Jump to content
Valkyrie addict

Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, monishb said:

Not sure how you came to a conclusion that most of us live in the other hemisphere since there are no real numbers to go by here anyway. I'm sure some countries have better agreements in place for cost. In the end it's not an unreasonable cost for today's day and age.

Not to go off topic, but there's a pretty good sampling of people that participated in this map.

Macross World Member Map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pretty good overview of where all our members are at

11 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Not to go off topic, but there's a pretty good sampling of people that participated in this map.

Macross World Member Map

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I used to buy from NY a lot when I lived in Tacoma Wa. around 3 yrs ago, and I remember their shipping prices being fairly good compared to HLJ. Now I live in Japan and NY's prices to either my APO AP (military post address) or my physical Japanese address are ridiculously expensive, so I quit buying from them period. With HLJ, I pay a 4% tax but i never pay more than 6-7 dollars for shipping AND I always get my stuff delivered in less than 2 days, including weekends... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder that talking or implying about the current POTUS or his administration is against the rules under the no politics section.  

 

Now back to our regularly scheduled rounds of picking apart the current Valk-o-the-day.   Or shipping woes.   I'm in the group for "cheapest as long as it gets there" group.  That means NY for the most part for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not here to take pot shots and I don't care where people buy from. Again, I have done my own comparisons and for me, NY is about the same and sometimes cheaper than HLJ for shipping. YMMV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my RA today. The wait was long. Too long. 10 days and it was shipped via EMS. I took a look at the EMS website and it was actually reported that "due to stricter custom clearance" i might have experienced some delays. Well, that was true. I actually laughed a little when i read that because Italy was put in the same group of countries like the Gaza strip, Haiti, Georgia. 

I don't mean to be disrespectful to any other country or members who post here, but being treated like a war zone or a third world country is really sad. Although i do realize every day more and more that in the last few years Italy is becoming a third world country or in some case even worst.

Anyhow I just wanted to warn any other Italian member on this forum: If you are waiting for some package shipped via EMS you should expect some delays.

Anyway, back to business, i did not put the parts on my VF-0S yet. They look very nice but i was a little disappointed by the lack of panel lines(which is something Arcadia does since the 0D) and the sticker sheet definitely had less stickers than i was expecting. Hopefully Arcadia was able to produce some better quality stickers at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me personally NY's shipping went up if only because they dropped FedEx and switched to UPS, which is MASSIVELY overpriced.  But I won't ship via EMS due to my horrible local post office "service."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Why isn't it fair to compare them? The postulate that was given was that NY shipping is the same as HLJ. That is categorically false. 

HLJ EMS shipping for Golion was only marginally more than FedEx. 

On a side note, like many others it's pretty rare for me to ship only one item from HLJ. I usually won't ship till near the end of 60 days when I have tons of stuff, which further drives down the cost of shipping. 

Because you are comparing rates from different shipping companies to make the difference seem larger than it actually is than they were to use the same shipping company base on official rates.  It wasnt saying nippon yasan shipping rate is the same as hlj, not even sure who was saying that in the first place.

my understanding is everyone that shopped from nippon yasan before knows that they charge more for shipping.  There was no question on that. Hate their extra shipping cost invoice and now their slow processing.

Hlj normally have the best shipping rate and i also wait til close to my 60 days to ship all my items by fedex. 

Soc golion , dx vf-31 , 3x figmas , 3x 1/12 scale Synthetic Human.  All for 5000 yen by fedex.  You really cant beat that price.

Nippon-yasan on certain items is also cheaper than hlj.  So if you can get in on their preorder, that grand total even with their higher shipping cost is comparable to hlj, sometimes their grand total is what hlj charges before shipping.   

