Macross Cosplay by Super Dimension Foto Patreon (New Set Sept 2019)

Roy Focker

An Important Message

I was informed by several sources that a number of you belong to group that has been accused of trolling members in the past. This topic has been targeted after an off topic disagreement with someone associated with this group. I deleted their troll comment after they posted here over a month ago. That only stopped that person from doing it again. It didn't stop their associates from continuing in a less overt manner. That is until one of them got reckless and made a couple attempts to disrupt things with undeniable trolling. This less than savvy person has been suspended from the site for a month. Further organized/disorganized attempts by this group to derail anyone's topic or to harass any member will no longer be tolerated.

That is all.

*We've allowed you a few days to voice your concerns and they've been noted. The issue is now closed and the topic has been cleaned up. There will be no further discussions about it.*

• 2 weeks later...

A related off topic post,

I also take pictures of people that aren't in costume. I'll offer free pictures to local actors and models whenever I want to test out a technique or some piece of equipment I just bought. I'm proud when they decide to use what I considered to just be simple a test image for their online profile or even as their official photo on their talent agent's page.

Today I saw one of these pictures reposted. I'm looking at a picture that I took and reading the text below that says he's dead. Possibly taken his own life. Only met the guy once a few months ago. Seemed like you and me. Never thought I would be seeing a picture I took being used to announce news like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Now Sharing 6th Set Preview Pictures (May Release)

There will be five of these preview pictures shared in April. 3 now and 2 more for next week. To view all the pictures please visit the Patreon Page by Clicking Here and consider being a supporter. All contributions collected through Patreon go directly to funding this project.

post-242-0-38073500-1460390269_thumb.jpgpost-242-0-85515200-1460390319_thumb.jpg

The Tale of Two Misas

After the holidays my 1st Misa decided to take a break from all modeling for the rest of the Winter. I found a 2nd Misa and altered my plans for the next shoot to accommodate her requests. This was a partial shoot. A week later we would meet again to complete it. That was not to be. Weeks later I found a 3rd Misa to complete the shoot. The results are 2 different Misa models in the same set with 3 different locations/themes.

Locations/Themes in the 6th Set:

- 2nd Misa in Rainy Night Part I.
- 2nd Misa in Studio.
- 3rd Misa in Water Front.

post-242-0-88173700-1460390374_thumb.jpg

(The 3rd Misa)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the other 2 preview pictures from the 6th Set.

post-242-0-00810600-1461099100_thumb.jpgpost-242-0-49261600-1461099136_thumb.jpg

If you're curious about of how something like this cost. Here's the running total so far.

1st Set: $250.

2nd Set: $170.

3rd Set: $240.

4th Set: $90.

5th Set .$210.

6th Set (May Release) $130

Total Costs= $1090

Contributions = $405.

Support by Clicking Here

What's next? Tomorrow I'm meeting a new character. She likes cooking, collecting knives and playing video games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now Sharing 7th Set Preview Pictures (July Release)

To view all the pictures please visit the Patreon Page by Clicking Here and consider being a supporter. All contributions collected through Patreon go directly to funding this project.

post-242-0-84475900-1464924136_thumb.jpg

Misa at Home (Part 1 of 2)

These sets feature moments inspired from scenes that take place in character's quarters. Mainly episodes #28 my Album & episode #34 Private Time. Part 1 covers Private Time. In that episode Misa is going to go on a picnic with Hikaru. I covered the how that picnic went in this earlier picture set.

post-242-0-32707700-1464924601_thumb.jpg

I went all out this time. I planned this shoot for months. Replaced my main light source with a better one, brought in an assistant and rented a house for the day. It was an expensive and long shoot. Resulting in enough pictures for 2 sets. There was another set of pictures that I was going to release in July instead I'm pushing those back to make room for Part 1 of this set instead. While Misa is the focus she wasn't suppose to be alone. There was going to be another character: Claudia.

