What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

I also see the yf-19 and vf-19 Kai. Are they dxs? It's hard for me to tell. If so it's interesting the choice of valks they chose. It's hard to deny they are going after Arcadia. Supriaed they would release basara's vf so soon after arcadia's release. Same with the yf. Kinda sucks for Arcadia after they released it. I guess we won't see any repaints.

Edited by Sandman

I also see the yf-19 and vf-19 Kai. Are they dxs? It's hard for me to tell. If so it's interesting the choice of valks they chose. It's hard to deny they are going after Arcadia. Supriaed they would release basara's vf so soon after arcadia's release. Same with the yf. Kinda sucks for Arcadia after they released it. I guess we won't see any repaints.

From the article its mentioned that it is 1/60 DX scale. Wishing for more pics on it but have a feeling it will roll in soon as the public gets in.

Hey is antibiotictab covering this on youtube?

Kinda weird that with all these Macross stuff from Tamashi Nations, there ain't a peep about the...

Chogokin Minmay doll.

They made Chogokin Hello Kitty and Friends, Jibanyan/Robonyan, and even that creepy Chogokin Miku, but no Chogokin Minmay doll still.

What's up with that, Bandai?

Not VF-4G but the good old FB2012 VF-4, Noel! That's a beige radome!!!

Oh yeah. My bad. I'm just used on typing the VF-4 with G nowadays. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Kinda weird that with all these Macross stuff from Tamashi Nations, there ain't a peep about the...

Chogokin Minmay doll.

They made Chogokin Hello Kitty and Friends, Jibanyan/Robonyan, and even that creepy Chogokin Miku, but no Chogokin Minmay doll still.

Chogokin Minmay doll? Pass. :lol: I'll rather buy a Figuarts Minmay. :wub: I don't want to see a creepy Minmay just like the creepy Miku Chogokin. :lol:

Chogokin Minmay doll.

I'll get one if Minmay can transform.

Chogokin Minmay doll.

Are you envisioning this?....If so, not a bad idea...I'd buy it....

ep18_minmay_doll.png

How can Bandai get the license for a 1/60 Macross Plus YF-19 and Mac 7 VF-19? Has Arcadia lost all its licenses???

Rumors say yes. The only thing we know for sure is that the have the Macross 0 license and most likely the VF-X one.

Edited by Scyla

We don't know....and I really doubt that somebody here can answer that question with real and consistent fact....we don't know how they sell the license. ..maybe by scale...maybe by serie....maybe by toy...we don't know....I think we have to stop thinking about "who win or who lose the license"....because is not our problem. ..if somebody lose the license means that some body won it. And that is good because we are gonna keep getting macross stuff.

How can Bandai get the license for a 1/60 Macross Plus YF-19 and Mac 7 VF-19? Has Arcadia lost all its licenses???

Bandai's DX line makes no claim to scale. Arcadia's license is clearly scale specific (purposefully stated on the box of every Macross PT toy they've produced), even if the toys are rarely exactly 1/60. Bandai's stuff are all non-scale, even if it's patently obvious that they are 1/60 when measured or compared to Yamato/Arcadia's offerings. In the real of licensing that would mean that there is room for both, as long as BW grants the rights.

In the real of licensing that would mean that there is room for both, as long as BW grants the rights.

Hope this is the case. I know Bandai DX's are not scale specific, but I want both Arcadia and Bandai in bussiness pumping out macross toys!

Hope this is the case. I know Bandai DX's are not scale specific, but I want both Arcadia and Bandai in bussiness pumping out macross toys!

with all the announcements from bandai....i kind of wonder if arcadia has been tossed to the side by BW. then again there is no overlap. the closest there is is the vf-19 and yf-19 in similar scales. i really hope we get to see at least 2 or more companies doing macross perfect transformation valks...i mean i like bandai DX's but arcadia's stuff just seems more adult collector refined overall...so i'd hate to see that go away.

Bandai's DX line makes no claim to scale. Arcadia's license is clearly scale specific (purposefully stated on the box of every Macross PT toy they've produced), even if the toys are rarely exactly 1/60. Bandai's stuff are all non-scale, even if it's patently obvious that they are 1/60 when measured or compared to Yamato/Arcadia's offerings. In the real of licensing that would mean that there is room for both, as long as BW grants the rights.

No, that doesn't work. If you buy an exclusive license for a scale the licensor can't grant another entity the right to make a toy the same size, regardless of how it's labeled. If they did that they'd never be able to sell an exclusive license again.