Edited by F360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, F360 said:

 

Nippon-yasan on certain items is also cheaper than hlj.  So if you can get in on their preorder, that grand total even with their higher shipping cost is comparable to hlj, sometimes their grand total is what hlj charges before shipping.   

indeed, as i stated before, there lower price + shipping charge is even lower than hlj price without shipping, that alone makes it really cheap for some items. Thats why ordered the RA with them and cancelled with hlj i saved like 40 bucks on shipping alone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, erikos0311 said:

Yeah, I used to buy from NY a lot when I lived in Tacoma Wa. around 3 yrs ago, and I remember their shipping prices being fairly good compared to HLJ. Now I live in Japan and NY's prices to either my APO AP (military post address) or my physical Japanese address are ridiculously expensive, so I quit buying from them period. With HLJ, I pay a 4% tax but i never pay more than 6-7 dollars for shipping AND I always get my stuff delivered in less than 2 days, including weekends... :)

You're telling me that NY's shipping rates are higher in Japan than the US? That's crazy.

2 hours ago, Ryoma said:

I got my RA today. The wait was long. Too long. 10 days and it was shipped via EMS. I took a look at the EMS website and it was actually reported that "due to stricter custom clearance" i might have experienced some delays. Well, that was true. I actually laughed a little when i read that because Italy was put in the same group of countries like the Gaza strip, Haiti, Georgia. 

I don't mean to be disrespectful to any other country or members who post here, but being treated like a war zone or a third world country is really sad. Although i do realize every day more and more that in the last few years Italy is becoming a third world country or in some case even worst.

Anyhow I just wanted to warn any other Italian member on this forum: If you are waiting for some package shipped via EMS you should expect some delays.

Anyway, back to business, i did not put the parts on my VF-0S yet. They look very nice but i was a little disappointed by the lack of panel lines(which is something Arcadia does since the 0D) and the sticker sheet definitely had less stickers than i was expecting. Hopefully Arcadia was able to produce some better quality stickers at least. 

A lot of places won't even ship to Italy. I heard through general gossip that Italy's postal service is notorious for packages going missing and employee's stealing stuff resulting in a few places simply not shipping there at all. That makes me sad as i'm from Italy/Croatia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, NY is the better shipping option for me price wise. HLJ parcels alway get hit by Custom and duties fees. My NY parcels never get hit with those fees due to NY undervaluing them. So with almost 2 weeks of waiting for them to ship, it's still unfortunately worth it for me to go with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, treatment said:

That is so SWEET! :wub:

14 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Not a recall per se just a notice:

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products. 

With regard to "1/60 VF - 0 Support Reactive Armor" which was released on February 10, 2017, a mistake in printing was found in the product image on the left side of the product package. 

Regarding this matter, we are very sorry for the circumstances of our company, but we will respond in the form of sending a design sticker that modified the part of the printing mistake. 
Although I am very sorry to trouble you, I would like you to paste this sticker at the customer's own mistake in the print mistake part. 

As for the distribution of this sticker, since it is currently undergoing printing work, we will notify you again on HP as soon as preparation is completed. 
After that, if you can inform us of "Design sticker hope" to our customer, we will ship in order. 

We truly apologized for causing inconvenience to our customers. 
Thank you for your continued patronage and continued patronage.
 

From Arcadia's website http://arcadia.ac/user_data/notice4.php

Thanks wmkjr! So it's not a product error then. Just a printing mistake. Don't want to receive item that has a defect then read this notice afterwards. Hehehe. :lol:

 

As for the shipping cost discussion, here's my only take. Overall, HLJ somehow have a cheaper shipping cost, but don't expect an AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan level of protection. HLJ doesn't give 'value' on the box/packaging of your toy. Just saying. ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gallery_21587_791_196517.jpeg

My Reactive Armors haven't come in yet but this is me not minding the wait because I got them for a damn good price even with shipping included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my RA parts landed in the country a few hours ago but at this late stage of the day there still hasn't been any further tracking events.. so I kinda doubt I will see them before the weekend. Australia Post can be quite slow. Fingers crossed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my RA is at the post office to get picked up... in other news, saw that HLJ has more Arcadia VF-0A available. lol. i guess with the armor, they re-released a bunch more jets to go with it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just got mine and it does look a bit better in person compared to pictures. Although for some reason I was expecting it to look bigger and bulkier. I guess having the 19" Mega Action Series Optimus Prime for the last few weeks will make any other toy seem kinda small by comparison.

