Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Possibly....

I do not think there is "armor" missing for the "front" part...it is just covering the back of the wings....it's just that the current position of the wing tips is way too low....making them look way to exposed when looking at them from the front...I feel the available line art supports the wings not being as exposed as they are on the Arcadia PWS-0X armor...

The CAD for the proposed cannon fodder VF-0 seems to have its wings more recessed.....maybe they realized the problem but it was too late for the already released VF-0S/A....

mpvf0ateaser.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

I think there is a lil anime magic going on for the wings for the 0A CF pic...the promo for the 0S already had the wings tips exposed quite far down...post-15116-0-49998500-1476506244_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-45459600-1476506296_thumb.jpg

Agreed is hard to unsee the wings but not much of a biggie to me..this would be better covered in the 0A/S thread...

I just hope the articulation of the 0S with RA would enable a pose with gunpod blazing like in the OVA...

post-15116-0-83329400-1476507051_thumb.jpg

Are you sure the wings are supposed to be covered from the front? The coloring on that line art is not official. Is there other art to judge by? I don't have my M0 dvds handy.

At first I thought there is an armor piece covering up the front of the wings. After looking at the picture on M³ some more I was convinced that it looks that way because of shading and shadows. Now I don't know what to think anymore. :(

Ok...so pulled the Macross Chronicle that covers the PWS-0X....

The line art on Mr. March's site is correct.....and just about the only "official" line art available (the VFMF illustrations for the PWS-0X would support the Arcadia interpretation more so than the official line-art...but IMO it is wrong and hopefully, Arcadia did not use that as their "gold standard"...if so, they screwed up) ....there definitely is no "armor" covering the back side of the wings, which is what we see when viewing it "head-on".....so they are definitely exposed....however, Arcadia's execution has left those wings "over-exposed", which would also mean the back armor plate that covers the "top" of the wings when viewing it from behind...is too long.....anime magic I suppose.... -_-

But since the VF-0S suited in the PWS-0X armor is not transformable anyways, it wouldn't have hurt to supply "shorter wings" and a shorter back armor plate if collectors did not mind the parts-forming.....same could have been done with the hands.....providing a set of "armor-use" hands.....maybe a PWS-0X V 2.0 will address this....or an HMR! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_640_1239324.jpg

gallery_12176_640_409206.jpg

Finally.....even Tenjin went with the minimally exposed wings look in his illustration...... :wub:

It would seem like the bottom of the back armor plate should be at the same level as the front "crotch" armor plate....which makes sense in "real-world/in-universe" application...this setup would allow for minimal exposure to the wings...either from the front or back.....

gallery_12176_640_613170.jpg

Arcadia's PWS-0X is also too chunky IMO..at least looking at it head-on....unlike the GBP, which even in the lineart is bulky, the lineart portrays the PWS-0X as "slimmer"....the GBP is like an offensive lineman and the PWS-0X should be more like a running back....

ar51.jpg

Arcadia's PWS-0X reminds me of a Yamato's GBP V 1.0 armor when compared to the V 2.0 (which IMHO runs a bit "skinny").....

Still...it's the only game in town and looks OK from behind and from side views I suppose..... ;)

IMO, in taking a bit of liberty from the line art, Tenjin corrected the length, thus extending the crotch armor plate so it makes sense....

In working with a 3D rendition, and not devising or wanting to devise a solution for the "long wings"....Arcadia's proportions in the waist area just end up looking way off when compared to the lineart.....

I think someone would be able to easily "fix" the over-exposed wings issue by designing a new backplate and mock wing tips or the entire "shortened" wing assembly ala-HMR.....

Unfortunately, there is no shapeways "diet pill" to get rid of the chunkiness..... :p

Edited by jvmacross

Hmmm...well it isn't perfect, but it's what we get. I did specifically snatch a VF-0S for this dang thing, so despite the lineart proportions being skewed, still getting one. The question is where to buy? I like hobby search, but normally they have preorders for the week posted early, so people know it's coming up. Not seeing it added on their site. I guess it's HLJ...which I don't like too much...

Expecting swappable wings on the 1/60 valks would be ridiculous. The only way to do that would be to dismantle the back to swap the wings. They couldn't be clip ins that rely on friction like on the smaller, lighter HMR's (which still get loose anyway.)

They could maybe do it like the VF-171's wings but I'd probably lose or break the pegs. The wings looks just like the preview image in the beginning of this thread and it's already coming so I just gonna wait for the PO.

Edited by wmkjr

I'm sure someone will make a shapeways plate that can mount to one of the exposed missile hardpoints to cover the exposed wings from the front so that's not really a big deal. The only thing really off about the reactive armor to me is that the shoulder missiles pods are a hair too wide but it's not enough for me to curse Arcadia's name.

Does the gun pod fit in the hand with those forearm armors?

Am hoping that it would, after all, it did look like in the animation there was one.

Perhaps it would fit if it lay at an angle or loose around the palm ...or if there is a separate hand support on the front portion of the gunpod.. ala two handed...

Edited by seti88

Even for a moment I forgot there were pegs attached to the backpack to support the shoulder armors! I do wish the entire armor proportions were a tad slimmer for a more agile looking suit but this does look more like a prequel to the chunkiness of the vf-1 gbp...

If am not mistaken preorders normally open 4 pm local Tokyo ie GMT +9..

but since its arcadia i dont thk there would b madness preordering, however stranger things may happen...

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/277358/

post-15116-0-82143200-1476803592_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-55355000-1476803627_thumb.jpg

and finally gunpod in hand!

post-15116-0-47544600-1476803565_thumb.jpg

Looks a lil clumsy and i wonder if it can be two handed but hey at least it fits..sorta..pew pew! :p

Edited by seti88

I don't think the Gunpod's grip is resting properly on the Valk's hand just by basing it on that angle. More like, slipping in the trigger finger in the hole, and let the back part rests by the chest area. And don't move him until your next display pose. :lol:

0619.jpg

To be honest, the more I see photos esp new ones, the more I want to get 2 sets rather than one. If only there's a way this one fits to the VF-0D without doing too much custom. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

Dont touch it and count the days until the arms sag from carrying the gunpod :ph34r: Looks like a wingtip from a gerwalk buddy would help balance the gunpod tip for the long run heheh :rolleyes: ...

man i need an extra wallet to get 2 ;) hikaru has been on a sortie run on wallets this year!

Is this a limited release or will it be available everywhere (hlj, etc.)?

its gonna be available at the usual retailers...