Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Gundam@EFSF said:
ARCADIA 1/60《MACROSS ZERO》 VF-0對應 REACTIVE ARMOR

Wait for months and the price doesn't drop.... grabbed it finally at USD 151
http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2017/06/arcadia-160macross-zero-vf-0-reactive.html

Great photos!  :good: 

I'm on the classic default theme so I didn't notice there was a text above the link. Sorry, old guy here. I just like the white background minimalist look. ^_^ 

I added background color to see what it says. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i thought you fixed it? 

tried several times but I just can't get the hip joint to an acceptable state. Frankly, it's a terrible design and I don't understand how it works on the 0S.

Edited by anime52k8

5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

tried several times but I just can't get the hip joint to an acceptable state. Frankly, it's a terrible design and I don't understand how it works on the 0S.

do you have any spare yeti nubs?  whatever you do don't put any super glue in the metal housing of the ball joint. if it's done correct, the hip bar and the ball shouldn't be able to pop out of the joint enclosure even if the nub is not glued. test it before gluing on a nub, if the hip bar is popping out, the enclosure is the problem. 

mRToFFd.jpg

0ocpUGX.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I've fixed my 0A multiple times now too... I also wonder what they did to make the 0S work or why we've seen fewer failures on the 0D. I can get my 0A leg to stay on pretty well with the YetiStand nub but the hip is pretty loose. The original nub needs to be handled gingerly and eventually fails. 

Honestly, I don't understand this kit release at all. What is the market for this? 

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Hey everyone. I saw a Twitter post on Facebook about the Armor pack, and I was just wondering: Is this the Reactive Armor pack as a kit, or is it a VF-0A/S + Reactive Armor kit?

Arcadia Twitter says '1/60 VF-0compatible Reactive Armor Kit.'

Edited by no3Ljm

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

kinda pricey for a kit.:mellow:

True. Arcadia posted on their site for Y12960.

Photos from their site:

HlfPOEb.jpg

R4AcHE6.jpg

Ga5n2Rk.jpg

They should've made all light grey like the shade of grey on the chest missile cover. It's an instant buy for me if it is because I really want one with that kind of grey. :rolleyes:

Not really interested in this, which is too bad. I want to support Arcadia releasing kits, but without a VF-0 I can customize along with the RA I just don't see the need to get it. Hopefully enough other people purchase this to encourage Arcadia to release other kits. I will be pretty :angry: though if they release a VF-0 kit after this has sold out.

Hard to say, but looking at the unpainted kit makes the painted version ever much desirable, esp with the red/green and gold trims at the back.

That being said, on the kit, am half interested to see what markings/stickers if they are, included in this kit.

Markings really do significantly improve the look of the RA.

Edited by seti88

10 hours ago, F360 said:

kinda pricey for a kit.:mellow:

Yep!  Arcadia priced themselves out of my range (especially for what you get) a while ago for me.

I mean... the prefinished release is only 5000 yen more, and you can find the long out of production Hasegawa kit still selling for significantly less than either of these, AND it comes with the VF-0S included. It's a bit smaller in scale, but only just.

This is just bad pricing strategy, or at least in the eyes of this particular plebeian.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hard to say, but looking at the unpainted kit makes the painted version ever much desirable, esp with the red/green and gold trims at the back.

That being said, on the kit, am half interested to see what markings/stickers if they are, included in this kit.

Markings really do significantly improve the look of the RA.

^ This. ^_^ 

I rather paint my regular one instead of paint the whole thing since I only want the blue parts on my regular one to be grey. And I get to keep the red/green clear parts and gold trims in the booster since they look superb. :wub: