Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Thanks for the response!!

It's not that a big deviation from the lineart IMO. In this case I like it being bulkier (and I am a lineart nazi!!).

Wish there was another option for you to choose from.

LOL....guess you're not as fanatical as you think you are....

I do not need another option...as I said...it is the only game in town....If I could deal with ET's VF-2SS...I could deal with a chunky PWS-0X....just calling it as I see it....

HLJ sure isn't offering up much of a discount!

this is true but I think most aren't so fussed paying that little bit more as it more than makes up for it with their customer service!

those few dollars difference is kinda like an insurance policy in case anything is wrong with the product..

Edited by spanner

Every penny counts! Almost $30 less than HLJ and the ability to combine, plus they've actually been comparable or cheaper than HLJ for shipping means I'm glad I waited. I swore off NY a while ago because they pissed me off but their recent prices for Macross items are too good to pass.

Ooo that's a nice price via NY..normally I would have gone for that but since I snagged the draken at hlj too am hoping shipping once from hlj would be cheaper than shipping from 2 separate orders from 2 retailers...I wish I knew in advance what hlj combined shipping would cost though.

Every penny counts! Almost $30 less than HLJ and the ability to combine, plus they've actually been comparable or cheaper than HLJ for shipping means I'm glad I waited.

Preordered 2 at NY instead. Even with the points I have at Amiami wouldn't make the total price cheaper.

NY stopped shipping via FedEx though.

Not only that it's only $8 more from HLJ via FedEx than it would be from NY with Registered EMS. No contest, HLJ's service and the Albuquerque branch of FedEx isn't likely to lose my crap like the Postal Service and UPS will and for only $8 more.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah, NY just killed it at that price. You can get the armor and have it shipped for less than the base price at HLJ.

You guys made me think now since I PO'ed 2 at HLJ. :rolleyes: The only advantage I have is that when I decided to cancel one, I can do so with HLJ hassle-free. With NY, I'll probably get account suspended. :lol:

Well I did qualify my statement with "usually." :)

For that price hell yeah I'll buy it from NY!

Just hope nothing arrives broken. That's never happened with an Arcadia product before, right?

Remember YF-19? :rolleyes:

The VF-0S price is going to surge.

I'm dead certain Arcadia will re-release their VF-0S some time after the armor. They are stupid otherwise.

Don't wait for it. Better grab one now if you still don't have one. Even if it's a used one. ;)

NY stopped shipping via FedEx though.

Not only that it's only $8 more from HLJ via FedEx than it would be from NY with Registered EMS. No contest, HLJ's service and the Albuquerque branch of FedEx isn't likely to lose my crap like the Postal Service and UPS will and for only $8 more.

You know what, I'd go with Mommar's reasoning as well. I tried sampling 'in-stock' Valkyrie items on both shops (HLJ and NY) and compared them based on assumption that Arcadia's Armor boxes will have the same size as what they have in-stock. And it's true it's just $8 more on HLJ. Actually, it was $10 on my computation. I guess it really depends on the price. But still. So even if NY has the cheapest base price. It's the shipping cost that increases on NY. And having tried HLJ's FedEx options for large packages, I rather stick my 2 Armor PO's with HLJ. :rolleyes:

I don't like dealing with NY but I've never had a problem cancelling with them...given, I've only done it a couple times at most. I agree HLJ is the easiest to deal with but again, money talks. Saving $10-$20+ to get the same item in the end is a no-brainer for me. In all my recent comparisons of shipping prices, NY was actually cheaper but I always choose the cheap SAL with insurance if available.

Anyways, glad this is out of the way and now I'm just hoping for an improved release of the 0A or another huge sale for the 0S like HLJ had.

You guys are lucky with NY shipping prices. When compared to HLJ I always pay almost double when using EMS with NY. I use NY for limited or exclusive items. I'm located in Argentina South America and NY EMS rates are extremely expensive.

So it's 99% with hlj for me.

You guys are lucky with NY shipping prices. When compared to HLJ I always pay almost double when using EMS with NY. I use NY for limited or exclusive items. I'm located in Argentina South America and NY EMS rates are extremely expensive.

Same here ignacio. I bought a lot from NY before and their ems rate are way too expensive. I use registred airmail with them to me it affordable.

Tambien hacia lo mismo...pero desde que aduana empezo a cobrarme los impuestos por los paquetes EMS de HLJ, me cambie a NY incluso si su EMS es mas caro me salia mejor que pagar los impuestos. (que son un 30% del producto y envío combinado).

Tambien hacia lo mismo...pero desde que aduana empezo a cobrarme los impuestos por los paquetes EMS de HLJ, me cambie a NY incluso si su EMS es mas caro me salia mejor que pagar los impuestos. (que son un 30% del producto y envío combinado).

Aca en cambio no tengo ese problema. Siempre y cuando venga a traves de correo regular y no pase de 400 ni mas de 4 kilos pago 0 impuestos. Lo malo es que ese limite me encarece ya que a veces todo lo que tengo en el PW de hlj me sale mas barato por fedex por el peso pero si lo hago me revientan los impuestos.

Yeah, I never EMS or fedex anything unless I have to. No reason to pay more just to get something I've waited months already for a few days sooner.

I'll never do business with FedEx ever again.