Who's your favorite Macross Character?

I don't think is going the way Valkyrie Driver had hoped...

In a way you're right, I kinda wanted a bit more on why y'all like the characters you do, but It doesn't bother me how much love Basara is getting.

I just finished my watch through of M7. I don't know if I ever really hated Basara, just found him annoying and irritating. I mean he was right that music is a powerful thing, and that by bearing your soul and being true to yourself is important. His character was just so disinterested in everything that wasn't his music, and there was a glimmer of hope for some development when he showed some compassion towards another character, only to be crushed by being dismissive. I think there was a lot to the character that didn't get conveyed well during the series, I need to go back and watch the movie, and the OVA's to see if he's the same way there too.

I stick with Alto as my favorite though, with Max Jenius and Roy Focker close seconds.

Guld Bowman!!! :)

Fixed it. I think spell check got him...

All the love for his mount, but no love for Ozma personally?!

Dunno if he's my favorite, exactly, but he certainly has my respect for getting things done no matter what it takes, and his deep love for Ranka. He's one of the few characters in Frontier I DIDN'T want to slap, how's that?

Dunno if he's my favorite, exactly, but he certainly has my respect for getting things done no matter what it takes, and his deep love for Ranka. He's one of the few characters in Frontier I DIDN'T want to slap, how's that?

That works I suppose. I mean, yeah, sure I wanted to slap Alto sometimes, but then I want to slap my favorite person in the world (me) sometimes.

He also survived the pineapple curse!

I'm just disappointed that no one else likes El Niño Gumpy. I can't be the only one...

And it surprises me that no one's even asked who he is...

Ok, oh wise sage of all that is Macross nerd-dom,who is this El Nino Gumpy?

Can you be less condescending about it? thanks.

I apologize, but it was kind of a dick move to name a character that no one but you seems to have heard of, in the first place.

I'll ask again only nicer this time.

Would you please tell us who this character is? I really am curious, as I've never heard of this character.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I apologize, but it was kind of a dick move to name a character that no one but you seems to have heard of, in the first place.

No, what's a dick move is starting a thread asking about favorite characters, and then getting pissed off when they're characters you haven't heard of. If that was part of the criteria, you should've specified it. Edited by Gubaba

No, what's a dick move is starting a thread asking about favorite characters, and then getting pissed off when they're characters you haven't heard of. If that was part of the criteria, you should've specified it.

Look, I'm not going to fight about it. The way you worded it, and then drew attention to the fact that no one knew or seemed to care came off as a bit asinine, which is actually not unusual for some of your responses.

I'm willing to put it behind, I of course want to hear about everyone's favorite characters even if I don't know them. For the future if you know something's obscure, maybe we could get a frame of reference, or a source.

I apologize for being a dick, but you've pulled alpha nerd shenanigans before, and it's irksome. But lets not dwell, please continue with the discussion.

I'll go with Sonia Dosel at the moment, since she seems to be gaining increased appreciation among the fan community.

Honorable mention goes to Chelsea Scarlett, if only because a girl I took out to dinner last night claimed she was her favourite Macross character and that she was thinking of cosplaying as her some day.

I'll go with Sonia Dosel at the moment, since she seems to be gaining increased appreciation among the fan community.

That's a character from Macross the Musiculture, right? Roli's granddaughter?

Ouch! Now that's darn rude...

Anyway, it was supposed to be part of the joke, since even in the radio drama, nobody remembers who he is.

Yeah, that tends to happen when there's an inside joke that someone doesn't get. Like I said, I'm willing to just move on.

Haven't seen the show, but she certainly is cute if nothing else...

Unfortunately, unless someone puts on another production, there's no way to see it without a time machine. But yeah, she was pretty much a badass, and the way she talked about her grandfather suggests a happier ending than the liner notes from Macross 7 Docking Festival indicated.

Unfortunately, unless someone puts on another production, there's no way to see it without a time machine. But yeah, she was pretty much a badass, and the way she talked about her grandfather suggests a happier ending than the liner notes from Macross 7 Docking Festival indicated.

Was it like a one act play or something?