Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

yuummm...meee...no time to comment much but enjoy the pics...

http://masterfileblog.jp/news/2016/02/10/6592.htm

If the 1/144 31's turn out good too, there is a chance to get all delta valks and not break the bank!

Now wanting a 1/144 vf-31A!

I really want a delta 02 but if I missed it cause of bandai PO madness then at least we got this little thing that we can buy multiples ;)

I also want a VF-31A!

Damm they look good! Pity they don't transform. And the price... yikes!

You don't want a model kit (esp in 1/144 scale!) to transform.

Transformation should be left to the Arcadia and Bandai DX toys.

Edited by Vifam7

I really want a delta 02 but if I missed it cause of bandai PO madness then at least we got this little thing that we can buy multiples ;)

I also want a VF-31A!

Whats better than a VF-31A? Multiple CF 31A's!

Damm they look good! Pity they don't transform. And the price... yikes!

Yea not too crazy abt the price too but hey if it gets you multiple modes, for display purposes i think thats ok.

Am not wanting to transform a valk that frequently. The other thing you have to live with is the scale, but it does have its own charms.

Thanks for the link!

1. Not sure why the 1a cockpit is foggy whereas the 1s is not..

The images with the 'foggy' canopies are 3D prints not polystyrene kits built up.

That is why they have 'foggy' canopies.

Looks like only the VF-1S comes with missiles and only the 1A comes with landing gear.

Nah, all of them will likely come with landing gears and missiles. The Gimix line has never released a kit without landing gears or some kind of ordnance.

Edited by Vifam7

It says 2mode set that for the price I think you get parts for the fighter and battroid and probably the extra parts for gerwalk although I can't read the description.

It looks like from the pictures of the fighters that the 1a has a TV pilot and the 1s has the movie Roy. If the pilots are easy to remove I may repaint them and swap them so I can have a tv Roy.

It says 2mode set that for the price I think you get parts for the fighter and battroid and probably the extra parts for gerwalk although I can't read the description.

It looks like from the pictures of the fighters that the 1a has a TV pilot and the 1s has the movie Roy. If the pilots are easy to remove I may repaint them and swap them so I can have a tv Roy.

The bundle sets are ones that have a fighter kit and a battroid kit in the box. Having both kits in the box means you don't have to buy 2 separate kits for gerwalk mode.

If you want to repaint the pilot figure, that's easy. It a kit, so you repaint the pilot figure, glue him to the seat, then build the cockpit.

a bit confused by this image:

tt_vf1_20s.jpg

so this set includes 3 complete figures? (fighter, gerwalk, battroid)?

I thk what the bundle set is essentially is a fighter + battroid + backpack with no arms stowed away.

So to get gerwalk you use the fighter body + battroid arms and legs + the extra gerwalk backback.

If you dont want gerwalk you can still have the fighter and battroid.

Thats just what i get from the pic and the translations done so far.

I preordered last night at work. This may have the best looking battroid since the hasegawa kits.

I agree! I like the blocky proportions!

thanks for the clarification guys.

unfortunately with this bundling, fighter legs and battroid torso would be completely wasted for folks who are just after gerwalk.

it's a good upselling scheme for folks who would just get 1 or 2 but prohibitive for army builders.

would have been willing to pay 1.5x fighter price for a pure gerwalk, but 2x is steep. so now i'm just ordering 6 gerwalk bundles instead of 9