M0 legendary Bird-Human head

Xigfrid

It finally arrived! The color is much more saturated (more like a fluo) than it appears in this picture. The good points are that the paint is UV reactive and it also glows in the dark, bad points are that it glows orange instead of pink and that it lasts less than 30sec! Anyway, I still believe it is a great inside color.

post-15880-0-38732900-1442916662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

Thanks! The paintwork is made with 2 brushes, really basic:

I made a mix of light brown and grey. I began with the lighter shade with the bigger brush, then I throw a few strike of darker before taking the smaller brush and I make a wash with the remaining paint

• 1 month later...

What does the paint on the inside look like without the florescent paint?

I don't understand, I used tamyia "fine white" primer first then brushed the fluorescent paint over it. So before the paint it was white. The paint itself is fluo pink, much like a stabilo/highlighter pen. If you light it with uv light, it goes bright pink then in the dark it glows dimmer and dimmer orange.

I don't understand, I used tamyia "fine white" primer first then brushed the fluorescent paint over it. So before the paint it was white. The paint itself is fluo pink, much like a stabilo/highlighter pen. If you light it with uv light, it goes bright pink then in the dark it glows dimmer and dimmer orange.

I meant to ask if there was any other color on the head inside other than the florescent paint and white. I really like the outside of the unit. I haven't seen Zero in awhile, so I don't remember the exact coloring of the head, the inside of the bird human head, or even if it was shown in detail.

Indeed the head need painting, I am going with light brown all over it with small drops of glowing resin in different colors. So far I made the eye in glowing blue, I need to add glowing green and glowing red resin next time I make an epoxy mix. Then I would paint the rest with classic paint.

Not finished yet, so I mainly keep the head closed for the display

Indeed the head need painting, I am going with light brown all over it with small drops of glowing resin in different colors. So far I made the eye in glowing blue, I need to add glowing green and glowing red resin next time I make an epoxy mix. Then I would paint the rest with classic paint.

Not finished yet, so I mainly keep the head closed for the display

sounds like it's gonna be a nice looking kit. Can't wait to see it. great work so far. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Ho my! That was a 4 years old model!

This is probably VF-0D PF announce that decided me to revise this model, with a full opening mode and a more accurate head sculpt.

The Human bird head is available in 3D print direct order from me.  More info can be found a my 'newly made' Facebook page.

31R chick bot_Kadum head.jpg

31R002 chick bot_Kadum head.jpg

31R003 chick bot_Kadum head.jpg

31R004 chick bot_Kadum head.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Someday, someone, sometime, really needs to explain to me what was actually going on in Zero....:blink: Cause I still don't know...:lol:

I actually thought that was one of the more interesting things about Delta.. it kind of mirrored what happened in Zero.. sorta. :p 

Looking really good Xigfrid, always amazing to see how you get such clean prints of your designs!  Who are you using for your prints for this version?

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looks awesome!

Thanks! Actually the inside is going to be a nightmare to paint ;)

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Someday, someone, sometime, really needs to explain to me what was actually going on in Zero....:blink: Cause I still don't know...:lol:

I really like Zero. If I understand well, the action takes place just a few years before the sdfm1 arrival. It is a time of warfare between the Russian  conglomerate and the UN army and both factions are looking for the human bird technology that was discovered by a scientist(the old man in a wheeled chair) dozen years before during an exploration of the Mayan island.

The mad scientist wants to erase the humanity that seems too corrupted, this is why he allied with the Arnachists  and try to wake up the human bird that he knows it could be cataclysmic. 

On the other hand, the UN army have already discovered and secretly transporting the human bird body in its aircraft carrier. During a mission, Shin is shot down on his F14 by Nora in its SV, rescued by Sarah Nome and then recruited by the aircraft carrier that was around there. As a rare survivor of a fight against a variable fighter, Shin is recruited by Roy Focker to learn how to pilot the first VF, the VF-0. 

During the attack of the aircraft carrier, an okto (transforming submarine into terrestrial tank) found the human bird head, also known as the treasure of the Mayans. Thanks to shin, the head is saved from the submarine but Nora attacks Shin and they both loose and the head is lost in the forest again. They then incinerate the forest to find the head, in vain  

In last ressort, the mad scientist catches Sarah and have her to sing  to retrieve the head. Unfortunately only a flying rock and Roy come to the rescue. They got away in the jungle once again and find the Human bird head at last. But the Russian were around and they grab the head together with the 2 girls, and bring everything into their headquarters: a giant submarine. 

This is the moment when Roy and Shin go rogue and go to the rescue of their respective girls in their armored VF-0. Shin find Sarah but got shot in front of her, she got really mad and sing for the head. The head reunite with its body and the Human bird is awaken, Sarah as a ‘peace guardian’ is asked if the humans have turn into a peaceful spiecie. As a negative answer leads to the humanity destruction, the human bird begins to fire on every fighting vehicles with folding-space shoots, including Nora, Roy, DD and Shin. Nora and DD die fighting it, Shin managed to reach Sarah thanks to his love for her. At last moment, Sarah is obliged to suicide to avoid a nuclear catastroph by space-folding-traveling together with the nuclear blasts shot by the UN Monster from the aircraft carrier. 

The end.

59 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I actually thought that was one of the more interesting things about Delta.. it kind of mirrored what happened in Zero.. sorta. :p 

Looking really good Xigfrid, always amazing to see how you get such clean prints of your designs!  Who are you using for your prints for this version?

Thanks for the compliments, I am now using an Italian printer who uses HP4210 printer and they also have a really nice smoothing process. He is very specialized so he doesn’t make clear plastics or white SLS but the prices are cheaper than shapeways and the quality is really better. So I keep working with him as much as possible.