Megahouse TV Ver. SDF-1

wmkjr

I wouldn't take too much stock in what those pictures on AmiAmi look like. To me it looks like a 3d printed prototype thats been painted. Look at how all the large pieces have rows of 'lines' everywhere that are characteristic of something that has come off a 3d printer and not been cleaned up yet.

I wouldn't take too much stock in what those pictures on AmiAmi look like. To me it looks like a 3d printed prototype thats been painted. Look at how all the large pieces have rows of 'lines' everywhere that are characteristic of something that has come off a 3d printer and not been cleaned up yet.

Hopefully there's a possibility they made the "upper legs" bigger for the final product. Doubt it though.

Edited by fifbeat

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that prototype is still made of some sort of heavier solid plastic or resin, making the extra stands necessary.

Looks decent, though the ship/arms still look a bit too narrow. It's still a nice size to park on top of a desk, which is all I'm really after. :)

So I happened to click on the AmiAmi SDF-1 link and saw some newer pics (new to me at least) and wow it looks lame. Every single pic has stands holding up the arms and even cruiser mode is saggy in the middle.

What is this, the Macross Quarter? :p

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-014860&page=rt_02

For its price point, that's kind of expected. What sucks is the parts forming. Wished it was at least a solid modular transformation.

• 5 weeks later...

Great packaging.

If they follow Perfect Memory, it should look nice.

I've read a lot of complaints here about it not being line art accurate here.

But I don't have an eye for that.

cancelled my pre-order with HLJ. Just isn't floating my boat if you know what I mean.. kinda looks a little crappy to be honest. I'll wait for Arcadia to re-issue or renew their 1:3000 toy instead. But if that never comes then wot'evs..

But if it was ever re-issued, that would be a DYRL version not TV. I have incredibly fond memories of the TV version as a kid growing up in the 80's. Although I slightly prefer the design of the DYRL version, my emotional attachment for the TV SDF-1 is much greater.

For what it is, I'm loving how it looks so far. Can't wait for it to be released. Also,does it look like it's been revised since that prototype was shown months ago?

Totally agree! Can't wait for this little guy! I think it looks great for what it is! I mean the damn ship never looked the same twice in the old anime anyways! :p

I think this is the first time I've ever looked at packaging for a toy and felt anything for it. Isn't the Hi-Metal R line doing something similar with their packages?

Takatoku. Man, that takes me back.

Not too enamored with what I've seen so far, but I'll keep my preorder. Only decent TV SDF-1 coming out and maybe, just maybe, we'll eventually see a Battle 7 and/or Battle Frontier join the Cosmo Fleet line (slim as that hope may be).

A Macross Quarter that can hold its own arms up would be nice too. :p

I think this is the first time I've ever looked at packaging for a toy and felt anything for it. Isn't the Hi-Metal R line doing something similar with their packages?

Takatoku. Man, that takes me back.

Yep....Bandai is doing the same thing....basically going with awesome illustrated boxart for the HMR line.....and they may be going the "diorama" boxart with the upcoming Monster, which was also employed for their original Hi-Metal releases of the mid-80's....

Actually, this whole retro packaging revival started with the Orguss Hi-Spec release from Mega House last year or so....

14604_8.jpg

Note the box styling, colors and fonts from the original Takatoku release....

Orguss%20Takatoku%20Pic1_zpsocl5jn7q.jpg

As a collector of old-school Macross....I really appreciate the added effort on packaging being done for some of these releases

Based on the box alone, glad I didn't cancel my order! :) And damn.... their new Orguss looks awesome. Too bad I missed it :(

DAMN!!!! Thanks, but no thanks. $200 maybe...

P.S. Sorry to get off course in the thread.

True. But they do however sell it first for Y35000 MSRP. Like I said in the Orguss thread, if they lowered the price to let's say $200, yes, I will buy another one. ;)

I came for SDF-1 updates and got another reminder of bummed I am about missing out on that Orgroid. Ugh.

Anyway, back on topic - the box looks glorious. This is still set for a March release, right?

Don't worry. You can get the Olson Orguss once it's out. ;)

Yeah i regret passing on that orguss but at the time i was swamped with other preorders and couldn't get the funds together. Hopefully they re-release it. Isn't the olson one out soon or was it already released?

It's not yet released. There's no official date yet when they're going to release it. I'm thinking probably around 3rd/4th Qtr of this year or early next year. Like what they did with the Orguss, from what I remember, announce it early 2014 and release it the following year. So we still have time to save $300 for it. ^_^

I've actually never liked the Orson. I know it's popular but aesthetically I've just never liked the color scheme.

I'll keep hoping for a reissue of the first.

That's true. Never liked the color too. It's too blue for me. If it were a little more greyish color, then it will be perfect for me. ;) But I do hope they also make Nikick in the future.

Back to topic, how I wish they sent out the payment request for this so I can ship it along with the VF-2SS. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...