What's next for Bandai? (Wish List)

ArchieNov

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Bandai should do the pink VF-19, white/purple VF-27, and aqua colored YF-25. Only those three left and they already completed Macross30 Valks. ^_^

Edited. At work earlier. Was typing fast. :lol:

They could also donthe other two YF-30 schemes just to reuse those molds as well.  Though the 30 should be adjusted to use some of the latching mechanisms of the 31.

• 3 weeks later...

I would LOVE more variations of the YF-30 mold. It's a wonderful mold, and I'd love to possess more than just the 1 that I have. Heck, it's such a good mold, I want there to be more variations so we don't all have to fight over the rare and very-expensive pieces of the 1 release so that EVERYONE can enjoy this mold.

In a perfect world, the new variations of the YF-30 would have some improvements, such as some way for the missile pack to hide out of sight in robot mode, like we can do with the VF-31. I'd love for variants to have DIFFERENT weapons in place of the missile pack. I'd like stronger, more-robust connections for the tailfins to stay connected to the main wing armature. I don't really see what can be done about the huge backpack or the rear-heavy balance issues, but I'd totally welcome whatever voodoo magic required to address these issues. 

But that's just a wish list. The mold is SO GOOD, as-is, I'd buy a straight-up re-release. 

I'd buy the variations of the other color schemes already used in the game.

I'd buy variations that never appeared in fiction before. The mold is THAT good. Isamu colors? Sure. Focker colors, with the yellow stripe and a skull and crossbones logo? Yes please. Different head variations? GIVE IT TO ME. The shape of the YF-30 is already quite close to the F-22, and I'd totally buy a gray "realistic" version. You know what else looks like the F-22? Guld's YF-21. You know what would look great in YF-21 colors? The YF-30.

Heck, you can paint it all colors of the rainbow like Action Master Thundercracker (Google it) and scent it with fruity flavors and I'd buy it.

However, I will NOT buy ANY transforming jet that has a giant drawing of a girl all over it. No. Sorry. That's where I draw the line.

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

2 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Heh. You know...I'd buy that. It's canonical to the TV show, and it's a fairly modestly sized decoration.

What I'm opposed to is the huge eyesore of literally having the girl drawing take up the majority of THE ENTIRE JET. No. NO!

Yeah, not a fan of those either. Clear releases too.

3 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Heh. You know...I'd buy that. It's canonical to the TV show, and it's a fairly modestly sized decoration.

What I'm opposed to is the huge eyesore of literally having the girl drawing take up the majority of THE ENTIRE JET. No. NO!

Watch out nah (canonical)

IMG_2279.JPG

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

23 minutes ago, valhary said:

once again I don't understand the bandai mold waste always believed at this time already released the delta variant

284045ac6fde275a40519053b15441b8--kamen-rider-cyborg.jpg

I KNOW, RIGHT? 

I'm not exactly asking for a Starscream+Skywarp+Thundercracker+Thrust+Dirge+Ramjet+Acid Rain+Sunstorm+Slipstream repaint overload with EVERY Macross toy, but I really don't understand why Bandai isn't AT MINIMUM releasing the canonical, in-fiction Valkyries at a steady pace using molds they've already created. For each re-release, the amount of retooling should be quite minimal (a new head, perhaps a different wing shape) and mostly just a matter of different colors.

Releasing the canonical color variants would present only benefit for the consumer and Bandai. Bandai can recoup the development costs for each mold, fans get more variety, and more supply means we don't need to charge each other up-to-4-digit prices on eBay for these things!

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

I'm wondering if they are even going to have any more delta releases after the VF-31C. There haven't been any reveals or announcements in a long time. I would have expected something well before the VF-31C release to keep the hype train going. Yet here we are a month away from that and nothing. It would be hard for me to imagine them not milking the delta/171 molds as much as they can, it is Bandai afterall, but I just don't get their game plan with these.

I need them to get through delta squadron before I can even have a chance at a VF-31A. And with the seemingly poor sales of the SV-262 it seems that the chances of a Roid version are slipping away.

15 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I'm wondering if they are even going to have any more delta releases after the VF-31C. There haven't been any reveals or announcements in a long time. I would have expected something well before the VF-31C release to keep the hype train going. Yet here we are a month away from that and nothing. It would be hard for me to imagine them not milking the delta/171 molds as much as they can, it is Bandai afterall, but I just don't get their game plan with these.

