Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Major Focker said:

is there info on the actual heights of Fewture's vs. Arcadia's respective Garlands?

i recall Fewture's is supposed to be 1/15 scale  but there was some discussion on whether that's correct since they seem to have used a different anime height reference; which means the actual Fewture  toy may not be that much bigger than Arcadia's.

i'm looking to get the one which is closer to a proper 1/18, to display alongside my diecast car collection.

We've been speculating about sizes in Fewture's own Garland thread ever since, since there was no 'official' info about the size.

Here's the round down so far:

Arcadia 1/24 Garland Slave mode: estimating around 16cm

Fewture non-scale Garland Slave mode: speculation around 25cm that makes the scale probably somewhere between 1/14-1/16 since official Slave mode height is 3.85 meters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Arcadia is really on a roll. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised it and Max are still not up for preorder considering the PF SDF-1 is an April release and you can buy it now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh max and this out the same month plus whatever bandai has coming. Dec is going to be a bad month wallet wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

¥25,800 ouch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the size info no3l.

i took a ruler out and tried to imagine 16cm vs. what i recall seeing at the Arcadia booth. it seemed a little bigger then. my memory is of course hazy, being hungry and in a rush at that time, but i think i remember thinking the drivers looked big for 1/24.

posting pic i took below, in case there's anything written there that mentions size.

KI6hXFcFGEiQ8V7mO8pYb4t-pIKBD11ME3ZUuhcA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

¥25,800 ouch...

WTF?!?!  for something 16cm long?  They are just insane.  Oh well, Arcadia's stupid pricing has just put this out of my collection.  The Fewture one doesn't seem so expensive now :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Major Focker said:

thanks for the size info no3l.

i took a ruler out and tried to imagine 16cm vs. what i recall seeing at the Arcadia booth. it seemed a little bigger then. my memory is of course hazy, being hungry and in a rush at that time, but i think i remember thinking the drivers looked big for 1/24.

posting pic i took below, in case there's anything written there that mentions size.

KI6hXFcFGEiQ8V7mO8pYb4t-pIKBD11ME3ZUuhcA

You're welcome sir! But like I said, it's not official so your guess is as good as mine. ;) 

By the way, I think by now we should know that the next time someone will go to a show or convention, he or she should bring a metric ruler to measure it instead of us here 'guess-timating'. You know like properly estimating it from the display to the ruler he or she is holding. So next time, Major Focker, please bring a ruler. :lol: 

Ofcourse, sir, I'm just joking. But still keep in mind just in case if you do, it will benefit all of us. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

¥25,800 ouch...

Man. Instant pass for me. Like I said, I rather invest that amount range to Sentinel's upcoming Ride Armor. Having seen both Arcadia's and Fewture's prices, I might buy 2 Sentinel Ride Armors. :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's significantly cheaper than the Fewture version at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, I think by now we should know that the next time someone will go to a show or convention, he or she should bring a metric ruler to measure it instead of us here 'guess-timating'. You know like properly estimating it from the display to the ruler he or she is holding. So next time, Major Focker, please bring a ruler. :lol: 

lol, i'll be glad to oblige and bring a ruler next Feb. 

actually, i've been trying out a few camera ruler apps but haven't found one yet that doesn't require you to place a known-sized object in the shot. that could be problematic, since minders usually shoo you away when you get too close to the display.

agree with jenius that the price difference is still material enough to swing me towards Arcadia. but Fewture's Garland coming out soon (and way ahead of Arcadia) could still be problematic for me. i'm not sure if i'll be able to resist. i'm a latecomer to Fewture, but the few pieces i've bought so far have so thoroughly impressed me that i'm seriously considering tracking down their back catalog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping I'll find the Fewture for sale at the Arcadia price some day. I want it... just too pricey for something just outside my wheelhouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

lol, i'll be glad to oblige and bring a ruler next Feb. 

actually, i've been trying out a few camera ruler apps but haven't found one yet that doesn't require you to place a known-sized object in the shot. that could be problematic, since minders usually shoo you away when you get too close to the display.

agree with jenius that the price difference is still material enough to swing me towards Arcadia. but Fewture's Garland coming out soon (and way ahead of Arcadia) could still be problematic for me. i'm not sure if i'll be able to resist. i'm a latecomer to Fewture, but the few pieces i've bought so far have so thoroughly impressed me that i'm seriously considering tracking down their back catalog.

Hahaha! You don't need to do that. I was just playing. :lol: But it's up to you ofcourse. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I'm hoping I'll find the Fewture for sale at the Arcadia price some day. I want it... just too pricey for something just outside my wheelhouse. 