We were also going to take pictures inspired by Rainy Night & Pine Salad. Rainy Night takes places just before Private Time. Every picture we took that day was going to be connected. Unfortunately I made a wrong choice in the model I picked for Claudia. She was a No Call & No Show. I went over budget with the location as I needed a location suitable to double for rooms of multiple character's quarters. If Claudia was there we would had enough pictures for 3 sets. I don't know if I ever will try to do this same set again with a new Claudia. It isn't very cost effective to rent a house again just for one photo set.

Since Claudia wasn't there we took the time to make a little video with some of the unused props that were going to be use to decorate Claudia's quarters. The original audio has been replaced. As the quality wasn't that good. She can play. You can blame the shaking camera on us laughing.

5 preview pictures will be shared for this set. 3 Next week and 2 more the week afterwards.

I still plan to do more shoots with Misa. Our costume selection is dependent on the budget and ability to reuse clothing items. What swimwear are you talking about? I know she wears a red one piece in that toy model of Misa on beach chair with a ball.

Vanessa will appear. I have a model who's wanted to take part since the beginning and I will likely use her as my default Vanessa for a shoot later this year.

More Samples Pictures from July's Set

post-242-0-46322000-1465570072_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-17152200-1465570149_thumb.jpgpost-242-0-65694800-1465570199_thumb.jpg

The first 2 were already shared in that comparison image. Third picture captures that rare candid moment from episode #27 where Misa mourns the passing of her father.

If you're curious about of how something like this cost. Here's the running total so far.

5th Set: $210.

6th Set $130.

7th Set: $200*

Total Costs= $1290

Contributions = $450.

*This set was technically the most expensive set of pictures to take so far. The actual cost was just over $400. It costed more this time because it was longer shoot and rented a house to shoot in that day. Since the pictures taken that day are being divided between two sets the cost is being divided between the two sets as well.

Support by Clicking Here

Even More Samples Pictures from July's Set

post-242-0-37788900-1466255731_thumb.jpgpost-242-0-56565100-1466255768_thumb.jpg

Here's the last preview pictures of July's Set. If you want to view all of the pictures from this set and from the others please visit the Patreon Page and consider supporting it. All contributions collected through Patreon go directly to funding this project. Misa at Home part 2 will either be release next or I'll release the Set that was bumped for this one.

• 1 month later...

Now Sharing 8th Set Preview Pictures (September Release)

To view all the pictures please visit the Patreon Page by Clicking Here and consider being a supporter. All contributions collected through Patreon go directly to funding this project.

post-242-0-31949400-1469970537_thumb.jpg

Misa at Home (Part 2 of 2)

These sets feature moments inspired from scenes that take place in character's quarters. Mainly episodes #28 my Album & episode #34 Private Time. Part 2 is an extended version of scene that appears in Private Time. All of Misa's sets are photographed out of order. When finished they'll provide a complete character arc.

post-242-0-72552900-1469970698_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-57476600-1469970768_thumb.jpg

In the next 2 weeks there will be 4 more preview images shared here. Picture Set #8 will also include the release of the latest Exclusive Pictures for those who contribute to that level as a patron. All the pictures provided for Patreon will be in color. As stated with the release of the preview images for the 7th Set I went all out with these 2. Majority of the photo shoots are quick simple affairs. If you want see more elaborate sets like this consider contributing to the Patreon.

What's in store for future Picture Sets? We've been working on a few more behind more behind the scenes. Most of them are simple ones. We'll be adding our first non-classic Macross character in the form of Mirage Jenius. Currently collecting items for her. We've got a known model in mind for her (among the world of traveling art models). I'll be taking suggestions for your favorite Mirage jenius poses from the series or from fan art that you would like to see us recreate. We'd like try to make Mirage's set to be one of the more elaborate ones.

More Samples Pictures from September's Set

post-242-0-50079100-1470499986_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-57163600-1470500023_thumb.jpg

2 more sample pictures will be shared next week. I'll also be doing a costume and makeup test with Mirage's model. If you're curious about of how something like this cost. Here's the running total so far.

