Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

Hobbysearch has the parts and instruction sheet up for view. Looks like poly caps for easy part swapping. And I was looking at the battroid connection for the upper torso just above the heat shield and there's a polycap that looks like it can swivel forward. So maybe that can help get enough space between the upper thigh and the wings to allow some clearance for better posing. It also looks like it may have some side swivel as well.

The new GERWALK tail markings are for the Royal Maces(not a Tomcat squadron, rare for a VF-1 to do that), and the Starfighters.

Note: the extra decals come only with the 2-mode sets.

The VF-1S set comes with the Royal Maces and Starfighters tail decals

The VF-1A set comes with VFA-195 Dambusters "Chippy Ho!" tail, a Fleet Air Arm 800 NAS tail (a SeaHarrier squadron!), and one other that I can't identify.

Cool... thanks david and vifam, for the Id's of the tail decals..

As for the vf-1j 2 mode set , so far i know one is from the sundowners fighter squad..

post-15116-0-34702100-1467424857_thumb.jpg

darn am tempted to get even more fighters, no thanks to tomytec!...

Edited by seti88

OK, so all together, the options are:

post-15116-0-59385300-1467425986_thumb.jpg

Starfighters (VF-33)

Royal Maces (VFA-27)

-----no pictures of VF-1j decals set yet--------------

Wolfpack (VF-1)

Sundowners (VF-111)

---------------------------------------------------------------

post-15116-0-50941500-1467425993_thumb.jpg

Dambusters (VFA-195)

800 sqn (do British Squadrons ever have official names?)

Updated with decal pics from Hobby search..

Edited by seti88

Watching that awesome video again. The weathering on the armored valkyrie and the Tomahawk is gonna set this apart from the hmr line. The opening nose cone and the ladder for the pilot and the floating pilot are details that are sellers.

I like the varied paint schemes like the all black with yellow tips valkyrie and the low viz. The different vf4g look great.

If they sell the sdf as a mechanical set is probably gonna cost as much as the Yamato they used to sell.

Others have made that comparison as well. I think comparing it to the HMR line is a bit erroneous. The HMRs are, from what I've heard at any rate, more toyish and have the strengths (strong solid materials/joints) and weaknesses (skimps on detail/decals) that go with, whereas these are the opposite, again from what I've heard. I wouldn't go into this line expecting to play much if at all with the finished product.

No, British squadrons don't appear to have official names, just the numbers.

It's an interesting set of options. VF-1 "Wolfpack" was disestablished on September 30, 1993; VF-33 "Starfighters" literally the day after (October 1, 1993); and VF-111 "Sundowners" a year and a half later (March 31, 1995). VFA-27 "Royal Maces" and VFA-195 "Dambusters" were never Tomcat squadrons, and are still flying the F/A-18E - both of them out of NAS Atsugi/CV-76 Ronald Reagan, apparently.

800 Squadron was one of the last Sea Harrier squadrons, and one of the last Royal Navy Harrier squadrons altogether, and is currently inactive, with a single officer at the RN academy being in charge of keeping the tradition alive.

Have they confirmed destroids? I love the hmr figures and I also love kits, but I think the tomytech vf1 won't be as poseable as the figures due to joint style. That doesn't bug me too much though and I think the destroids will pose better for tomytech due to the lack of parts forming and having less obstructions to the movement.

Personally I am really liking what I'm seeing from both lines so far and will collect both. They're different enough for me to find high points for both so far and if non Valkyrie mecha are coming to this line I will be a happy bastard🤗

Ordered the 1s/1a gerwalk and an extra fighter via sal frm ami so it will take some time to arrive. Will then need to find time to put it together...

Still mulling if I should get more fighters...

Edited by seti88

I plan on doing one of the VF-1A Fighter when it arrives.

Oh be sure to post your review, though I got VF1 battroids only (I orderd Mira2x and Haya2x fighters instead). I haven't shipped the battroids since I'm still debating whether to get the VF1J. By the time I ship and they arrive I'll have an idea on the quirks/difficulties on building the stuff. As they're small I'm not too confident--I've built only simple gunpla.

Is the canopy for the 1a frosted? From the pics the 1j looks pretty clear but the 1a looks opaque?

Can you build the battroid mode and the plane mode and pose the 2 or can you only build one mode at a time? I think of you build the gerwalk it'll take parts from both modes.

There are basically 2 kits one for battroid and one for fighter. You can part swap to make a gerwalk using existing parts from the fighter and battroid. So you can display one gerwalk using parts from 2 kits or display a fighter and a battroid. The gerwalk pack set is just the fighter and battroid kit boxed together with extra decals.

There are basically 2 kits one for battroid and one for fighter. You can part swap to make a gerwalk using existing parts from the fighter and battroid. So you can display one gerwalk using parts from 2 kits or display a fighter and a battroid. The gerwalk pack set is just the fighter and battroid kit boxed together with extra decals.

Thanks for clarifying. Waiting for another item before shipping. It'll be a macross month with gimix and storm attacker models

I built 2 fighters and 1 Batteloid today. The printing is amazing, the pieces fit very well together, about 90% of these kits snap together very tight, glue is not required but I glued most of the pieces together (except for parts that you swap to make Gerwalk mode). I ordered 3 VF-1A fighters, 1 VF-1J fighter, 1 VF-1S fighter, 2 VF-1A Batteloids and 1 VF-1J Batteloid.

I model N scale Japanese trains (1/150 scale) and didn't want to do Godzilla like most other Japanese train modelers....what says Japanese train layout more then Mecha all over it ;) If I had more money I would have picked up more VF-1A fighters for an airfield scene on the layout but I am lucky the wife didn't shoot me for the 7 Valkyrie I ordered.

I built 2 fighters and 1 Batteloid today. The printing is amazing, the pieces fit very well together, about 90% of these kits snap together very tight, glue is not required but I glued most of the pieces together (except for parts that you swap to make Gerwalk mode). I ordered 3 VF-1A fighters, 1 VF-1J fighter, 1 VF-1S fighter, 2 VF-1A Batteloids and 1 VF-1J Batteloid.

I model N scale Japanese trains (1/150 scale) and didn't want to do Godzilla like most other Japanese train modelers....what says Japanese train layout more then Mecha all over it ;) If I had more money I would have picked up more VF-1A fighters for an airfield scene on the layout but I am lucky the wife didn't shoot me for the 7 Valkyrie I ordered.

Haha wow amazing. Do post pics when you have your "fleet" put together!