Anyways, with that price point, let's all join hands and invest instead on the Sentinel's Ride Armors. ;)

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Yamato but this Arcadia Garland will take ¥25.800 from my bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a bad price but I've been so use to arcadia's crazy prices that anything under $300 US seems like a deal. Still not sure if I'll get it. It will depend on how many other releases are out the month it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I'll wait for the proto-garland or hopefully a factory color version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also really excited about these garland toys but the prices are killing me with my main core collectibles being expensive as they are. Maybe when we get nearer to the order dates I'll have a better idea. I cancelled my fewture one a long time ago on HLJ due to pricing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, overly expensive toys have become the norm, unfortunately. Also unfortunate is the fact that most Asian companies producing anime and pop culture toys have little to no interest in the Western market. If these were intended for international markets from inception, I wonder if it would help mitigate the pricing by virtue of volume. 

At any rate, $240ish USD for the Arcadia as opposed to approx. $500 for the Fewture speaks to me. It says, go low and hope for the best, or at least better than the previous Yamato releases. I like the Garland, and wouldn't mind having a nice toy version, but even at that pricepoint, with all the other stuff I collect or want more, it's a tough pill. I'll wait for the eventual Proto Garland, and let my finances at the time dictate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Well, overly expensive toys have become the norm, unfortunately.

I agree with this. And I do understand it even though my wallet doesn't. I really CAN'T afford anymore to GET everything that I want IF everything that's coming out new will HAVE that price as a starting point. Imagine how much it will cost to get it after market price. Lucky to those who's just starting out this hobby now since they will get newer products with updated designs and mechanism.

Me? I'm just getting old. I'll take this as a sign for me to make sure what I buy now is what I really wanted -- if budget permits, that is. :unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People must love that Garland. From what I've seen of the show, it still isn't better than the bikes in Bubblegum Crisis and Mospeada. Nor the Southern Cross hovercycle for that matter. I need to get that Anime Bikes book to see what other bikes I missed from back in the day. I know they had bikes in Zillion which were kind of cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, JetJockey said:

People must love that Garland. From what I've seen of the show, it still isn't better than the bikes in Bubblegum Crisis and Mospeada. Nor the Southern Cross hovercycle for that matter. I need to get that Anime Bikes book to see what other bikes I missed from back in the day. I know they had bikes in Zillion which were kind of cool.

I like it, but then I like transforming motorcycles in general. The Moto-slave from BGC appeals to me more than the Garland, but it relies on a lot of anime magic to affect its transformation as seen in the show. I have Yamato's Linna version, which is a parts-former. Handling the toy, and getting a true sense of where parts need to end up in either mode, it's not difficult to see why. The Moto-slave is a far more believable motorcycle, though. The Garland design has more focus on the bot mode, but it makes for a nice sci-fi motorcycle. The transformation mechanics are realistic and functional, enabling a perfectly transformable toy/model. I wish all transformable mecha were that way.

Oddly enough, I've never cared much for the ride armor; it's not a transformable mech, but a guy wearing chunks of his motorcycle, and thus the appeal for me is lost. Too, it lacks the more streamlined look of the Moto-slave and Garland in its bike mode. 

Looked up Zillion, as I was unfamiliar. The transforming trike is ok; not as striking as the Garland, which potentially would have made a better trike design than a two wheeled cycle, but I digress. Anyway, the Zillion bike reminds me of the MotoRaptor from D.I.C.E. http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2005/motoraptor  Some of the D.I.C.E. designs were interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 C'mon NY, give me a price I can't refuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they releasing the support truck later on?  (in scale with this?) - 6 long is mighty small for $300cdn... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the Max pre-order? Would love tho ship them together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I placed an order on HLJ just in case, plus they have hassle free cancellation. I am also wondering about the Max Pre-order kinda strange it was not announced. I was actually waiting for the PF version of Max and Millia. I already have a Yamato set and figured if I'm double dipping I might as well go PF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. Can anyone advise, this Arcadia New release is a complete New mould or just reissue on the Yamato?

Edited by erizai
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 7:05 PM, erizai said:

Hi guys. Can anyone advise, this Arcadia New release is a complete New mould or just reissue on the Yamato?

It's new. Arcadia is 1/24 scale. Yamato is 1/15 scale. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 9:29 AM, no3Ljm said:

Man. Instant pass for me. Like I said, I rather invest that amount range to Sentinel's upcoming Ride Armor. Having seen both Arcadia's and Fewture's prices, I might buy 2 Sentinel Ride Armors. :rolleyes:

 

Have you sen Sentinel's pricing for similar (arguablly lesser) figures? It's likely that their Ride Armor will be more expensive than either Garland. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from buying at least one or two of them. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expensive but looks good in bike mode. I need to watch this asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×