6th Set $130.

7th Set: $200

8th Set $200

Total Costs= $1490

Contributions = $585.

Support by Clicking Here

• 2 weeks later...

Now Planning Our Next Photo Shoot

(A Brief Intermission)

post-242-0-59767400-1471363454_thumb.jpg

Last Saturday we did a costume and makeup test for Mirage. Also added new Rewards for the Patreon. Including options for those interested in only a single Photo Set and for those interested in commissions. With your help we like to give Mirage some extra special attention. She deserves it with the way the series is treating her. You can read more about what we have plan for Mirage and the new Rewards on the Patreon Page.

post-242-0-88062500-1471364468_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-67190900-1471364514_thumb.jpg

Final 2 sample pictures from September's Set will be shared next week. All pictures for Patrons will be in color. Even these black and white sample pictures. If you don't remember this particular scene from the series. Watch episode #28 My Album again. These pictures are based off of the rarely seen "director's cut."

Support by Clicking Here

Final Sample Pictures From September's Set

Here's the last of the sample pictures from Part 2 of Misa at Home. Next batch of sample pictures will released in October. Hopefully it will be from Mirage's set. Planning for a September shoot with her. She's a traveling model that's out of town half of the month. Scheduling can be tricky.

Support by Clicking Here

post-242-0-59333700-1471895076_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-90136900-1471895112_thumb.jpg

Now Planning Our Next Photo Shoot

(A Brief Intermission)

miragetest.jpg

Last Saturday we did a costume and makeup test for Mirage. Also added new Rewards for the Patreon. Including options for those interested in only a single Photo Set and for those interested in commissions. With your help we like to give Mirage some extra special attention. She deserves it with the way the series is treating her. You can read more about what we have plan for Mirage and the new Rewards on the Patreon Page.

sample4 (2).jpg

sample8bw.jpg

Final 2 sample pictures from September's Set will be shared next week. All pictures for Patrons will be in color. Even these black and white sample pictures. If you don't remember this particular scene from the series. Watch episode #28 My Album again. These pictures are based off of the rarely seen "director's cut."

Support by Clicking Here

I thought you hated Delta?

• 4 weeks later...

Now Sharing 9th Set Preview Pictures (November Release)

post-242-0-22117200-1473955425_thumb.jpg

Like A Mirage (Part 1 of 1)

Oh Mirage you're the grand daughter of two of the greatest characters ever and everyone was impressed when we first saw you. Then the series slowly started to focus on you less and less. Resulting in you being reduced to a supporting character. We're giving Mirage another chance to shine (in cosplay form) before the series ends.

post-242-0-96860700-1473955474_thumb.jpg

These preview images are being shared early to time with the end of the series. In the next 2 weeks there will be 4 more preview images shared here. Our shoot with Mirage was very productive and it will be divided in two Photo Sets. With Mirage's reduced role in the series there wasn't that many classic Mirage poses or scenes to recreate. Instead we had fun improvising things. Majority of the photo shoots are quick simple affairs. For this shoot besides adding a new character/costume we also hired a professional full time traveling model and rented a studio with access to professional quality lighting. If you like to see more sets like this consider contributing to the Patreon.

More Samples Pictures from November's Set

post-242-0-08934400-1474585764_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-88821600-1474585820_thumb.jpg

2 more sample pictures will be shared next week. If you're curious about of how much something like this cost to make. Here's the running total so far.

6th Set $130.

7th Set: $200

8th Set $200

9th Set $180*

Total Costs= $1670

Contributions = $631.

*($360 total divided between 2 picture sets)

Support by Clicking Here

Final Sample Pictures From November's Set

Here's the last of the sample pictures from part 1 for Mirage. Next batch of sample pictures will be released around December. It has been an intense week. Had to cancel a planned shoot due to an emergency. There's a back log of pictures so the release a set is kept on time even if shoots have to be reschedule.