One thing to point out though is it can't hold the gun properly anymore while the armor's on. I know that was kinda assumed way back before the actual release, but I can pretty much confirm it now. If people are able to get it to hold the gun, it's either they're "cheating" it on or I'm doing it completely wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

So I just got mine and it does look a bit better in person compared to pictures. Although for some reason I was expecting it to look bigger and bulkier. I guess having the 19" Mega Action Series Optimus Prime for the last few weeks will make any other toy seem kinda small by comparison.

One thing to point out though is it can't hold the gun properly anymore while the armor's on. I know that was kinda assumed way back before the actual release, but I can pretty much confirm it now. If people are able to get it to hold the gun, it's either they're "cheating" it on or I'm doing it completely wrong.

You have to try it harder...

0619-440x660.jpg

Yeah... we have to cheat a little. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY finally shipped mine. Funny it gets shipped 12 hrs after I sent them a ticket about it. Coincidence hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sandman said:

 

A lot of places won't even ship to Italy. I heard through general gossip that Italy's postal service is notorious for packages going missing and employee's stealing stuff resulting in a few places simply not shipping there at all. That makes me sad as i'm from Italy/Croatia. 

 

You are not wrong. Our postal service di get better in the last few years though. I personally never had a package lost or stolen but most of my parcels are shipped via private carriers.

The real problem now is waiting 10 days or more to get an EMS shipment and the import fee who is about 25% of the value of the item and the shipping(totally ridicouolus).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You have to try it harder...

0619-440x660.jpg

Yeah... we have to cheat a little. ^_^

 

You can also cheat more than a little by having dual gunpods  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sandman said:

NY finally shipped mine. Funny it gets shipped 12 hrs after I sent them a ticket about it. Coincidence hmmm...

I made a ticket yesterday and mine hasn't shipped yet so it may be a coincidence. Definitely ordering elsewhere for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

OT: :( am not in that list 

add yourself in it, i did it back in the day when i joined the forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

add yourself in it, i did it back in the day when i joined the forums

Just did it. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Bomber said:

add yourself in it, i did it back in the day when i joined the forums

How do you are yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/33610-who-and-where-in-the-world-are-you-ii-intro-and-location/?page=1

Pretty easy to do with the instructions.  Looking at those pics now  I must try a dual gunpod pose.

Done. Disappointed that their isn't more Canadian representation. There has to be more of us Canadian Macross fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Done. Disappointed that their isn't more Canadian representation. There has to be more of us Canadian Macross fans?

We'll "crazy canuck" was a very active member back in the day!!!

I wonder what happens to some members that suddenly disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Done. Disappointed that their isn't more Canadian representation. There has to be more of us Canadian Macross fans?

Imagine about my country, im the only one listed! XD

People dosent collect macross that much here i guess. Good thing is i got asked to exhibit my collection on the upcoming comic con set for august and ill make sure to give macross valks the spot light they deserve.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

Imagine about my country, im the only one listed! XD

People dosent collect macross that much here i guess. Good thing is i got asked to exhibit my collection on the upcoming comic on set for august and ill make sure to give macross valks the spot light they deserve.

 Así es somos pocos los de Sud America pero estamos presentes!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious. Someone must have erased me from the map. I don't see myself there anymore.

Anyway, I think I'm getting my RA from NY tomorrow if the tracking is any indication. Really looking forward to having it in my hands after seeing all these other pics from people who didn't order from NY...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

 Así es somos pocos los de Sud America pero estamos presentes!!!

asi es, ojala siga creciendo!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Taking notes on places to loot...

jk

lololololol ill be :ph34r: from now on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying on something different for a change.20170223_130846.thumb.jpg.e0a60f88610e20da144b47a263ca8ffa.jpg20170223_131251.thumb.jpg.e0ca5485b25dbd1dc60762720d71971d.jpg

and no that's not the VF-0D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...