What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

Xigfrid did his homework on the scale with the help of others from this site I believe, so I gotta go with yeh, it's that big.  Here's a pic with the Arcadia 19 and the Yamato 21.  If Bandai did a YF-21 new from the ground up in DX, I'd most likely bite!  

20160711_184945.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Wow, I am surprised that ghost is as large as it is, in comparison to the valkyrie.

I would have imagined the ghost to be significantly smaller... especially since it does not need to accommodate a pilot, both in terms of cockpit space and the G-force design considerations of having a person on-board.

While it could be argued that the pilot-related space in the Ghost is replaced with AI-computing, I would actually argue that the ghost's on-board computer is not that large, since we have seen from Macross Plus that the Ghost is networked, and from Macross Frontier that jamming can disable Ghosts, which could imply that much of the AI's computing might actually be hosted separately and the Ghost's internal computer may be just a small terminal or node.

More armor maybe? Bigger engines? More numerous or larger maneuvering thrusters? I really wonder now why the Ghost is so big.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Wow, I am surprised that ghost is as large as it is, in comparison to the valkyrie.

I would have imagined the ghost to be significantly smaller... especially since it does not need to accommodate a pilot, both in terms of cockpit space and the G-force design considerations of having a person on-board.

While it could be argued that the pilot-related space in the Ghost is replaced with AI-computing, I would actually argue that the ghost's on-board computer is not that large, since we have seen from Macross Plus that the Ghost is networked, and from Macross Frontier that jamming can disable Ghosts, which could imply that much of the AI's computing might actually be hosted separately and the Ghost's internal computer may be just a small terminal or node.

More armor maybe? Bigger engines? More numerous or larger maneuvering thrusters? I really wonder now why the Ghost is so big.

Lots of HM Missiles in it's bay for missile spam j/k. Could be the engines taking up most of the space to generate power for the  lasers and thrust.  Might be a early generation design thing (Pre Mac Zero). The QF-3000 was pretty large too I believe.

Edited by wmkjr

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

I wonder if bandai will tease a YF-21 as well during the next tamashii nations! You know its coming....just a matter of when....

Oh I'm in sir. I'm in. ^_^

On 4/26/2018 at 7:33 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

In real life most drones are actually pretty close to full sized aircraft.

I sort of wish Bandai would do a 1/60 scale version of the Hi-Metal R valkyries entitled "Hi-Metal Large". An exact scale up of their HMR counterparts, but with integrated landing gear, better hard points on the wing, cockpits canopies that open up, and integrated heat shield.

I wonder which would be considered the better toy... the Arcadia/Yamato v2 valkyrie, or the proposed Hi-Metal Large.

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I sort of wish Bandai would do a 1/60 scale version of the Hi-Metal R valkyries entitled "Hi-Metal Large". An exact scale up of their HMR counterparts, but with integrated landing gear, better hard points on the wing, cockpits canopies that open up, and integrated heat shield.

I wonder which would be considered the better toy... the Arcadia/Yamato v2 valkyrie, or the proposed Hi-Metal Large.

I think I will vote for your proposed Hi-Metal Large concept if Bandai will add an ab crunch and more shoulder joint articulation.

So I can display it like this. :wub: 

oct02-hj-page3.jpg

On 5/2/2018 at 4:29 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

They are prob going to skip 1/60 and go right to 1/48 for maximum win. 

I was hoping it would get released this year but my wallet has already taken such a beating hehe

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

• 2 weeks later...

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_comic-con/exhibition.html

It says "and more," but what that could be is anyone's guess.  Macross obviously isn't big enough to get its own Tamashii Nations event, but shoe-horning it into this comic-focused event might not happen.

I'll expect nothing, and if we get anything Macross related, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

kinda doubt there would be macross related news at this TN event. 

The release schedule for macross from bandai is kinda packed already for the remaining half of the year.
If any news, am expecting the next HMR announcement or perhaps a p-bandai super parts for the 31A.

That being said am not sure where bandai can slot in a HMR macross release after the ostrich in between all the DX releases.