Support by Clicking Here

post-242-0-61931500-1475201840_thumb.jpg

(Mirage's reaction after watching the last episode & mine for this week)

post-242-0-32092900-1475201883_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Now Sharing 10th Set Preview Pictures (January Release)

post-242-0-12014700-1481072336_thumb.jpg

Mirage lives her life on the go. When she needs to relax nothing works better than refreshing spring water from planet Voldor and delicious Windermerean apples. Try some today!

post-242-0-87138500-1481072424_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-48131900-1481072504_thumb.jpg

In the next 2 weeks there will be 4 more preview images shared here. If you like to see more sets like this consider contributing to the Patreon.

wait... are you advertising to sell the clothing you had made (which makes sense) or the photo sets of the girl modelling your clothes... which is odd...

We aren't selling clothes. Patreon is a site that allows people to support creators like artists, musicians, photographers and videographers. You may have noticed that many of your favorite YouTube channels have links to their Patreon pages where people can get access to extra videos for supporting their Patreon. I freely share some of these pictures online. If people like them enough and want to support this project they can through the Patreon.

Many of the clothes are premade costumes or regular street clothes found in a regular store. I have hand sewed additional details on to some of the costumes. Like Hikaru's flight suit in my avatar started off as a white coveralls. I just sewed all the red and blue material on to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Last Samples Pictures from January's Set

Looks like Macross World came back in time for me to post the final 2 sample pictures from January's set.  If you want to see more from this part a pledge of $5 will get you access.  A pledge of just $1 will gain you access to sneak peaks of futures sets on the Patreon Page by clicking here. 

As stated before this was to be one of the more complex and expensive shoots.  Mirage's model expressed interest since the beginning.  It just a matter of time to find the right character.  Total professional and a brought lots of experience from being a traveling model.  Having her as the model and access to real studio made it one of the most easiest shoots.

sample6.jpgsample4.jpg

Remember don't mix Windermerean apples with Voldor's spring water!  They're a dangerous mix!

• 1 month later...

Now Sharing 11th Set Preview Pictures (March Release)

This picture set was taken last Summer.  It is features two models and took place at an Air Museum.  We learned there was a museum that was moving to a new location.  All the display ready aircraft had already been moved.  What remained was the aircraft being restored.   We were allowed free rein to go where we pleased with no other visitors to blocking the way.

sample5.jpg

There will be 3 more preview images shared this month.  Brought Misa and Shammy to the shoot.  Told one of them to act serious and the other to act confused.

sample2.jpg

This is a busy month so here's the rest of the sample pictures all at once.  More still will be available for the Patreon starting in March.  It was nice taking pictures among the planes.  It is something we'd like to do again at a museum with display ready aircraft.

sample1.jpgsample3.jpgsample4.jpg

• 2 months later...

Now Sharing 12th Set Preview Pictures (May Release)

How about an obscure character?   Like Gina Bartrow.   The female Engineer from Macross the First that replaced that guy with the weird eyeballs from Macross TV.   Why this character?   Last month we had free access to a remote location and an experience model willingly to travel to said location.   Macross The First's Engineer was a quick, easy and under budget costume match for her.   Plus the shoot took place in a work shop.   A location that only an Engineer would make sense being in.   A couple more pictures from this set will be shared next week.

sample1.jpg

sample4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now Sharing 13th Set Preview Pictures ( July Release)

To view all the pictures please visit the Patreon Page by Clicking Here and consider being a supporter.  All contributions collected through Patreon go directly to funding this project.

This set (taken last Fall) features a new Hikaru and a new costume.  I wanted to have another "male" option that could be used at more locations.  You can't walking around that many public places with a flight suit and helmet.   Found a faux blue leather jacket and then modified it.  I hope to use this jacket again with blue haired model. This set also features an usual sunny day that I had make more gloomy looking.   Sorry there's no mutant fish.  Settled by using some dried fish.  A couple more pictures from this set will be shared next week.

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg