Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

I arrive late to the party but I really happy this armor Gives a new look to the phoenix 
and by the way not had problems attaching the chest piece

the only complains that I have are the shoulder pads connectors because looks ugly Although they are functional not doubt about it

also the rear lapel attach system could be better I prefer that hasegawa kit use

and finally still thinking a couple of bigger hands and feet are necesary to give a better Proportion and appearance

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

I had a fiddle with the chest piece to see if I could get it to fit on a bit better but no joy.. even doing a partial transformation and back to battroid to see if the Valkyrie itself wasn't transformed correctly but the chest piece armor just doesn't want to snap on properly. I might try my other Zero-S and see if it works better on that one. Oh well. Its holding on well enough now so its fine if I don't touch it.

Edited by spanner

my advice for attach the chest piece is first try to hook the inferior flanges and finally the superior flange you have listen a click and done 

and for the shoulders parts if is true made the assembly easiest is not very Aesthetic

still prefer the cover option because the arcadia choise give me the sensation there are floating 

and the color election in black of connectors it makes them stand out when should they go unnoticed

anyway I want to suppose arcadia think this "solution" for the weight that the arms did not support

Picked up the reactive armor on amiami, as well as a VF-0S on Jungle (lucky find too, at a really good price of 32k yen). 

This is a dream piece for me, considering M0 is my introduction (and favorite) to the Macross series. 

I was disappointed Yamato never made a RA, but I'm glad Arcadia took up the job (bulky proportions aside). 

Picked up mine from the post office this morning. It's a work of art!!!!

The chest piece fits very well. I can pick the VF by the chest armor and it doesn't pop off.

I was doing it wrong first. The upper tabs near the protrusions that cover the tanks should be over the VF-0 chestplate (not against it) tjen the lower tabs click in very well. The chest armor "grabs" the chest piece from above and below.  Will try to illustrate with pics later.

I think they might have needed to make the shoulder armor that wide to keep it proportional with the chest piece (which itself is rather bulky).

ymmv, but I like this interpretation. I feel that the "slimmer" models out there can do so because they can afford a slim battroid profile since they don't transform.

In pictures they look a bit too wide but in person I think the shoulder launchers help fill out the overall bulky look. I wish there were missile pods on the legs to help bulk them up even more, I think there was even concept art for that at some point.

50 minutes ago, dizman said:

In pictures they look a bit too wide but in person I think the shoulder launchers help fill out the overall bulky look. I wish there were missile pods on the legs to help bulk them up even more, I think there was even concept art for that at some point.

Oh yes there is. But it's not a missile launcher though. It's grenade crusher launcher based on the lineart. But you have to admit, Arcadia should have added that as an option part. ;)

variable_fighter_master_file_vf_0_phoenix_0070.jpg

This image is from Valhary's post in Kurisama's thread.

4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

The chest piece fits very well. I can pick the VF by the chest armor and it doesn't pop off.

I wouldn't recommend picking it up that way. It's secure enough not to fall off on its own, but I think it's a risky move since the locking tabs that go under the chest are pretty small.

I haven't got my set yet, but I was wondering if the VF-0's hips can handle the weight of the RA when the hips are extended. Can one of you guys speak to this?

In the collectionDX review, the whole chest appeared a bit wobbly after Veef extended the hips. However, to achieve some of those mean looking poses in Dengeki Hobby, you definitely need hip extension.

Just don't want to wear the hips down prematurely from the weight.

56 minutes ago, spanner said:

and I really like those leg missile pods! are they missile pods? wot ev's.. ^_^ I still like em!

The shoulder missile pods should've been a bit narrower to match the line art.. <_<

Agreed. And to be honest, the leg armors looks wider in the lineart. Why Arcadia? Why? :lol:

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Because they want to release an updated version in 10 years...:D

I'm probably done with this hobby by then. And my soon-to-be-teenage son probably sold my collections too so that he can go to college. Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm probably done with this hobby by then. And my soon-to-be-teenage son probably sold my collections too so that he can go to college. Hahaha! :lol:

even if arcadia releases frontier valks? Or valks with ful tampo and lighted led's? Or vf-0's in masterfile colors? Or...you get the drift :p

i honestly thk by then i would still collect but at a way slower pace lol...

15 minutes ago, spanner said:

LOL!! Arcadia probably (most likely) won't be around in 10 years! :rofl: 

True. :rolleyes:

I wonder. In the next 10 years, how many reissues they're going to produce instead of making new ones. :unsure: