Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

Well I was hoping it wouldn't be a parts former, if the end product looks good with out loose parts that fall off I'll still want to buy them.

Do you buy a fighter and a battroid or is everything you need in one package?

It's not a partsformer. There's no transformation. You either build as fighter, battroid, or gerwalk. The only thing is, you have to use both fighter kit parts and battroid kit parts to build a gerwalk. This is the samething as the Wave kits.

Unknown as to whether they'll include both fighter and battroid kits in one box or sell them separately.

• 3 weeks later...

most likely one of their previously released lighting units.

10348037b2.jpg

good to know the VF-1 (and likely other valks to follow) are being made to be compatible with this lighting system.

Tomytec, please make the VF-25. then you can make San Francisco buildings for your N-Diorama Series, which will attract an audience beyond Macross.

and while you're at it, please make your fuel trucks and military transports compatible with your amazing Moving Bus System.

s-l225.jpg

These look pretty great. Any info on pricing yet?

In some of those images there are prices marked at 3500 Yen and 3800 Yen. Not sure what that means for final retail though (or pre-orders when they kick in)

These look pretty great. Any info on pricing yet?

VF-1S Fighter :3,500yen +tax

VF-1S Batroid :3,800yen +tax

VF-1A Fighter :3,500yen +tax

VF-1A Batroid :3,800yen +tax

post-14942-0-99500300-1454852365_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Hmm, might be a bit steep for this scale.

Yep! Especially for us Canadians. Before shipping those are going to be $41 - $45 (Can) a piece.

All of Hasegawa's kits except the 1:48 VF-1S Strike are less expensive.

What's the scope of these kits? Transformable/parts-swap model kits? LED gimmicks? I'm not seeing what they offer that the Hasegawa offerings don't.

What they offer is fully painted easy-build kits in 1/144 scale. And fully painted means - every color is done and every last marking has been tampo printed. Which means i can put together a pro-built looking Valk in a hour or so.

Here's another example of a Tomytec Gimix kit. All I did was put it together. No painting or decaling whatsoever.

f-15ceagle03_zps35da03a4.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

don't get intimated. it's easy enough to put together in an hour or so.

unlike traditional aircraft model kits where gluing fuselage halves/puttying/sanding can really be screwed up, here, it's simply inserting, sliding, tabbing, snapping, pressing parts together. the fact that it's pre-painted and tampo printed practically guarantees that it will look good and does away with the headaches of botched paint jobs and wonky decaling.

so long as assembly is completed, there is zero chance it'll look ugly. however, if you have extremely poor eyesight and/or very shaky hands, then you may not be able to put it together at all. this is 1/144 after all, so many of the parts are tiny. goes without saying, no sneezing during assembly.

suggest you get one of their kits to try it out. they've released Ace Combat aircraft fairly recently.

10348039z2.jpg

10348039n3.jpg

1. does it mean to get gerwalk, fighter and battroid modes need to be bought?

2. what are the chances these will get supers...does tomy practise online exclusives?

I have the 1/144 f-toys star wars kits and they spruce up my bedside table nicely. 1/144 does grow on you...

The way the pricing is listed it looks like you buy the battroid and fighter then combine parts for the gerwalk. I may be wrong though.

You are correct. Just like with the Wave 1/100 kits, to get Gerwalk mode you need to buy Fighter and Battroid, then combine the required parts.

based off a not so focused twitter capture, but looks like a lighted VF-1 thruster...

attachicon.giftomytec.jpg

most likely one of their previously released lighting units.

10348037b2.jpg

good to know the VF-1 (and likely other valks to follow) are being made to be compatible with this lighting system.

Yes.

According to the billboard, it was lightened.

post-14942-0-05904100-1455006871_thumb.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

there likely would be opportunity for mods to adapt the lighted sytem into gerwalk and battroid modes...

hmm so to get all threee modes, its 4 units required....multiply that by 3 for the s/j/a types....

its gonna be the dirty dozen squadron!

Edited by seti88