I need them to get through delta squadron before I can even have a chance at a VF-31A. And with the seemingly poor sales of the SV-262 it seems that the chances of a Roid version are slipping away.

I KNOW, RIGHT? I simply do not understand why Bandai is dragging its feet with Macross toys when it's the same company that released Zeta Gundam in 1/44 Real Grade, 1/144 High Grade, 1/100 Master Grade, AGAIN in 1/100 Master Grade (in metallic colors), AND THEN AGAIN in 1/60 Master Grade (version 2.0), and in 1/60 Perfect Grade, and with most of those molds having recolored variants (Zeta Gundam in the dark gray colors, Zeta Gundam in the bright orange colors, Zeta Gundam in simple blue-and-white colors, Zeta Gundam in pink-and-white "Unicorn" inspired colors, entirely-red Zeta Gundam from a video game, etc).

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

49 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

I KNOW, RIGHT? I simply do not understand why Bandai is dragging its feet with Macross toys when it's the same company that released Zeta Gundam in 1/44 Real Grade, 1/144 High Grade, 1/100 Master Grade, AGAIN in 1/100 Master Grade (in metallic colors), AND THEN AGAIN in 1/60 Master Grade (version 2.0), and in 1/60 Perfect Grade, and with most of those molds having recolored variants (Zeta Gundam in the dark gray colors, Zeta Gundam in the bright orange colors, Zeta Gundam in simple blue-and-white colors, Zeta Gundam in pink-and-white "Unicorn" inspired colors, entirely-red Zeta Gundam from a video game, etc).

It's simple. Bandai knows the profit returns for this are much faster than Macross. And they're more affordable because they're just kits. And the production of this are more machine-produced. You should know by now that Gundam are more popular than Macross, right? Heck, the proof of that is they're already making their second life-size Gundam display in full body form. Just saying. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

On 8/26/2017 at 6:50 AM, jvmacross said:

Yeah...."display only" has become more like "coming soon"....

Hoping this one is no different....fingers remain crossed for now....

m13p.jpg

If they actually released that, I wonder how much it would be? Wouldn't it be annoying if it was the same price as the Arcadia Premium Finish, or cheaper even? Well, for those who preordered the Arcadia Premium anyway.

Edited by ArchieNov

57 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

If they actually released that, I wonder how much it would be? Wouldn't it be annoying if it was the same price as the Arcadia Premium Finish, or cheaper even? Well, for those who preordered the Arcadia Premium anyway.

I think it would be a fair assumption.....much less and way better in terms of finish, accessories and gimmicks....

I hope this turns out to be Bandai's flagship collectible for their Macross 35th Anniversary lineup.....although I'd be happy if we get the 1/35th VF-1.....or why not both?

And if they release a 1/3000-ish instead....it will definitely be cheaper

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

A Deculture or anniversary scheme VF-25 to celebrate the decade anniversary and 35th anniversary of the franchise wouldn't be the worst idea...

Agree. I wouldn't mind a 're-release' of DX VF-25's as long that it's 'Itasha' versions too. :wub: 

Edited by no3Ljm

On 8/25/2017 at 3:50 PM, jvmacross said:

Yeah...."display only" has become more like "coming soon"....

Hoping this one is no different....fingers remain crossed for now....

m13p.jpg

On 8/31/2017 at 6:14 AM, jvmacross said:

I think it would be a fair assumption.....much less and way better in terms of finish, accessories and gimmicks....

I hope this turns out to be Bandai's flagship collectible for their Macross 35th Anniversary lineup.....although I'd be happy if we get the 1/35th VF-1.....or why not both?

And if they release a 1/3000-ish instead....it will definitely be cheaper

This.  I will happily buy it.

22 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Bundle release of Alto / Ozma

i prefer an armor bundle and not double of more or less the same valk!:p

21 hours ago, kajnrig said:

A Deculture or anniversary scheme VF-25 to celebrate the decade anniversary and 35th anniversary of the franchise wouldn't be the worst idea...

I hope they will go easy on the stripes if they do decide to annivesarise the 25...its skinny enough without needing stripes to make it look skinnier...

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Agree. I wouldn't mind a 're-release' of DX VF-25's as long that it's 'Itasha' versions too. :wub: 

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Itasha? No. Bundles?  Yes!  Particularly Ozma with armor. 

Itasha's need to be tasteful, then yes! But it is art after all and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder! :rolleyes: