure you're gonna whip out the micro chip controller. - MT

You know what that diorama needs? GODZILLA! Whoops, wrong thread :) Seriously though, that would look great even with some LED "candles." But I'm sure you're gonna whip out the micro chip controller. - MT

going to attempt too... more options for programming a random non repeating flicker "noise" code.

Finally I got my battroids after 2 months of waiting! The battroid small parts are not as scary as the fighter kit's, so I might assemble the battroids first. But before that I'll still need to practice on a gunpla it's been a while since I assembled a kit.

Finally I got my battroids after 2 months of waiting! The battroid small parts are not as scary as the fighter kit's, so I might assemble the battroids first. But before that I'll still need to practice on a gunpla it's been a while since I assembled a kit.

The VF-1 battroid is fairly easy to put together. Needs a bit of superglue to get things tight but nothing scary. I thought it was easier than the average HG gunpla.

lol I did this one as a challenge on my lunchbreak today with an audience, sitting in my office.

29mins BUT I admit I didnt get the eye lens or the upper leg blisters on, only because I dont want them falling off on the trip home tonight.

IMG_20161021_141845_zpsh04tpp0h.jpg

IMG_20161021_141837_zpsuewv24ls.jpgIMG_20161021_141902_zpsdg9kmn2w.jpg

He's waiting on the next moron to enter my office with a question they could answer themselves... and its a target rich environment today!

I still have another 4 to build and 3 on the way.

Some parts you REALLY SHOULD glue...

the front and rear leg plates

The yellow headlamps on the shoulders, also note they are actually left and right specific.

The forearm side plates.

The nose cone to the black washer thing to the lower body.

The backpack together and then that to the back body.

The upper thigh side blisters.

The nozzles into the feet.

Rear head piece into the head assembly.

Neck into lower neck.

Shoulders need to be glued if you intend to repose it ever.

Another point to note. When fitting up the leg joints to the nose cone, don't follow the instructions. They say to try to fit the rubber part first, then slide on the intakes over it. Doing this, you'll try to get the rubber bit to CLICK into position on the hip ball joint... well... it DOESNT click at all and you'll just snap it off. Luckily you get two nose cone hips! instead, fit the rubber to the intake but don't slide it right up yet, then fit that onto the hip ball joint and then finish pushing the intake down onto the rubber (or the rubber up into the intake). This will hold it all nicely together without any force on the hip shaft.

Also... decide what position you want the head laser to be pointing in and set it that way as you assemble the head. Moving it afterwards is NOT easy and it feels move likely to break.

I'll video the next one.

Edited by NZEOD

Slapped together another 2 VF battroids even managing to snap off the arm to shoulder joint on a brownie!! Luckily I have super fine drill bits and a pin vice and wire. All repaired and stronger than before.

IMG_20161031_212247_zpsdeioos8w.jpgIMG_20161031_211848_zps2oauu2o2.jpgIMG_20161031_211907_zpsllhgdkr4.jpg

There is a HUGE explosion behind them and they just keep on walking...

​well... there will be... eventually... when I finish the refinery diorama

Edited by NZEOD

How do you mean? The NEXT model to be released?

They have had the Macross range out long enough for some to sell out already.

Edited by NZEOD

How do you mean? The NEXT model to be released?

They have had the Macross range out long enough for some to sell out already.

Oh, since the VF-1A, VF-1S and VF-1J has come out, and for macross delta, VF-31S, VF-31J and VF-31A and C (only in fighter mode) and the SV-262Hs.

What would be the next kit would tomytec be releasing? I do hope they still release the other VF-31's and SV-262's. Also, just hoping for the macross frontier line, well just hoping. :D

ahhh I see, no idea, hoping for a VE-1 and VF-1D, then Destroids, then Super and Super Strike packs, then missing the VF31s then ANYTHING! I take anything after that!

BE WARNED ALL

the OP11 light kits need to be powered up and checked BEFORE mounting them into your model as I have one now glued into a VF-31a that has a single blue LED and a White one for the other engine!!

ahhh I see, no idea, hoping for a VE-1 and VF-1D, then Destroids, then Super and Super Strike packs, then missing the VF31s then ANYTHING! I take anything after that!

Oh, Destroid would be great! I would really want those.

I also agree with the missing VF31's, well anything in 1/144 scale macross. :D

I was wondering about those LED lights for tomytec. Good advice there. Thanks!

All you that have bought and built your 2 Mode sets into Gerwalks... Care to sell your left over decals?

I'm building a carrier deck... a long one... so need as many decals for any of the alternate squadrons as I can get.